The Signal Color Coded Collectible Guide

Tyger7

Introduction

The Signal is the first installment of the the DLC for Alan Wake. You will have 16 extra collectibles to obtain while completing the episode. If you followed the color coded guide for the main adventure, you'll feel very comfortable reading this one. Though to go along with the collectible guide I have made a video that has all of them as well. This way if you somehow get lost or can't find something, you can watch the video. Everything is in order as you should collect thing and again, highlights when other various achievements can be obtained. Remember to always check your statistics screen in the pause menu to keep track that everything is counting.

About this DLC's Collectibles

There are a total of 10 alarm clocks to collect, and 6 cardboard standees. The standees are all of different characters in the game. All of the alarm clocks are identical to one another. The cardboard standees are like the signs of the main adventures. You press :bbut: to read them. The clocks should be treated like the coffee thermos collectibles. Just collect them with the prompt when you're close enough. If you die or reload, even if you collected the alarm clock, it will show back up. You don't have to re-collect it, since it already saved that you had picked it up once. Oddly if you play through again the alarm clocks you collected won't be there.

Colored Coded Key

Alarm Clocks = Blue

Cardboard Standees = Red

Misc = Purple

Edited by Tyger7

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Misc: There is an achievement for completing this episode without dying/reloading. You must do this is one sitting as well. I would suggest doing this on a second playthrough, since you'll be going for the other achievments.

Alarm Clock (1/10):

After you get a flashlight and a gun near the start of this episode, head towards the diner door. Fend off the attackers and the bigger enemy will have smashed the door to the back area where you are supposed to head out. Right when you enter that new area, look right.

Cardboard Standee (1/6 - Odin Anderson):

After exiting the cabin and entering the supply store, defeat the enemies there and run out the back door, taking an immediate right (you should see a bunch of red lights hanging outside). Now take another right which leads you to the left side of the building to find the first standee.

Cardboard Standee (2/6 - Sarah Breaker):

After the last collectible, you need to jump over the fence. You'll see the street destroyed. Go left, running by the floating words until you see more words of various weapons/tools. The standee is on the left by a white vehicle.

Alarm Clock (2/10):

You'll eventually come to a gate that has the word "memory" floating in front of it. After you enter the gate take a left and jump over the fallen trees to find the alarm clock on the bench one of the trees fell on.

Cardboard Standee (3/6 - Barry Wheeler):

After getting a "key" to enter the church, look to your left right as you enter. It's by the first window there.

Alarm Clock (3/10):

Once you're down in the basement of the church with tons of furnaces, run around and kill all the enemies that spawn. Doing this, you'll probably find the clock on your own. If not, run back to the broken stairs where you started. Facing away from the broken stairs, follow the fence keeping it on the right of you and you'll find the chair quickly without getting lost.

Misc:

Before you climb out of the furnace area, make sure you shine your flashlight on all of the words that say "Blast" in front of the furnaces. After you make them all shoot flames (making them explode) you will gain an achievement. You should do this after you've killed everything.

Alarm Clock (4/10):

After speaking with Barry and running through the forest with lots of words you utilize as weapons,you'll come to a red chair wth a TV on it. Take the right path, dispatching any enemies. You'll find a train car to the right of the tracks. In the front corner of the train car is the clock.

Alarm Clock (5/10):

After battling through the forest, you'll finally come to a save haven light. After getting there, turn to see the "turret". It's facing a small tent. Inside the tent is the alarm clock.

Cardboard Standee (4/6 - Cynthia Weaver):

You'll come to a spot where you have to use a search light to create objects that make a bridge. As you run up the first one (train car) let yourself fall in the gap, and to the right you'll find the standee.

Alarm Clock (6/10):

You'll come out of a cave and see tons of street lights. As you navigate through this area, you'll curve left and then right. After the curve to the right keep an eye out for some fences. There is an alarm clock at the end inbetween those fences. This would be on your left.

Cardboard Standee (5/6 - Tor Anderson):

Shortly after the last collectible is a Safe Haven light. After you pass through it, look right and you'll see the stand.

