Leveling *Glitch*

Demosthenes

In Ostargar, there is a mission called Tainted Blood that takes place right before you become a Grey Warden. Simply collect the three Vials of Darkspawn Blood but NOT the Grey Warden Treaties. Return to camp and talk to Duncan and report "We have the blood, but not the scrolls." This will exit out of the conversation, but WILL give you the experience for the mission. Rinse and repeat until you are at the desired level. It takes very little time to shoot up to lvl 25(cap) if you press X to skip the conversations and speed up the process.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Ostargar, there is a mission called Tainted Blood that takes place right before you become a Grey Warden. Simply collect the three Vials of Darkspawn Blood but NOT the Grey Warden Treaties. Return to camp and talk to Duncan and report "We have the blood, but not the scrolls." This will exit out of the conversation, but WILL give you the experience for the mission. Rinse and repeat until you are at the desired level. It takes very little time to shoot up to lvl 25(cap) if you press X to skip the conversations and speed up the process.

Though not a glitcher myself... Nice find

You're going to have to play the game quite a few times to get completionist and all the romances

I've gotten every romance except one and I had barely been into the first main storyline quest. I guess I'm a whore. The only reason I can't get them all is because Morrogan isn't into women.. what a tease.

I've gotten every romance except one and I had barely been into the first main storyline quest. I guess I'm a whore. The only reason I can't get them all is because Morrogan isn't into women.. what a tease.

Regardless, you certainly cannot get all of the endings in one playthrough.

Hmm, well I guess if your just playing the game for the points I guess that's a good find.

Kinda like deciding to have sex by yourself when you could be having sex with a partner, it's quicker(I'd hope for your lady friends sake) but not as much fun I'd think.

I'll stick to the normal way but thanks.

Well the plan is to just get all 3 level 20 achievements and then just play the game as intended. Some people might not want to get 3 different characters to level 20 so this is pretty neat and easy. It took me like 15 minutes to get to level 25.

I'd recommend doing this glitch now before it is fixed. The game pretty much ends like at level 18 for most people, according to the DAO forums, so getting to level 20 three separate times could be challenging for some. Remember the game is 80+ hours. That would mean that you will have to invest 240+ hours easily just to get these three achievements.

And with the plethora of games that are just about to be released, I don't have that type of time to invest in one game.

Regardless, you certainly cannot get all of the endings in one playthrough.

Actually you can get all of the endings in one playthrough because i did it. you have to make a few saves. one save before the part when you have to choose if your going to make logain a grey warden thus losing allistar in ur party, or keep allister and punish logain for his crimes. u need an ending with each choice making sure they are always in ur party. the next save u want to make is before you go to redcliffe in the final quest. morrigan will be in your bedroom and she will propose a way out. say yes to her and thats another ending.

Actually you can get all of the endings in one playthrough because i did it. you have to make a few saves. one save before the part when you have to choose if your going to make logain a grey warden thus losing allistar in ur party, or keep allister and punish logain for his crimes. u need an ending with each choice making sure they are always in ur party. the next save u want to make is before you go to redcliffe in the final quest. morrigan will be in your bedroom and she will propose a way out. say yes to her and thats another ending.

How many endings are there? It's disappointing that they can be altered so easily.

I wish I saw this earlier. I just finished my 1st playthru and just barely squeaked out my warrior's 20th level before the last boss fight. Using your tip starting the 2nd playthru and I have since maxed out my mage in half an hour. Worked like a charm. Great find and saved a ton of time. Should be added to the roadmap and guide if it is not there already. Thanks!

The exp glitch gets you about 750 exp each time.

Lv20 has achievements so assuming you do almost everything you can reach 20(though some have been as high as lv23), your going to need 61000 more exp to reach lv25. Going from lv4-14 is 57500 exp, so you would need 3500 more exp after reaching 14.

It may be easier to just go straight to lv16+7500 exp, that way if you played through and only got enough exp to reach 18 (without the glitch) you'll still reach 25 by the end.

The exp glitch has a few side effects, some good some bad.

*The dog stays at level 3, so if you planned to use the dog forget about it.

*All allies except for Alistair will auto-level(attributes,skills,and talents/spells). Auto-level is bad in this game.

*If you don't have specializations unlocked and you reach lv25 you can't learn any of the skills, so if it's your first time don't distribute points at past level 17(since you need 8 talent points).

*All enemies past the ritual will scale(within the limits for an area) to around your level. Though loot also scales, giving an advantage to your enemies at first. Until you start getting better equipment the enemies can be tough. On hard mode the bandits on the bridge are tough even with the dragon blood armor.

My numbers were slightly off yesterday.

These numbers are rounded up to starting at lv4 to make things easier.

*Extra Exp*---------*Level from 4*

22-25 (39000 exp) = Lv11+4000 exp

21-25 (51000 exp) = Lv13+1500 exp

20-25 (62500 exp) = Lv14+5000 exp

19-25 (73500 exp) = Lv15+7500 exp

18-25 (84000 exp) = Lv16+9000 exp

Shooting for exactly lv15 gives you a 3500exp cushion, in case you end up falling just short of the exp for 1-20.

I doubt they'll fix this exploit, based on the fact that a similar exploit was never fixed in mass effect.

If your a human noble,The dog will catch up to your level(will be whatever level you were back when he rejoins for the tower) if you remove him from your party. The dog doesn't auto-level, so his stats/talents can be set the way you want. All the exp he earned in the tower is wasted.