Judge, Jury, and Executioner progressive contribution thread (possible SPOILERS)

Ferocious

For this achievement, there is no real definite answers yet so if anyone else is doing another play-through for this achievement or has done it, please feel free to contribute.

I will start with this:

It's obvious you will have to execute the following:

-Sheik Shaheed

-Brayko (and choose professional to get the info on Surkov so you get that mission)

-Surkov

-Deng

-Leland

-Westridge

So in order to ensure you execute both Leland and Westridge either join forces with Halbech and then betray and execute Leland or do the no compromise, no mercy route. The one where you fight Leland instead of Westridge, Westridge disappears into hiding.

However, if you do go the No compromise, No Mercy route that means you teamed up with Parker and don't kill him, so if he counts for the achievement then you will need to join Halbech, execute Westridge (and all the mini-bosses on the way which you don't actually "execute" but rather kill in battle) and then choose to betray Leland and execute him.

Now maybe it depends on whether you team up with SIE or not if you execute SIE or Albatross/Sis or maybe they don't matter at all.

You may have to execute Mina and it's been said to execute Scarlet but no one has revealed how that was done (I didn't go for that so I didn't attempt it however I didn't see an option to execute and I did try to shoot at her when I had her accompany me but nothing happens, she doesn't lose health).

Marburg, well if you have to kill him then the best way would be to piss him off completely and save Madison so that he fights you to the death; but possibly that doesn't matter.

Also, Championchik can be fought when going after Surkov and telling him he's under arrest, etc.. however it never actually says "execute" but it does say you defeated him as one of the objectives completed after doing so.

Then of course during your mission in Rome, you can choose to shoot Jibril Al-Bara or not with the sniper rifle. This may or not matter, however it's very possible being it gives you the option and makes it clear that it's an option (this should also get you negative rep with Marburg).

Don't forget there's that guy in the ice cream shop that you are suspicious of and can press the execute button. I've seen lists where people claim to have the achievement and didn't list him in it, but just in case.

The only one that you can "side with" and call upon for the end-game and still execute is Shaheed (well in my play-through that's how it was, anyone else feel free to share if you've uncovered any others in yours and how). I befriended Shaheed, I didn't hurt any of his men and contacted him before that mission in Rome, etc.. basically whenever I had the opportunity to speak with him and get his help I did and I always chose Professional stances and when I reached End Game, there was a mission to meet with him and it allowed me to either make a deal with him or execute him. I have tried both scenarios and it's a pretty epic scene if you finally take out that evil scum there.

Feel free to add to this thread and I will add anything else I find out when I go through my next play-through.

Edited by Ferocious

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct about everything, I would've got the achievement if I killed Surkov (forgot to make Brakyo talk more before executing him), but one of my friends killed him and did everything else you said and got the achievement, expect he never had to kill Scarlet, he let Steven kill her.

You are correct about everything, I would've got the achievement if I killed Surkov (forgot to make Brakyo talk more before executing him), but one of my friends killed him and did everything else you said and got the achievement, expect he never had to kill Scarlet, he let Steven kill her.

Well that has been one a lot of people seemed to have missed (the prevent Surkov from escaping mission). I just chose B stances with Brayko and got it.

However, your friend let Steve Heck kill Scarlet? Well I didn't go for it so I haven't tested those waters yet but where did he get the intel? Because in order for the achievement I'm assuming you have to execute Deng who is the one on the video feed when you select Download PDA files as opposed to selecting to speak with Parker. This has yet to have been clarified, when I get there I can try a few things and get it I'm sure but I went for the opposite achievement first so I didn't bother.

Edited by Ferocious

If you take Steven as your handler in the last mission and also refuse to join Leland, there will be a cutscene after killing Westridge with Leland and Scarlet. You can have Steven kill Leland and Scarlet or have Scarlet kill Leland and then Steven kill her. Not sure if you can kill either of them yourself during the cutscene though. This is the "No Mercy, No Compromise" ending I believe.

EDIT: Also, it seems that you only can execute Scarlet yourself if you spared Deng. If you spare Deng then you can Download the PDA files instead of contacting Parker in the endgame. The PDA files reveal Scarlet as the killer and then later on Leland says he has Scarlet and Mina captive, so you have to kill them both, but you still left Deng alive, so you wouldn't get the achievement. So, if you kill Deng, then Scarlet is never captured, never giving you a chance to kill her.

