Quick and easy multiplayer achievements guide

iCEMAN_noob

I got almost all of the kill achievements in Infection (DarkOps), but you can get them in any multiplayer mode. These can be unlocked on Xbox Live or offline and both modes scores will be added together to give your total kills. To check your Xbox Live scores, click on your own Gamertag and select Pregame Stats. There's no way to check your kills offline, so if you don't have the achievement you want, keep playing.

I recommend having an elastic band or something to hold down one of the analogue sticks. This will keep your character moving and stop you going into spectator mode. You can't leave the game on to play itself without doing this. The only way to get out of spectator mode is press a button or move one of the analogue sticks.

Assuming that each round takes 1 minute, it should take about 16 hours to get the 1,000 games played in each mode. Be prepared for a long grind and try to space it out over a few weeks to keep the boredom to a minimum.

Be aware that there is no way to turn off the 10 second buy time in DarkOps mode. This alone will waste at least 2 hours and make all DarkOps games seem to take forever.

I hope this mini guide helps you all out and good luck getting the 720/1000 for the multiplayer :)

Achievements unlock at the end of the game.

1,000 Melee Kills

Map: Old Town or Urban

Level variant: Small for Old Town or Base 2+4 Open for Urban

Weapons: Viblades and Falcon ONLY

Bot Personality: Vanilla

Use the Viblade and it'll kill them in just one hit. Team kills count!

1,000 Headshot Kills

Map: Urban

Level variant: Base 2+4 Open

Weapons: Jackal and Falcon ONLY

Bot Personality: Prey

This is easily done in Infection (DarkOps) when you're the humans. Just crouch down and look down the long road on the left hand side of the map. You should be able to get 20-31 kills every round. Make sure to set the starting money to 15,000cr and don't forget, team kills count!

1,000 Sniper Kills

Weapons: Jackal and Falcon as the starting weapon

Exactly the same as the 1,000 Headshot Kills. I don't think headshots count towards your sniper kills so just aim for the chest. Team kills count!

1,000 Players Infected

Weapons: DEF-12 and Falcon as the starting weapon

The quickest way is to use the DEF-12 shotgun and you can take down people in two hits with armour or one without it. Team kills count!

1,000 Explosive Kills

Map: Facility (download Map Pack 2 which is free)

Weapons: Super Dragon, Frag Grenades and Falcon as the starting weapon

Use the alternate fire for the Super Dragon to fire grenades. If you run out, use Frag Grenades. Team kills count!

1,000 Rounds Survived & Played 1,000 DarkOps Games

Weapons: Jackal ONLY

Set a team of 6 Dark Agent bots on your team against 1 Agent bot. This shouldn't last more than about 30 seconds each time.

1,000 Kills in Killcount

Weapons: RCP-90 or Super Dragon and Falcon as the starting weapon

Play against 7 Agent bots and avoid headshots where possible since I don't think they count towards this achievement.

1,000 Kills in Team Killcount

Weapons: RCP-90 or Super Dragon and Falcon as the starting weapon

Play against 2 Agent bots and avoid headshots where possible since I don't think they count towards this achievement.

Played 1,000 Deathmatch Games

Map: Subway

Level variant: Small

The quickest way is to lose at Team Killcount, so go against 6 Dark Agent bots and have 9 Agent bots on your team. This shouldn't last more than about 30 seconds each time.

100,000 CR Property Destroyed

Map: Old Town

Weapons: Super Dragon and Frag Grenades ONLY

Use two controllers and do this in a local match. It should take 10 rounds since you can only get 10,000cr of damage each round.

100 Territories Held

Use two controllers and do this in a local match. Set the score limit to 100, capture the territory near the truck, come back in about 45 minutes and you'll have the achievement.

100 Flags Captured

Use two controllers and do this in a local match. Set the score limit to 20 and each time you go for the flag, make sure that you don't have a weapon equipped (press up on the d-pad). This will make you run faster and speed the process up. Repeat this 4 more times for 100 captures.

Edited by iCEMAN_noob

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Funny that I bought this game on launch day and I don't have a single achievement for it, guess the game was really bad ;x

I think i'm gonna go back and 1k it because the first 360 game I ever bought deserves to be maxed.

I was pretty much in exactly the same boat. I also bought this game on launch day and didn't get a single achievement for a couple years. Then one random day in 2008 one of my friends came over and wanted to play it because he's a huge Nintendo Rare fan. We played for a little bit on multiplayer where I quickly earned some of the 10 kill achievements but that's all I ever earned. Actually I'm pretty sure that's the last time I even had the game on. But for whatever reason I decided I should try to 1000 point it yesterday, so I started playing again and unlocked a few more achievements last night.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this guide... I've earned most of the multiplayer achievements already with similar strategies, looking though my incomplete games recently I'd like to tidy this one up a bit.

I do have a question though for the 1000 deathmatch/darkops games is the analog stick the only thing you have to rubber band? will it automatically start match after match for you without pushing A or anything?

the only ones I have left ar 1000 death match, 1000 dark ops, 1000 rounds survived, and 1000 players infected.

I'll probably start with players infected, then rubber band for darkops/rounds survived, then rubber band for death match...

I've still yet to earn so much as a single campaign achievement in this game, normally I love the story mode but I just find it infuriating how there aren't any checkpoints in this game

• 4 weeks later...

good guide used this to get most of them. like to note if your using a second controller to boost, u can have tht controller leave early to end the game, it will still give the credit aslong as the one you want the achievement with doesn't leave.

just doing 1k dark ops games which aint bad and 100 mins survived which ill do with a rubber band while raiding icc on warcraft.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there an auto count down that automatically starts games, or do I need to stay glued to the game and start each game. From my bit of playing so far, I have to start each game manually by pushing the start button. The game does not "play itself" in any way that I can figure out.

The above is a bit confusing on this point. I'm not seeing why the rubber band is needed.

Edited by Ralph The Rogue

"Played 1,000 Deathmatch Games

Map: Subway

The quickest way is to lose at Team Killcount, so go against 6 Dark Agent bots and have 9 Agent bots on your team. This shouldn't last more than about 30 seconds each time."

Played 1,000 Deathmatch Games

Map: Urban

Weapons: RCP-90 Only

Bot Difficulty: Dark Agent (Your Team), Agent (Enemy Team)

Spawn Type: Randomspawn (Advanced Options)

This game type works much better, takes a maximum of 10 seconds and can be as quick as 3 seconds to complete. Split team equally with 7 bots & you versus 8 bots.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I tried setting some bots to agent and some to dark agent (on my team) and gave them only swords but after a few hundred kills (100 per match) still no melee achievement. Am I doing something wrong? If your team gets a melee kill/headshot/etc does it really count like this guide says or no? Thanks.

• 1 year later...
I tried setting some bots to agent and some to dark agent (on my team) and gave them only swords but after a few hundred kills (100 per match) still no melee achievement. Am I doing something wrong? If your team gets a melee kill/headshot/etc does it really count like this guide says or no? Thanks.

I would say no, I did the melee kills by doing killcount with 16 bots, and ran around slashing them. I was able to get about 20-30 melee kills per 5 min round (I don't like to commit a lot of time since it only records kills at the end of the round).

Anyways, great thread OP, thanks for sharing.