Misc:

When you get to the area with all the words that say "Wheels", you should avoid getting into any of them to gain an achievement for making it through the section without using a car.

Alarm Clock (7/10):

You'll get to an area that has a lot of words that say "Wheels" (the one described above). Once you hit the switch to open the door, stick to your left as you run and you'll find the alarm clock on the edge of a big log pile.

Alarm Clock (8/10):

You'll come the word "climb". Shine your flashlight at it to create a ladder, and climb up. Right when you get to the top, go left and left again (like a U-Turn). It's at the end of the bridge.

Alarm Clock (9/10):

From the last collectible, make your way zig-zagging through the the the mini maze. You'll see a Safe Haven light. Go to the left side of the cabin in front of you (you should be outside still) and you'll find it in front of a fence.

Cardboard Standee( 6/6 - Alice Wake):

Once you get through the cabin area after the Safe Haven, you'll find a memory of Alan's wife (Alice) talking. To your right is a big truck next to the word "bridge". Head to the truck and take a right. You'll see the last standee after taking that right.

Alarm Clock (10/10):

When you find yourself in your bedroom, you just have to exit and go into the door to your right (into Alan's office). It's on the chair by the lamp.

Misc:

There is an achievement for beating the last section in under a minute and a half. It starts after the talking in the Alan's house and of course ends at the end of the episode. Just use your flare gun, 4 shots should be more than enough to beat it. Watch the video for more info.

Edited by Tyger7

The word "ladder" in the clock 8 description is not "ladder" but something else. I think it was "climb". But it does reveal a ladder. I'll check it when I play back through for the run-on sentence.

Edit: Yep the ladders are labeled "climb"

Edited by Lex Talionis

Another great guide, nice job!

Just a few typos I noticed:

- You accidentally put an extra t when trying to using the B button icon in the second paragraph

- For Alarm Clock 1, it says 'flashligh)t', and the description appears to be cut off at the end

- For the Misc. note about the furnaces, it says 'fblast', instead of blast

- For the Misc. note about not using the cars, and Alarm Clock 7, it says 'wheeles', instead of wheels

I also wanted to personally thank you for inspiring me to use colour-coding in a guide I made, since yours was very well organized and easy to use I decided to try it too :)

Edited by RadiantViper

Another great guide, nice job!

Just a few typos I noticed:

- You accidentally put an extra t when trying to using the B button icon in the second paragraph

- For Alarm Clock 1, it says 'flashligh)t', and the description appears to be cut off at the end

- For the Misc. note about the furnaces, it says 'fblast', instead of blast

- For the Misc. note about not using the cars, and Alarm Clock 7, it says 'wheeles', instead of wheels

I also wanted to personally thank you for inspiring me to use colour-coding in a guide I made, since yours was very well organized and easy to use I decided to try it too :)

Thanks, I always tend to screw a few things up when bringing it over from my word pad, and seem to make a few other mistakes while typing. Appreciate the edits! What guide were you making?

Thanks, I always tend to screw a few things up when bringing it over from my word pad, and seem to make a few other mistakes while typing. Appreciate the edits! What guide were you making?

Yeah, same thing happens to me, I got a few errors that left me wondering 'How exactly did I type that?' :D

I made a guide for Lego Harry Potter (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=240369). So thanks again for the idea :)

Cardboard Standee (5/6 - Tor Anderson):

Shortly after the last collectible is a Safe Haven light. After you pass through it, turn left and you'll see the stand.

When you pass thru the light it's on your right, not the left. You head straight thru the light through the rock arch and it will be on your right, you can see it when you turn to go the direction you are supposed to progress if you turn right as you pass the safelight/rock arch

Edited by ofay

When you pass thru the light it's on your right, not the left. You head straight thru the light through the rock arch and it will be on your right, you can see it when you turn to go the direction you are supposed to progress if you turn right as you pass the safelight/rock arch

Thanks for pointing that out, not sure why I said left. Fixed it.