Megadeth songs are ridiculous!

Afro Ninja

Well I have downloaded every single Megadeth song and in my opinion the Megadeth songs are probably one of the hardest DLC songs in Rock Band and Rock Band 2 on Expert guitar (even though I can beat all of them). I mean go download Devil's Island (Megadeth) and tell me that thats not the One (Metallica) version of Rock Band! So out of all the band difficulties for guitar, I think Megadeth should win.

You'd be surprised, when ordered in difficulty, they're not that high up. I thought My Last Words was insane, but when ordered in difficulty it was at the top of the impossible list.

At the bottom were Caprici Di Diablo, Thrasher and Painkiller. I don't trust it though because I found Caprici Di Diablo easier than Thrasher, only cause I can't strum that fast!

Megadeth is awesome, they definitely have some ridiculous songs. I have the Peace Sells album myself, and it's a good challenge. I also have Sleepwaker off of UA. Not the hardest songs out there, although it's difficult to judge that. You shouldn't always judge a song's difficulty by Harmonix's rating. 80% of the time it's accurate, but sometimes it is off by a mile.

For example if you compare all the impossible songs on drums, Panic Attack is still apparently the hardest song, above songs like My Last Words, Prequel to the Sequel, etc. Hell if even goes as far to say that songs like Peace Sells and Painkiller are more difficult than Good Mourning/Black Friday. If you are familiar with the drum charts on RB2, you'll know what I mean.

You're right about Caprici Di Diablo.

It was one of my first DLC songs, and it isn't too hard although it will cramp up your hand a little, especially if it's the first thing you play when you pop the disc in.

I've been meaning to buy the Peace Sells album (or parts of it. don't like mustaine, his guitar playing or his vocals.) but that's after I finish buying the Maiden songs :D

Dream Theater's Constant Motion is a bitch though. Incredibly insane solo with a frustrating verse. Plus, most things on RB that aren't in 4/4 time are weird to hit. The intro in this gets me every time.

You're right about Caprici Di Diablo.

It was one of my first DLC songs, and it isn't too hard although it will cramp up your hand a little, especially if it's the first thing you play when you pop the disc in.

I've been meaning to buy the Peace Sells album (or parts of it. don't like mustaine, his guitar playing or his vocals.) but that's after I finish buying the Maiden songs :D

Dream Theater's Constant Motion is a bitch though. Incredibly insane solo with a frustrating verse. Plus, most things on RB that aren't in 4/4 time are weird to hit. The intro in this gets me every time.

Pain Killer and Panic Attack are not hard at all! I don't even get why their both in the Impossible category.

Edit: And Dave is an amazing guitarist! He also wrote a couple Metallica songs such as Ride The Lightning. But I don't want to start this Megadeth vs. Metallica argument right now because I love them both (I just like Megadeth a little bit more).

Edited by Afro Ninja

Pain Killer and Panic Attack are not hard at all! I don't even get why their both in the Impossible category.

I can't help but agree, I still don't get why Painkiller is at the bottom of the list when so many songs are harder than Painkiller. Rude Mood, Devil's Island and more are above Painkiller on the difficulty list yet I'd say they are much harder.

And don't get me started on Constant Motion-it's probably got one of the hardest solos in any music game to date and it's pretty hard in general and it's freaking NIGHTMARE! It should be Impossible.

Listening to you people say Painkiller and Panic Attack aren't hard makes me realize that I'm no good at expert. :(

Don't get me wrong, Panic Attack and Painkiller are hard songs (I still remember the hand cramps from when I first tried them :p), it's just that Painkiller isn't so hard it deserves to be at the bottom of the difficulty list compared to the difficulty of songs like Devil Island.

There is no such thing as "Not good" or "I suck", but there is such thing as Beginner, Amateur, and Professional.

i'm a professional. like literally, some people say they're pro and all that, but are they sponsored from playing rock band/guitar hero? the majority of them, no way!

But back on topic, yea the Megadeth songs are a bitch on expert guitar. I would say that Warriors of Time is the hardest guitar song out there (so far...), simply because the last solo is literally as fast as One - Metallica. Here, check out the last solo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFJ6866VSg]YouTube- Warriors of Time Solo 3 FC[/ame]

But back on topic, yea the Megadeth songs are a bitch on expert guitar. I would say that Warriors of Time is the hardest guitar song out there (so far...), simply because the last solo is literally as fast as One - Metallica.

Jeeze, I have never seen that song before and it looks pretty tough. How much bonus points would you score for getting 100% on the solo?

