Achievement Guide

JSusie

First off, change the settings. They do not affect achievements unless directly stated in the achievement. Set the the rules to OFF. Set the difficulty to rookie. Set the quarter length to 12 minutes.Change auto substitutions to off. Slide all the foul frequencies to far left. Use right bumper to change to user/cpu settings (this took me a bit to find) and slide all the user ones to the far right, and the cpu ones to the far left.

Random Info. Once you get an achievement, it unlocks automatically. If you need 50 points with LeBron James, it unlocks right when you get it, not when the game is over. So there's no reason to not play 12 min quarters. Also you do not need to hit the point totals right on the button. If need 50 and you're at 48, you can hit a 3-pointer and still get the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/-czXzQ==.jpgDavid and Goliath - Defeat the Lakers with the Kings on Superstar difficulty in a solo game vs. the CPU

With all the sliders, this will be easy. Just make sure to change the difficulty to Superstar pregame, and change the quarter length to 2 minutes. I just fired 3-pointers from the top of the key with Kevin Martin and won easily.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/UPz9j8o=.jpgKing James Loves New Jersey - Score 50 points with LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers) against the New Jersey Nets in a single solo game.

Set up the sliders to favor you like I described at the top, the just bomb away 3-point shots until it unlocks. See "King James Loves New Jersey"

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/UP7chn8=.jpgRookie Record - Score over 58 points with a rookie in a single solo game. (I used Johnny Flynn, Minnesota Timberwolves)

See "King James Loves New Jersey"

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/UPlsXS8=.jpgTP 11/05/08 - Score 55 points in Minnesota With Tony Parker(San Antonio Spurs) in a single solo game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/-VUuAg==.jpg55 in NYC - Score 55 points in New York with Kobe Bryant(Los Angeles Lakers) against the Knicks in a single solo game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/-LXWkQ==.jpgKobe's 81 - Score 81 points with Kobe Bryant(Los Angeles Lakers) against the Raptors in a single solo game.

See "King James Loves New Jersey".

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/UPtNVJo=.jpgFlash 4/12/09 - Score 55 points against the Knicks with Dwyane Wade(Miami Heat) in a single solo game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/+PfF+w==.jpgStilt 100 - Score 100 points in a single solo game with a single player

See "King James Loves New Jersey". Easiest done while doing the "Kobe's 81" since you'll just be 19 points short after you're done with it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/+6-NEg==.jpgGame Over in A Flash - Hit a buzzer beater with Dwyane Wade(Miami Heat) in double overtime in a single solo game.

I wouldnt recommend doing this at the same time as "Flash 4/12/09". It will be tedious to try to keep the computer score close. Instead just set the quarter length to 2 minutes and keep score tied. Remember with shot clock off you never have to shoot if you dont want to. In the second overtime, once you have the ball with the score tied, hold it until time is just about to expire. Put up a shot with 1.5-2 sec remaining and hope it goes in. This one didnt unlock the second I hit it, it was during the game menus after the game it popped up.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/UPo0VcY=.jpgConnect With D-Wade - Hit six 3 pointers with Dwyane Wade(Miami Heat) in a single solo game.

You'll get this one while scoring 55 points against the Knicks for "Flash 4/12/09".

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/+G48NA==.jpgIce Water - Win a solo game in overtime vs. the CPU

You'll get this while doing "Game Over in a Flash".

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1124/UP52Rqw=.jpg1992 Game 1 - Hit six 3 pointers with a single player in a single solo game.

You'll get this one while scoring 55 points against the Knicks for "Flash 4/12/09".

Freestyle Pass - Get an assist using a freestyle pass in a single solo game.

Hold LT and press the RS towards a player to do a freestyle pass to them. Score quickly after that pass, without passing again and the achievement will unlock.

Highlight Maker - Create a highlight using the NBA LIVE Highlight Reel feature and upload it to EASW.

At any point during the game, pause and go to instant replay. Follow the tutorial there and this will unlock.

Champion - Win the championship in Dynasty Mode

Select a strong team, like the Los Angeles Lakers and sim to the end of the season. Save your game when the playoffs start and if you dont with the championship, reload it and try again. You dont have to play any games to unlock this you can sim them all.

Magical - Get your first triple-double in a single solo game.

You'll need to get to 10 in three of the following five stats. Steals, Points, Assists, Rebounds, and Blocked Shots. I did this one while working on "Broy 1/24/09". After I got to 10 steals, I shot the ball until I had 10 points. After that I just passed until I had 10 assists.

Double-Double - Get a double-double with a player in a single solo game.

It's the same as triple-double except you only need it in two categories instead of three. Will unlock during "Magical".

Sprite's Dynamic 10 - Get 10 solo dunks in a single solo game.

To dunk, hold RT while near the basket and press X with the ball. Make sure whoever you're trying it with can jump high enough to dunk. Does not need to be all with the same player.

Come Fly with Me - Get a solo dunk for the first time in a single solo game.

Will unlock during "Sprite's Dynamic 10"

From Downtown Rookie - Score a 3 point shot for the first time in a single solo game.

With sliders set properly like described at the top, you will be hitting these left and right.

D12 11/12/08 - Get 10 blocks in Oklahoma City with Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic) in a single solo game.

Press Y while on defense to jump and attempt to block a shot. With all the rules turned off, just keep Dwight Howard selected and chase around the ball carrier and attempt to block any shot they take.

adidas Triple Block - Get 3 blocks with Dwight Howard(Orlando Magic) in a single solo game.

