Mini Game Help

Epsilon 616

No, you can sigh, Its not about horseshoes.

I am having trouble with Five finger fillet and Arm wrestling.

I tried five finger fillet and its pretty easy button smasher. But what I want to know is if there is any pattern change while doing it or is it a set pattern for the entire mini game. I suck at reaction time games. I am blind in one eye so its really hard for me to react well to the buttons changing. If there were a pattern, it would make it easier.

Arm Wrestling on the other hand has got me vexed. I can't seem to get it down. Everytime I mash on 'A', I always lose or accidentally hit 'B' forfeiting the match. So I try to 'defend' more by holding 'A' and just lose slower. Yes, I am betting only a dollar. But I can't seem to get this one down.

I watch my opponents face to see when to attack and defend, but still it hasn't help me any. Anyone got any tips?

Right, I have never played arm wrestling.

But, five finger fillet is a set pattern someone had a thread about it.

I am playing Five Finger Fillet Minigame

This minigame is very easy and is the main source of my money grinding. I got 10000$ within 1+ hr.

First you must find the minigame location in armadillo. It's the hand icons in the morning or afternoon.

Bet with the maximum deal. It will start with 10$ 25$ and the boss is 100$.

After you beat the boss, You can fight with boss again without waste the time with 10$-25$ bet. Time for money farming with 100$ per less than min.

How to play

You push the button in the pattern as fast as you can but MUST NOT TOO MUST FAST!! You will know the rythm if you learn for a while.

You not need to see the TV, Look at your hand and joypad.

Pattern for 10$ bet is

A B A Y A B A Y A B .... A B A Y A B A Y A B ..... (Loop until you win)

Pattern for 25$ and 100$ bet is

A B A Y A X A B A Y ...... A B A Y A X A B A Y .... A B A Y A X A B A Y .... A B A Y A X A B A Y (Loop until you win)

The bold is what you really need but I just put in the full post for completness.

Hope this helps, it helped me anyway.

Edited by adz5000
added five finger fillet pattern

What about Arm Wrestling? I'm having problems with that one too :(

similar concept to hitting the A button with the horses.

first. try to hold position at neutral or towards winning side.

Once the opponent, is closer to winning, it's very hard to recover.

keep a steady rhythm with the a button till you see your opponent start to tire. then you increase the frequency of pushing the a button FTW.

you may have to rest at intervals to get your strength meter back up.

Do the arm wrestling at the Union Pacific Railroad depot.

Your 2 opponents are a bit on the older side.

That might be to your advantage.

similar concept to hitting the A button with the horses.

first. try to hold position at neutral or towards winning side.

Once the opponent, is closer to winning, it's very hard to recover.

keep a steady rhythm with the a button till you see your opponent start to tire. then you increase the frequency of pushing the a button FTW.

you may have to rest at intervals to get your strength meter back up.

Do the arm wrestling at the Union Pacific Railroad depot.

Your 2 opponents are a bit on the older side.

That might be to your advantage.

This helped alot. It took me a few tries, but of got the hang of it. I found its best to 'defend' by holding 'A' first and them tap 'A' in rhythm when there face shows fatiue.

lol! I also cant tell what the f*in difference in their faces are! They all look the same to me... I thought, perhaps, looking at their arm and hand to see maybe there is a correlation between pose, movement, etc and when to tap A, but I havent found anything consistent. ...unless Im consistently misreading the "signals".

lol! I also cant tell what the f*in difference in their faces are! They all look the same to me... I thought, perhaps, looking at their arm and hand to see maybe there is a correlation between pose, movement, etc and when to tap A, but I havent found anything consistent. ...unless Im consistently misreading the "signals".

Nah mate, if you are then i'm right there with ya.

I just waited, when it looked like i was gaining a bit of ground, i'd hammer A, and just hold it when he was gaining. It was the only way i managed to win.