[Guide] How to Do Echo Spec Op missions ON YOUR OWN.

this guide is my first guide so try not to massacre me guys with flames k :)

I OBVIOUSLY did not come up with this guide but only took my experience from reading Spec Op Guides to create my own one.

ECHO

WETWORK

This can be done two ways

The first one is the famous Solo Speed run which beats IW's very own record

Many can be found in YouTube by simply searching for a 'MW2 wetwork solo'

here is one that i randomply picked out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsXNZWvQkBw]YouTube- MW2 Wetwork IW's Best Veteran SOLO Guide[/ame]

OR

If people are finding this mission hard with the speed run for some reason or your partner just keeps screwing up in the second breach, heres my solo guide so you cant be mad at anyone but yourself if you still cant kill the four hostiles in the second breach. :p

BTW guys: this method is slow but a sure and easier way for people who just cant do it

ET time of completion can be anything from 10 - 16 minutes

You can start off by using your standard M4 and just use whatever secondary you want either the MG4 or stick with the shotgun.

The First Breach is just plain easy, knock off the three guys and run down to the gate, instead of spraying the enemies, you can stand on the planks and noob tube the incoming wave of enemies (if you cant really understand what im talking about you can watch the start of the speed run, this shows where to noob tube it perfectly)

After killing the first wave of enemies , blow up the two Gas Tanks .

Afterwards you need to eliminate the four hostiles that are upstairs,(UNLESS THEY ALREADY DIED WITH THE FIRST WaVE OF ENEMIES YOU KILLED) . once you kill them , switch you secondary weapon for the AT4 which is located near the planks of wood directly in front of you . You should now be equipped with a M4 with Grenade Launcher and your rocket Launcher. After picking up the AT4 a new wave of enemies should pop out, you should also notice that a few enemies are rappelling down. While they are rappelling down, run down the stairs(place claymores on the stairs if you need a precautionary) and go to the two gas tanks you blew up, and hide in between, when the chopper comes down either shoot it down with the AT4 or your grenade launcher(whichever you find easier to use). (USE THE TWO GAS TANKS AS COVER FROM ITS FIRE WHILE YOU WAIT FOR IT TO STABILIZE ITS HOVERING). after taking down the chopper you can simply go the the left of the gas tank and pick off your enemies as they run down the stairs:uzi:.

Once you think all of the enemies are neutralized you can slowly advance upstairs again, after nearing the two gas tanks upstairs a few enemies should run in from the right, after eliminating the wave of hostiles just blow up the two gas tanks to be sure they dont kill you. Afterwards slowly start to advance again, when you near the end of the hallway, get to some cover as there will be enemies in the corridor as you turn right, after eliminating the second to last wave of enemies, pick up a thermal F200 and advance upstairs. when you reach the top of the stairs and HEAR THE SMOKE BOMBS GOING OFF, RUN DOWN AND GET TO A SPOT WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE STAIRCASE YOU JUST RAN DOWN FROM that way, as they run down to kill you, you can have a massacre spree. After about 4 or 5 groups of smoke bombs go off the area should be clear. Slowly make your way up and hug the container right beside the stair case . Then take out the men on the Windows on the second floor on the last area using your thermal scope. WATCH OUT FOR MACHINE GUN NESTS. Once the area is fully clear , just pick a door and switch to your M4 red dot sight.

*If you breach from*

Left Door : a guy will the incoming from the left to knife you , watch out for him , the remaining three guys should be a simple job just take your time as there are C4 Everywhere .

Right Door : a guy will the incoming from the right to knife you and the rest is pretty much the same.

HIGH EXPLOSIVE

You will need 2 controllers (for yourself)

just follow this High Explosive Glitch which seems to be the easiest way to do this mission either done with yourself( splitscreen) or with a friend

ET : 10 ~ mins.

Video Link for glitch

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189916&highlight=Echo

Btw I recommend not using the thumper at all instead just focus on the knifing and , watch out because everytime you knife you step forward so just dont forget to step back every so often.