So...make sure you kill Deng and you don't need to kill Scarlet is how I see it

Edited by linkin10362

I did that too, killed marburg as well. It falls down to Scarlet it seems.

Having to killed Deng, means Scarlet wont be revealed, and even if she does with good rep there wont be an option to kill her. Even skipping contacting her at the hotel and not having her at the final mission still doesnt matter if you kill everyone else.

Even if you have steven kill scarlet, which requires "No Compromise, No Mercy" ending.. meaning that you spared shaheed.. doesnt work either. Unless I'm wrong, sparing Shaheed, then executing him just before the final mission will still work?

Another interesting thing came up as the perks you get when murdering "major characters" first one for any 4, then "trail of dead bodies" or something when you kill 8? Not sure if that means something, but while trying different ways to kill Scarlet, "trail of dead bodies" both appeared when I killed Deng or spared Deng then killed Scarlet, meaning they're both "major characters"

Also Nasri, Shaheed, Sis, Albatross/SIE are all "major" since "No Witness" the perk for 4 coldblooded kills after executing whoever you choose to "rescue" at the Brayko's mansion.

Since a lot of achievements appear after getting a perk of same name, I'm taking a wild guess that you need to kill 12 major characters in coldblood?

Edited by Sh1nx

Okay, this seems to be a convoluted achievement to get, so let me mix the pot a bit more.

It seems to make sense that all the people you meet as bosses must die for this achievement - Shaheed, Omen Deng, Brayko, Sis, and possibly Marburg (although since you never get the chance to actually 'execute' him I'm not 100% sure about him).

You get the chance to kill either Albatross or SIE, whichever you chose to run the Embassy mission, and subsequently Brayko's manor in Moscow with. I believe this must also be done.

Then there's a few minor characters you get a chance to cap - Nasri, the Gelato Man, and possibly Jibril al-Bara. Nasri and TGM are both in-dialogue 'execute' options, so I'd bet on them, but al-Bara is in some doubt. Better to pop him just to be safe.

Then, the Endgame people. If you kill Shaheed in the beginning, is there another way to get the option to purge Alpha Protocol and Halbech, so that you can execute both Westridge and Leland? Does Albatross offer an option to this effect? Is it possible to get him friendly enough, considering you'll be killing Sis and running the Embassy with SIE? Is it okay (or even possible) to leave killing Shaheed after you've already agreed to betray AP? Does it still count?

Then, Scarlet? Is it possible to kill Scarlet although Omen Deng never pegs her as the assassin? I remember that on my first 'Crime Buster' playthrough, she came to kill Leland after I'd spared him, at which time it was revealed that she was the assassin, and offered me the option to execute her, but on that playthrough, I never fought/saw Westridge.

Other questions remain! Is it possible to kill Mina without siding with Leland? Is Parker a factor? It is all so confusing! :confused:

How exactly do i make Scarlet come to Graybox? I only met her there once and that's when i had negative relationship with her. Before the endgame we met at a cafe, not in her hotel room, so i actually told her to come to Graybox. But if you meet her at the hotel, you give her all the info on Halbech, so she doesnt come to Graybox.

damn, this achievement is doing my head in :( i've done 3 complete playthroughs already and numerous partial ones.

I've had Scarlet in Graybox every time I played, tied up to a chair in an interrogation room quite near the beginning when you escape (before you rescue/kill Mina), right after you talk to Parker or Deng. Leland should mention to you that she's been captured.

She might not be there if you don't deliver the Halbech data to her before the infiltration mission, although I've never tried to skip that part.

Yeah I had Scarlet there every time as well but I also had a +10 rep.

Now, if you execute SIE can you execute Sis/Albatross or it's one path or the other? I only had the option for SIE my first play-through (she was tied up) and I don't recall a fight with Sis, however she did rescue my character in End Game when I used Albatross as the handler. It's possible I was playing half-asleep so don't recall a fight with Sis but maybe making an agreement with SIE early on in Moscow (first place I went) avoided that confrontation.

So... does anyone have this achievement yet? Cause speculations are speculations and I wouldn't want to waste a playthrough just to test a theory.

I'd actually go for...

Nasri, Shaheed

Gelato guy, Marburg

Brayko, Surkov, SIE

Deng

Leland, Westridge and possibly Mina, Parker (maybe Scarlet too if my theory works)

Edited by Macho M.

So... does anyone have this achievement yet? Cause speculations are speculations and I wouldn't want to waste a playthrough just to test a theory.

