Heavy Metal Solo *air shreds!!!*

So yeah, been having a problem getting the 15 levels with randoms. So I decided to just cough it up and- like I usually do- make a way to do it my damn self.

What I found was a full-proof- albiet slow- way to do all fifteen (If you have the metal stones). At first I tried this by jumping onto games, but the host ALWAYS quits when you do this.

Why? Well, you'll be hording most of the kills and won't be helping anyone out if they're in peril. In my view, who cares. The people who jumped onto my game were more than happy to sit back and watch me drill this home.

So here are the requirements:

Autobot level

Must be Air Raid

Okay, in the level you have the high broken bridge. This will be your base of ops. Call it home. Hang your hat. Peel off your socks and put it on the heater- you'll be there for a while.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/madruckis/perch.jpg

Home Sweet Home

Wave 1-4

Stay on the main floor and build up your points right away. Squash spiders and gun down robots, but conserve ammo and avoid too much damage. If you must, buy health or ammo, but really try not to. What you're aiming to get is the triple burst rifle (located to the left of one of the two giant purple gates.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/madruckis/tripleshot.jpg

In this room, there is also a health machine and the door leading to the next floor ammo/overshield). The rifle is 200 so use your jet guns or melee enough people to get it. That's your first priority.

Wave 5-8

With the rifle in hand, go up to your perch. Three areas of interest:

• A purple gate right next to you spawns cars and mostly missle bots. As soon as a wave starts, look inside and shoot anyone coming out. Bullets do go in.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/madruckis/perch.jpg

• The opposite side of the bridge is another gate. Jets spawn from this one mostly. Your main directive is to take these guys out. They'll be your major source of income and pose your biggest threat. Use the primary machine gun for them and save the triple shot for sniping.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/madruckis/jet.jpg

• The other spawn point (to your left when facing the overshield room) spawns jets as well. Clip their wings first.

How to use your perch

The bridge protects you from fire and big guys and as long as no jets around, you'll be able to go untouched. But there are drawbacks and that's where Air Raid comes in. Using his cloak ability will save your hide and help you restock. You'll want to Cloak-Transform-Fly-restock-return in one smooth motion. Knowing your "runs" helps a lot.

Ammo run- CTF towards the overshield building but do a 180. The building to your right has an ammo station. Restock and fly back.

Health run- CTF towards the small room below the overshield. Health up and return. Runs change in later rounds and become easier but these do the job.

In these levels you can raise the 300 needed for the door in the triple shot room. Open it as soon as you can and go back to your bridge. Once you stock up another 400 points (and this comes easy killing jets and straglers) open up the room to the overshield. Your new runs look like this.

Ammo- CTF to the opening in the wall leading to the overshield room and make a right. Restock, reuse the opening and fly back.

Health- CTF as above and make a left. Get an overshield. Same way back.

Wave 9-13

By now, you should just be reusing all the techniques. Stay up on the perch and only come down when no one is showing up. Even then, flush them out and take your potshots, but only in a 1 vs 1 battle. If your entire team is dead and you're left, the enemies will try to shoot you from a balcony to the right of the purple rocketman gate.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/madruckis/enemy.jpg

One last final run opens up as an option.

Grenade- facing the purple rocket-man gate, turn to your right. Cloak and fall down. Follow the red arrows. Run into this little hallway and the machine on the right holds grenades. Pick some up, transform and fly back to the perch.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/madruckis/grenade.jpg

Grenading is for when groups are bunched together or for the big gun bots. You can also use the splash to get the shield bots but sniping their back as they trot by works better.

Wave 14

Not sure why, but this wave is long. Jets and jets come out and challenge your patience. But don't let up. If you're shield is gone and you're down to your normal health, CTF and go get an overshield. Do NOT screw around. Ammo can go down to the last bullet before you restock, but your overshield must be on at all times.

Grind this wave out and you're one wave away.

Wave 15

Honestly, easier than it looks solo. My entire team was booted from my game (I think a server hiccuped and froze my game. I was staring in disbelief as to just throwing away an hour of my life and just before I turned off my console, the game unfroze. My entire team was gone but at least I still had a chance.)

The big-guys come out one at a time. I heard 2 appear, I've heard 3. Well, 3 showed up to dance on my run. But I took it easy.

First priority- as I've said already- jets! If they respawn, take em out. Always turn you attention to the jets and wipe them out with pure hearted brutality.

Make ammo and overshield runs as needed but don't stand out in the open. The big guy's lasers and grenades can hurt you something good and wipe out your overshield in an instant. Always have one on.

You'll have shield guys and gattling guns in the mix. This is when the grenades go to work. CTF grenade runs over and over and you'll never have to be out of cover to do damage. Just chuck it over the bridge and see the kill count go up. Rinse-repeat until everything is dead.

So simple.

Extra Notes

*If you don't host a game and jump onto one where Air Raid is taken, use a jet. Just remember that the overshield is your main priority, then comes ammo. Having all jets using the perch should make things go so fast since enemies will be in the open instead of chasing teammates in buildings.

*Be considerate. I racked up so many kills up on the perch that I was taking them from my team who were running in fear. So between rounds, I bought them items (overshields, ammo). If you want to do that, you can.

*Reviving teammates. I didn't. You can but I didn't. Nuff said.

* Again, doing this with people or friends is the easiest way to get to level 15. But me, I like making things harder on myself (lol).

*You can do this in a private match and not allow anyone else to join. Trust me though, even with random people jumping in and out of games, they tend to take the heat off of you for awhile and give the enemy something else to shoot.

Edited by MADasaHatter

This works... Nuff' said.

It took me about 2-3 hours.(I was playing really cautious)

I had 555 kills at the end. (Beat the 15th wave killed a lil bit more then died)

Be very wary of the jets. They can just surprise the hell out of you and before you know it your life is almost gone or your over shield is depleted.

Flak grenades are your friends against titans and those shield "brutes".

P.S. If you have around 2000-5000 energon points coming into this you can get the Powerhouse achievement fairly easily, just keep one enemy alive preferably the shield brute (he cant really damage you, all he does is run around trying to chase you) and go around buying all the guns, ammo, doors around and you should be good.

I had 555 kills at the end. (Beat the 15th wave killed a lil bit more then died)QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this is almost impossible for you to have 555 kills just to level 15. We made it to wave 35 and that was with each person about 300 kills each.

I had 555 kills at the end. (Beat the 15th wave killed a lil bit more then died)QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this is almost impossible for you to have 555 kills just to level 15. We made it to wave 35 and that was with each person about 300 kills each.

Yeah they spawn more guys with more players in the game. I soloed this as well and ended with 517 kills.

Slightly more on topic though, big thanks to the author of this tip. It's certainly not for everyone, but just as I was going to post on the achievement trading thread (and then wait around and work around my schedule) I found this. It took about 2-3 hours (closer to 3 I think) but excellent tips and playing it safe wins the race.

haha, i got lucky and got my heavy metal war badge from just jumping into a game that happened to be in round 15. as it goes though, ive worked out 15+ rounds almost everytime i do the autobot map and only around 10-12 for the decepticon one. so heres hoping some of these tips will help me and a squad make it to level 30 with the autobots.