And ALSO, you may want to plant loads of c4 in the room where the juggs come in . BUT DONT USE THEM, just trigger the C4 once 3 juggs are in the room as this will make your life easier .(just read this somewhere , i think the c4 may actually be a good idea though).

and for

ARMOR PIERCING

ET: 12~ Mins( not exactly sure what triggers spawning you see)

for this mission,

When you start off just pick up an M240, and a Barrett 50.Caliber. then RUN for your life to the Scaffolding in the upper level( you know where you start off in WetWork and where you hide in campaign after plantin c4.)

The thing is to just snipe through the crack in the planks on the scaffolding and if any of the juggs do make it past your sniping. Just take out your M240 and blow their head off as they climb seeing as they cannot shoot while they climb.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO , DO NOT CLIMB DOWN TO TRY HUNT THEM , REMEMBER YOUR SOLO, THEY WILL EVENTUALLY COME DOWN TO KILL YOU , YOU JUST NEED TO BE PATIENT.

thats it for my first guide guys, i obviously know its not the best and you may have already read some of these somewhere before . just wanted to try help some of our players who still need those 69 stars :)

Always nice to see people trying to help out, but I'd suggest putting this somewhere like the Achievement Guide or possibly the Discussion thread.

I'm pretty sure there have been a few topics created to help people with certain things, but I'm sure if people need help they'd look in the achievement guide or discussion thread to find answers to their problems. The search function will point them to your post anyways :)

--

Didn't really look at your guide, so can't comment on that, but as I'm done with Spec Ops I don't need it :D

was wonderin if it was possible to get this stickied or sumthin so that people with difficulty on Echo may be helped so that future threads for help are reduced

As I stated in my first post, this would do better in the Achievement Guide thread. If you think this deserves to be in the achievement guide, contact the person who created it and they'll decide if it should be added.

I don't think making a topic about two missions a sticky is worth it.

Also, considering there is a complete written guide for each mission already added with a link in the Achievement guide and the Encyclopedia thread, this won't be stickied.

Not trying to sound harsh, if that's what it seems.

It'd be nice if you could get my name right, can't be too difficult.

Edited by DRCL

• 1 month later...

The best spot for Amour Piercing by far is the red skip on the third floor, you can stand inside of it and they don't shoot through and you have a clear view at the stairs they come down from and if you die outside then you can crawl to the side of the skip and your friend can revive you through the metal.

Edited by iBlessing 09

• 3 months later...

I found a solo player solution contributed by someone named ravnzcroftbackup on Youtube that relies more on skill than on a design exploit. First, here is the video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si16fNrPgf0&playnext_from=TL&videos=SElM_CfvZrk]High Explosive[/ame] He describes a great technique in my opinion.

Success, as you will see in the video, relies on isolating the juggernauts by forcing them to queue past a window. The player must time a headshot with a Thumper as each juggernaut parades past as it seeks to destroy you. The challenge is developing a rhythm and, should you miss a shot, not panicking as the juggernaut approaches the player's position.

The process is quite straightforward and following the uploader's example I was able to complete the mission in good time. In fact, when I did at last succeed I managed to beat IW's best time, which for me is a most rare treat.

Edited by growltiger

I found a solo player solution contributed by someone named ravnzcroftbackup on Youtube that relies more on skill than on a design exploit....

This is a lot easier:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwlCRqt5Gb0&feature=related]High Explosives Veteran Trick[/ame]

Edited by iBlessing 09

I found a solo player solution contributed by someone named ravnzcroftbackup on Youtube that relies more on skill than on a design exploit. First, here is the video:
He describes a great technique in my opinion.

Success, as you will see in the video, relies on isolating the juggernauts by forcing them to queue past a window. The player must time a headshot with a Thumper as each juggernaut parades past as it seeks to destroy you. The challenge is developing a rhythm and, should you miss a shot, not panicking as the juggernaut approaches the player's position.

The process is quite straightforward and following the uploader's example I was able to complete the mission in good time. In fact, when I did at last succeed I managed to beat IW's best time, which for me is a most rare treat.

Hey excellent contribution, I found your comments and the video commentary really helpful. I'll definitely try this later tonight. Then it will be Snatch & Grab to go... oh man...