I'd actually go for...

Nasri, Shaheed

Gelato guy, Marburg

Brayko, Surkov, SIE

Deng

Leland, Westridge and possibly Mina, Parker (maybe Scarlet too if my theory works)

Don't forget the terrorist cell leader you can snipe in Rome because that gives you the option to shoot or cancel the mission.

I did the Ask Questions First, Shoot Later achievement first and did all of the main endings, now started a new play-through (mid-way through Saudi Arabia, so depending how much time I have I will see how it goes).

I'm going to piss of Marburg as well and fight to the death so that I can get rid of him, then also take out SIE or Albatross/Sis whichever I get the option for (preferably SIE because I'm going for the no romance option this time since I did Ladies Man on my first play-through). Then on my third play-through, I'll sweep up anything left out if nothing is left out I'll just play it exactly how I want knowing what I know about the characters in advance (for example, I think Mina & Scarlet are great.. Deng is cool, also screw the rest of the "bosses" so I'll probably have a mix run).

However, I didn't know people had no definite way of getting Judge, Jury, & Executioner if they really did get rid of those they posted above then there's got to be another factor. Maybe you don't execute right away when u have an option to talk to them (so you can be the judge and the jury, and then execute). So if that's the case, maybe you don't kill Deng and you DO kill Scarlet being you find out Deng is innocent so if you did "judge" him he's innocent.

With that said, maybe I'll save Taipei for last with a save at that point with Deng and also in the safe house before the mission to see if that works. Although some say you need to get rid of Scarlet, some people have claimed not going after Scarlet and getting the achievement but no one has yet to post in this thread for certainty in how they did it which makes me question if they did indeed get the achievement or if they even realize how they did it.

It's technically an easy achievement, it's just a matter of taking the right steps and making certain decisions.

I am wondering if you have to kill EVERYONE on the kill/spare Jibril Al-Bara mission? Since you can shoot them if you want.

I wondered this as well but it is possible because you're "shooting first" and not waiting for any confirmation, however it's not confirmed or not if you have to just go Rambo on everyone as if they're your enemies or just judge those that do bad and get rid of them.

very frustrated with this one... had killed: Shaheed, Nasri, Gilato man, Al-Bara, Deng, Sis, Albatross, Brayko, and Surkov. sided with halbech so i could kill mina, no kill option for scarlet since i killed Deng, then proceeded to kill Parker, Westridge, and Leland at the end. no achievement.

also, didn't get No Time for Love, even though I pissed off Madison enough to have her attack me and left her to die in the museum, had

Mina at -8 or so by endgame (and killed her), attacked SIE at the trainyard and never talked to her again, and had Scarlet pissed at me so we met at the cafe instead of her hotel at the end. do you have to NEVER answer something that increases their liking of you? I did a couple times in the beginning since I was going for the 25% each answer type across 90 choices, but after that quickly got them to hate me again.

i know we're kind of all going over these things, but if anybody sees what I did wrong with these two please tell me. don't want to start a new playthrough until I know exactly what needs to be done.

Really annoying achievement.

Killed Nasri, Shaheed, Gelato Shop man, Al-Bara, Deng, Sis, Albatross, Brayko, Surkov, Parker, Westridge, Mina and Leland. I did not get an option to execute Scarlet for whatever reason. Should be clearer who you need to kill.

very frustrated with this one... had killed: Shaheed, Nasri, Gilato man, Al-Bara, Deng, Sis, Albatross, Brayko, and Surkov. sided with halbech so i could kill mina, no kill option for scarlet since i killed Deng, then proceeded to kill Parker, Westridge, and Leland at the end. no achievement.

also, didn't get No Time for Love, even though I pissed off Madison enough to have her attack me and left her to die in the museum, had

Mina at -8 or so by endgame (and killed her), attacked SIE at the trainyard and never talked to her again, and had Scarlet pissed at me so we met at the cafe instead of her hotel at the end. do you have to NEVER answer something that increases their liking of you? I did a couple times in the beginning since I was going for the 25% each answer type across 90 choices, but after that quickly got them to hate me again.

i know we're kind of all going over these things, but if anybody sees what I did wrong with these two please tell me. don't want to start a new playthrough until I know exactly what needs to be done.

Well on my first play-through I went for Ask Questions First, Shoot Later and Ladies Man.

We are discussing the possibilities for the Judge, Jury, & Executioner and am early on in another play-through and will check it out for myself.

