Mom calls 911 so son would stop playing Xbox360 (lol!)

Tailz

Mom calls 911 over son's video game habit

Reported by: Associated Press

Last Update: 5:38 am

http://www.wptv.com/media/lib/90/f/9/5/f956d8a0-6bf9-43a3-b9fd-38b621197626/Story.jpg Boston mom calls 911 over son's video game habit. (WPTV)

BOSTON (AP) -- Police say a frustrated Boston woman called 911 to say she couldn't get her 14-year-old son to stop playing video games and go to sleep.

Police spokesman Officer Joe Zanoli said Monday the mother called for help around 2:30 a.m. Saturday to say that the teenager also walked around the house and turned on all the lights.

Two officers who responded to the house persuaded the child to obey his mother.

Zanoli says the mother's 911 call over video game obsession "was a little unusual, but by no means is it surprising - especially in today's day and age when these kids play video games and computer games."

The Boston Herald first reported the 911 call, saying the boy was playing the popular "Grand Theft Auto" game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She called the police? What a shit excuse for a mother! Turn the Xbox off, give the kid a good beating and leave him in his room for the next few days. Make him think twice about it next time. A lot of parents shouldn't be parents, should still be in diapers if you ask me.

if i was a parent of a teenager in todays world and he/she had more than 20K gamerscore id be worried, that is a lot of gaming. there is members with over 100K gamerscore. that is too much time on an xbox playing video games, there is so much more to life than video games and its sad that parents not only support these habbits but that these kids are too ignorant to know any better than to spend their lives playing video games.

"Go to bed."

"No."

*SMACK!*

"GO TO BED!!!"

"Y-y-yes mom..."

"GO!!!"

Simple. No cops called, and no intervention if you use a sock full of sweet Valencia Oranges... (family guy reference)

Seriously, there's so many rules and laws out there regarding children. In my area it's illegal to give your kid a spanking now. A SPANKING! WHAT THE FUCK! You can't even lightly tap your kid upside the head in a "You dummy" move, it's considered child abuse.

And people wonder why kids are so fucked up and hard to control. What are the parents doing to stop all of this? Nothing! Why? The government will throw 'em in jail if they do!

Articles like this really do make me sick, and I'm kinda glad she did that. Nothing else she really could have done, but I guarantee you if she does it again they'll call her a bad mother, unable to control her kid, and take the kid away.

if i was a parent of a teenager in todays world and he/she had more than 20K gamerscore id be worried, that is a lot of gaming. there is members with over 100K gamerscore. that is too much time on an xbox playing video games, there is so much more to life than video games and its sad that parents not only support these habbits but that these kids are too ignorant to know any better than to spend their lives playing video games.

It's called sheer boredom and a hobby. It's so easy anymore to break 20k with all the easy games out there, especially with family video games having collectable achievements as the hardest ones. I've had my 360 for 3 years now, got it for Dead Rising. I'm an achievement whore, yes, I'm blown more money on this system then I want to admit to.

But, at the same time, it's worth it when my friends sign on and realize I got farther while they slept, and they need to work harder to close the gap on my score :D

Edited by ApochWeiss

Lol this website is mainly about achievements buddy, so of course your going to see people with 100,000GS. And I'm a teenager who lives with my parents :(

What a waste of police time.

They could've been out busting a drug dealer, stopping a rape and/or homicide, they could've been doing a thousand things more important than this.

That mother just needs to learn how to crack the whip down. Who cares if he was up playing Xbox late on a Saturday night? He would've eventually fallen asleep anyway.

And who especially gives a fuck if he got up and turned all the lights on? Woooooooow.

I think she should've been charged, personally, for such an ignorant call.

Wow that's hilarious. From the looks of this article, the police didn't seem to mind getting such a useless call, which is pretty unusual. They tend to chew out anyone who "wastes their time".

We're talking about the same police force that had to deal with this. <---Link

Anyone else remember the bomb scare of 2007? Those were some good times!