But back on topic, yea the Megadeth songs are a bitch on expert guitar. I would say that Warriors of Time is the hardest guitar song out there (so far...), simply because the last solo is literally as fast as One - Metallica.

You ever heard of Surfing with the Alien or Satch Boogie? Go check those out on Youtube, Warriors of Time pales in comparison to Satch Boogie, Joe Satriani is the man when it comes to guitar.

@ Painkiller / Panic Attack comments

They're listed as impossible songs because that's where they ended up as part of the original disk's difficulty progression. If I remember correctly the last difficulty tier in RB1 included even easier tracks, like Train Kept A Rollin and Flirting With Disaster.

I just hate though how Painkiller (for guitar) is above Devil's Island (Megadeth), Black Magic (Slayer), and so many other songs when it's not even close to being as hard as them.

Same with Guitar Hero 5, Spirit of The Radio is no where near as hard as Done With Everything, Die For Nothing. I mean I can get 99% on Spirit of The Radio but only get 97% on Done With Everything, Die For Nothing and Scatterbrain (actually Scatterbrain isn't hard either).

I just hate though how Painkiller (for guitar) is above Devil's Island (Megadeth), Black Magic (Slayer), and so many other songs when it's not even close to being as hard as them.

Same with Guitar Hero 5, Spirit of The Radio is no where near as hard as Done With Everything, Die For Nothing. I mean I can get 99% on Spirit of The Radio but only get 97% on Done With Everything, Die For Nothing and Scatterbrain (actually Scatterbrain isn't hard either).

With GH5, it isn't really ordered in difficulty. Sure, the songs are ordered into their difficulty tiers, but they remain in alphabetical order. That's why Spirit of the radio is below Scatterbrain and Done With Everything, Die for Nothing.

Can you really, truly, call a song very easy until you've FC'ed it? No, in my opinion, you can't say "This song is soooo easy", when you haven't FC'ed it. But, eh.

Megadeth songs are pretty hard, sure, but there's much harder songs on Rock Band. Much harder.

Oh, and the way I see it;

Play Easy = Not good.

Play Medium = Not good.

Play Hard = Not awesome, best of the bad.

Play Expert badly = Good, but worse than Hard.

Play Expert well = Awesome.

Play Expert perfectly = Amazing!

Edited by Crimson Ridley

Can you really, truly, call a song very easy until you've FC'ed it? No, in my opinion, you can't say "This song is soooo easy", when you haven't FC'ed it. But, eh.

Megadeth songs are pretty hard, sure, but there's much harder songs on Rock Band. Much harder.

I can see where you're coming from, but I sometimes mess up on Nirvana's Drain You, yet I'd still consider that pretty easy. Anything can make you mess up-the guitar could overstrum (stupid world tour guitars:mad:), someone could block the screen and cause you to mess up and a number of other things. If that happened on a song like Hungry Like the Wolf or Pretend We're Dead would you say that they aren't very easy still?

Oh and what songs would you consider 'Harder' than Megadeth? Out of pure curiosity because I like a challenge :uzi:

I can see where you're coming from, but I sometimes mess up on Nirvana's Drain You, yet I'd still consider that pretty easy. Anything can make you mess up-the guitar could overstrum (stupid world tour guitars:mad:), someone could block the screen and cause you to mess up and a number of other things. If that happened on a song like Hungry Like the Wolf or Pretend We're Dead would you say that they aren't very easy still?

Oh and what songs would you consider 'Harder' than Megadeth? Out of pure curiosity because I like a challenge :uzi:

Oh no of course not, if you have the ability to FC that song, and FC it easily, you could call it easy. Same with a song that has a very low FC difficulty, that could be considered easy, even if you can't quite FC it. But a song like Painkiller can't really be called "easy" when it's a very difficult FC.

It's just how you look at the word "easy" I suppose. :p

Well, I'd consider Warrior's of Time harder than them. Aesthetics of Hate (Think it's called that) due to the strumming. Basically any song with mega long and fast strumming, as they're really hard to FC, including East Jesus Nowhere.

Yeah, they never seem to tier songs with fast strumming, but no difficult solos very high. It's the engine that causes the difficulty, not the song itself. Waking The Demon has fast strumming and a difficult solo, I can hit the strumming on a good day, but can't hit the solo, so I consider that a very hard song.

I'm not sure what I'd consider the hardest song. Due to the fact I'm not good at using the Rock Band engine, I'd say that, for me, Thrasher is the hardest song.