However as far as No Time For Love, I don't think having them hate you gets you the achievement. For example, you said that you didn't see SIE again. You didn't have the opportunity with any of them to romance, so you didn't turn anyone down. I didn't go for this achievement yet but may on this play-through, but I'm guessing you at least have to have SIE as your handler in the end whether she tries to hook up with you or not. So if you are going for the Judge, Jury, and Executioner one that means you should probably make sure it's Albatross at the mansion and not SIE.

I imagine if you turned each one down (didn't check on Madison, didn't kiss Mina, didn't stay for Scarlet, and choose SIE for the end game mission yet either didn't have her try to seduce you or if she did, you didn't go with it and you made an absolute "No" stance) that should then get you the achievement at that point. Again I didn't go for either of these achievements yet, but I don't think it's as getting all the girls to hate you.. it makes more sense that you could have romance, but you choose not to so you had "No Time for Romance". Keep it strictly business and turn them all down (choosing SIE as your handler in the end game to turn her down if she tries to put the moves on) makes sense in getting the achievement.

Or, it is possible being No Time For Love says: Complete the game without being seduced.

Seduction can either be being convinced into engaging into something (ie sex) or it could be just attempting to. To ensure I was right about this, I checked the world's most famous dictionary's website:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/seduced

Definition 3 is tricky, because it says entice TO sexual intercourse so obviously that could mean either being convinced into it or attempted to being convinced into it depending on the context.

So, it's either: Ensure you are in the situation with each character where your character CAN hook up with them but don't, or don't even get into that situation however still have SIE as your handler in end-game but don't have her even attempt to hook up with you.

I'm sure someone with the achievement can confirm how they did it, as I'm on my second play-through and my first one as stated above I went for and got Ladies Man instead.

It's possible either or works, but I haven't attempted it so I'm just going by the definition of the achievement when you check your achievements list for Alpha Protocol.

Edited by Ferocious

Okay, finished a playthrough by killing Nasri, Shaheed, Deng, The Gelato Man, Al-Bara, Marburg, Sis, SIE, Brayko and Surkov during the first four sections of the game, in that order.

After killing Surkov, I received a perk called 'Trail of Corpses' so I was hopeful that I was on the right track to JJaE.

Then I ran the endgame twice, once joining with Leland, another as 'Fuck Off'.

If you kill Sis and don't take Albatross as your handler to the Embassy/Manor missions, you never see him again, and can't choose him as your handler in the endgame. So I went with Heck both times.

When joining Leland, I get the pleasure to execute Mina and Westridge, and kill Darcy and Parker in combat. I also blew up Leland with a mine afterwards. Scarlet I can't kill even though she confesses being the Taipei assassin.

No achievement.

Then I tell Leland to go pleasure himself. I don't get the chance to kill Mina, and also don't get the chance to kill Scarlet. I only get to execute Leland in this ending.

No achievement.

Most non-triumphant.

Okay, finished a playthrough by killing Nasri, Shaheed, Deng, The Gelato Man, Al-Bara, Marburg, Sis, SIE, Brayko and Surkov during the first four sections of the game, in that order.

After killing Surkov, I received a perk called 'Trail of Corpses' so I was hopeful that I was on the right track to JJaE.

Then I ran the endgame twice, once joining with Leland, another as 'Fuck Off'.

If you kill Sis and don't take Albatross as your handler to the Embassy/Manor missions, you never see him again, and can't choose him as your handler in the endgame. So I went with Heck both times.

When joining Leland, I get the pleasure to execute Mina and Westridge, and kill Darcy and Parker in combat. I also blew up Leland with a mine afterwards. Scarlet I can't kill even though she confesses being the Taipei assassin.

No achievement.

Then I tell Leland to go pleasure himself. I don't get the chance to kill Mina, and also don't get the chance to kill Scarlet. I only get to execute Leland in this ending.

No achievement.

Most non-triumphant.

My first play-through I don't recall if I spared Sis however Albatross mentioned it so I might have (I just don't remember the fight unless there was no big introduction or I was half asleep which could be possible but who knows. How do you get Albatross to be in the mansion instead of SIE? I want to have SIE as my handler in the end-game and my first play-through I SIE was in the end-game. I don't remember if I had a choice to have Albatross or SIE meet me there, but it's possible I just was more into the story than paying attention to those details at the time.

