Best way to earn money? $10k cheevo.

What is the best way to rake in the coin? I know skinning bears etc is quite profitable, but there arent many around, and theres always high stakes poker but that would take forever. Considering you finish the game with around $1500 theres still a hefty bit to make up.

What ive done is just grinded it in 'Tall Trees'. I've killed anything moving. It took me a couple of hours of skinning bears, wolves and beavers. Grind in the woods for a hour, sell it to a mexican general store to maximise profit

There is always lots of bears at Tall Trees. If there arnt any bears, place bait and watch the animals flock in!

If you're heading for 100% / 100 :gsicon: then do not worry about getting money, you will get it eventually!

Animal skinning is certainly the easiest money-maker.

Edited by Cable Player
Spelling

There is always lots of bears at Tall Trees. If there arnt any bears, place bait and watch the animals flock in!

If you're heading for 100% / 100 :gsicon: then do not worry about getting money, you will get it eventually!

Animal skinning is certainly the easiest money-maker.

It's jolly fun too!

Just playing the game naturally, you're going to rack up the $10K.

If you can, trying to capture, rather than kill. You only get half the reward with kills.

Work on the challenges, do as many npc ambient missions that come your way, loot all your victims.

Definitely do the Treasure hunt challenges, you'll get around $3K total that way.

Since it's all cumulative, you'll get this eventually.

I've only finished 41 missions, and only completed 2 bounties out of 20, and I've already gained about $16 K.

You dont have to grind it at all, just finish the game and the other achievements. If you dont have it by then just sell everything. You get like 3-4k just from the gold bars that you get from the Treasures. I didn't even try to get this and I got it before I finished the game, and I have never sold anything other than those gold bars.

Can anyone tell me where i get the treasure map for the challenges ?

I got it from a random encounter with a treasure hunter who was getting shot at. from there you get the other treasure maps from each of the chests you find.

Can anyone tell me where i get the treasure map for the challenges ?

You'll come across a Chinese treasure hunter being ambushed.

As a reward for saving him, he'll give you a treasure map.

When you find the treasure, you'll acquire a gold bar and a treasure map that for the next treasure, etc.

You'll come across a Chinese treasure hunter being ambushed.

As a reward for saving him, he'll give you a treasure map.

When you find the treasure, you'll acquire a gold bar and a treasure map that for the next treasure, etc.

I know how to get it i just dont know where .

Just go for 100%. Treasure hunting is lucrative, gang hideouts, stranger missions. It's cumulative. I got it around $6,000, and that was a few days ago. I now have $8,002 dollars and every time I go to the shops I load up on supplies. I still have a bunch of bounties to do, a few challenges, and I will probably be OVER $10,000 soon, despite only needing to earn it cumulatively.

There's no need for any "tactics" or grinding it out by hunting. Look what you need to do to 100% (and all the achievements) and it comes naturally.

i encountered him on the road between McFarlane's Ranch and Armadillo. Just follow the sounds of a gun fight. It's pretty random.

That's odd. They must just place him where it's convenient for the game and your progress in the story. I was in Gaptooth Ridge when I ran into him, trying to get flowers for a stranger mission.

• 1 month later...

You will most likely get it when going for 100% especially when completing the challenges you get a lot of things to sell. What i did was complete all the challenges in one go and then when i was selling all the stuff i had got whilst doing the challenges it just popped up :) I suppose you could go play poker, blackjack, have an arm wrestle, five finger fillet etc and if you loose just reload the save and try again, but honestly it'll most likely pop up as you are going for 100%. I think you can rob the bank or shopkeepers some how not so sure about shopkeepers but i remember cracking some safes in a bank. Another option would be to complete the stranger missions you can usually get some money off them or even complete random world events :)

What ive done is just grinded it in 'Tall Trees'. I've killed anything moving. It took me a couple of hours of skinning bears, wolves and beavers. Grind in the woods for a hour, sell it to a mexican general store to maximise profit

This is what I did and it worked pretty well....but DID take a few hours. I heard it's possible to ROB BANKS if you're playing as a Bandit but I have never done nor seen it..

This is what I did and it worked pretty well....but DID take a few hours. I heard it's possible to ROB BANKS if you're playing as a Bandit but I have never done nor seen it..

I think its possible to rob a bank whenever not to sure on the requirements to be able to do it but i know i cracked some safes in the bank and got a bounty for it. I went into the armadillo bank and walked through a door and got a bounty unintentionally so therefore proceeded on to crack the safes and get away although i don't think it was much money, maybe you get more for robbing the backwater bank. I'll have a check later on if you can get more money in the other banks or if your playing as a bandit/good character :)