Then as I got more used to the game and started seeing all of these achievement threads, I paid closer attention to what I did so I could post and help out others if I got an achievement they didn't and they were inquiring about it on the forums.

I am going to make a back-up in Taipei before the fight with Deng so that I can re-load and try keeping him alive and then getting rid of Scarlet when the opportunity presents itself to see if that makes a difference.

Also, someone else mentioned that they got "Trail of the Corpses" after 8 kills (unless their information was wrong), so maybe two of those didn't count (probably out of Sis, Nasri, Marburg, SIE, Al-Bara, and the guy in the Gelato Shop in Rome). If I had to assume, it would be Marburg just because how you have to go about it and the other one is up in the air. As more of us complete play-throughs, we should be able to pin point it, it's just a matter of time.

Edited by Ferocious

If you get Leland to dislike you, instead of offering you a job doesn't he ask Scarlet to shoot you? I've heard about this a few times now and I'm wondering if that could solve the Scarlet issue (if you can shoot her back as well as Leland).

However, then the issue will be to get Westridge being the only time I fought Leland, Westridge ran and escaped. Unless, not getting Parker to help you will trigger a fight with Westridge and you can still take out Leland afterwards.

I haven't tested something like that yet, but maybe someone else has. I was on very good terms with Leland in my first play-through although I plan on not being on good terms with him at all in my current play-through.

You always get the same person in the mansion that you used as a handler in the Embassy mission.

Thanks yeah I kind of figured that and just did that. I also attacked SIE but she liked my character even more for it haha. It was a full-out battle like you would have with Marburg too, so I wonder if that counts for the achievement or not.

However as far as No Time For Love, I don't think having them hate you gets you the achievement. For example, you said that you didn't see SIE again. You didn't have the opportunity with any of them to romance, so you didn't turn anyone down. I didn't go for this achievement yet but may on this play-through, but I'm guessing you at least have to have SIE as your handler in the end whether she tries to hook up with you or not. So if you are going for the Judge, Jury, and Executioner one that means you should probably make sure it's Albatross at the mansion and not SIE.

I imagine if you turned each one down (didn't check on Madison, didn't kiss Mina, didn't stay for Scarlet, and choose SIE for the end game mission yet either didn't have her try to seduce you or if she did, you didn't go with it and you made an absolute "No" stance) that should then get you the achievement at that point. Again I didn't go for either of these achievements yet, but I don't think it's as getting all the girls to hate you.. it makes more sense that you could have romance, but you choose not to so you had "No Time for Romance". Keep it strictly business and turn them all down (choosing SIE as your handler in the end game to turn her down if she tries to put the moves on) makes sense in getting the achievement.

thanks for the tips, it does make sense that if all the ladies liked you and offered sex, then saying no to all of them would be an effective stop to the seduction. I'd just prefer it worked if you only had to have them hate you since you don't have to worry about their affections (well, and also because I would have the achievement already of course)

2 more questions: how do you get the 'Fuck Off' option with Leland at the end? both playthroughs I've had him at almost Friendship by endgame and only had 'refuse' and 'join Halbech', does he have to hate you? makes no sense, that seems like he wouldn't give the offer at all then...

and how do you kill Marburg? I fought him once in the endgame when I told Parker that Marburg kidnapped/tried to kill his daughter, but it wasn't an execute option just a battle... can you kill him in the museum in Rome somehow? I've done both museum choices but both with +8 from Marburg and he just runs away

edit: just now chose Sie for endgame handler and even though she didn't try to jump me, I got No Time for Love right as our conversation ended. so her being your handler is a requirement for it regardless off like/dislike

Edited by ubermensch2007

Okay, I'm probably going to have to backtrack and play through most of the game again, but I'm thinking of trying to actually spare Shaheed in the very beginning of the game, so that I'll be get from him the option to purge Alpha Protocol and Halbech, and THEN execute him, if that's possible.

Also, I'm thinking of trying to be unfriendly with Scarlet and Mina for most of the game, for one reason - in my first playthrough to a Crime Buster ending, I had Scarlet appear after Leland boss fight to shoot me, and I remember having there the opportunity to execute her or let her go.

That would then possibly enable me to fight against both Westridge and Leland in the end, and then tie the whole bloody package with a Scarlet ribbon.

Of course, if anyone's already tried one of the above options I'd be grateful if they'd come forward and save me another 6-10 hours on a game I'm missing one achievement on...

If not, I'll report back in a day or two.