Will unlock during "D12 11/12/08"

Broy 1/24/09 - Get 10 steals against the Wizards with Brandon Roy (Portland Trailblazers) in a single solo game

With all the rules turned off, chase whoever has the ball and mash X to attempt to steal with Brandon Roy. Also try to trap them with another defender as this leads to alot of steals as well.

Luck of the Irish - Win a single game wearing any St. Patrick's Day jersey in a single solo game.

Select a team that has a St. Patty's day jersey and win a game. I used the Knicks and set the quarter length to 2 minutes. Make sure to select the St. Patty's day uniform

And 1 - Make the front end of an And 1 in a solo game.

You'll want to go into gameplay settings, and then slide all foul frequency sliders to the far right. Just choose someone big and fast (like LeBron James) and just charge into the lane trying for a dunk every time you have the ball. Eventually you'll get fouled and still make one.

Camby 12/17/08 - Get 27 rebounds in Chicago with Marcus Camby(Los Angeles Clippers) in a single solo game.

With all rules off and sliders set, just park Camby under the rim and attempt to jump with Y and rebound any missed shot. Once you get a rebound, just throw up a full court shot so the other team can get the ball back. Keep repeating until it unlocks. Alternately if you're familiar with the game settings, just turn out of bounds on, and once you secure a rebound, just run out of bounds to give the ball back.

Sharezees - Share a locker file

This one is tucked away pretty deep into a bunch of menus. From the main menu select "XBOX LIVE" then "MY NBA LIVE 10 ONLINE" and then "VIEW PLAYER HUB". Once at the Player Hub, hold LT and bring up the "EA LOCKER". Then hold RT and select any of the choices that you've made a save to (Rosters, Settings, or Created Player). I chose settings since I figured that would be smallest file size. Then hit RB to upload, and select yes a couple of times. It should then unlock.

Check It Out - Download another user's locker file

I havent found this either.

Timmy D - Score 5 shots off the backboard with a single player in a single solo game.

I cant figure this one out either. All I know is layups off the backboard DO NOT count.

ONLINE I'm assuming these can all be pretty easily boosted.

adidas LIVE Run Victory - Play and win an adidas LIVE Run match

I havent tried this yet, as I was scared to go online before the game was released in US.

adidas LIVE Run MVP - Be the points leader in an adidas LIVE Run match.

I havent tried this yet, as I was scared to go online before the game was released in US.

The Grinder - Play 15 ranked matches online.

Online Win Streak - Win 3 ranked Matches in a row.

Edited by JSusie
Updated with Sharezees

I would add to your king james description that it is best to go ahead and set the quarter lengths to 12 minutes because the achievements unlock in game so you can just quit the game when the achievement you were going for unlocks.

King James Loves New Jersey - Score 50 points with LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers) against the New Jersey Nets in a single solo game.

Set up the sliders to favor you like I described at the top, you can also set the quarter length to twelve minutes to make sure you have enough time to reach your goal because the achievements will unlock within a couple seconds of scoring 50 points. With your sliders turned up you should be able to just bomb three pointers.

"Check It Out" Achievement (10):

XBOX LIVE>LOBBY>

From there, pick a lobby with biggest amount of players. Chances are, it will be the GAME MODES>VERSUS lobby.

Select Any Name>View EA Locker>

From there, press RT to see if they have any files uploaded(Rosters, Settings or Crated Player.)

If they do not, move on to another Screen Name.

It took me about 15 times to find somebody that actually had a file uploaded.

NOTE: You CANNOT select yourself and download your own file under your own name...I tried it, trust me! Also, to simply put, if they do not have Sharezees achievement, they will not have a file in their locker.

Edited by MightyD88

"Check It Out" Achievement (10):

XBOX LIVE>LOBBY>

From there, pick a lobby with biggest amount of players. Chances are, it will be the GAME MODES>VERSUS lobby.

Select Any Name>View EA Locker>

From there, press RT to see if they have any files uploaded(Rosters, Settings or Crated Player.)

If they do not, move on to another Screen Name.

It took me about 15 times to find somebody that actually had a file uploaded.

NOTE: You CANNOT select yourself and download your own file under your own name...I tried it, trust me! Also, to simply put, if they do not have Sharezees achievement, they will not have a file in their locker.

Hey dude. Can you help me out with this one? I cant seem to message you so I am here hoping that you see this one day..message me on xbox live (WOLFMAN954) if you can help me..i've been in the Versus lobby for like 30 minutes and cant find anyone with a file uploaded except for me..oh yea and sorry for triple-posting people my apologies

i have saved rosters, created player, settings, the works... this stupid check it out achievement will not pop though. i havent even been given the option to upload. i was able to get the download achieve and the highlight achieve though. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? also, i borrowed the game from a friend and do not have the 365 code or dynamic dna whatever the heck it is this year... would that have an affect on the achieve?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1124/+6-NEg==.jpgGame Over in A Flash - Hit a buzzer beater with Dwyane Wade(Miami Heat) in double overtime in a single solo game.

this achievement can be unlocked in triple overtime because i missed the shot in double overtime and made it at triple over time and still got the achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

Magical - Get your first triple-double in a single solo game.

You'll need to get to 10 in three of the following five stats. Steals, Points, Assists, Rebounds, and Blocked Shots. I did this one while working on "Broy 1/24/09". After I got to 10 steals, I shot the ball until I had 10 points. After that I just passed until I had 10 assists.

Let it be known this achievement only unlocks if you get these stats with ONE player not the whole team.

D12 11/12/08 - Get 10 blocks in Oklahoma City with Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic) in a single solo game.

Press Y while on defense to jump and attempt to block a shot. With all the rules turned off, just keep Dwight Howard selected and chase around the ball carrier and attempt to block any shot they take.

Let this be know that for this achievement to unlock, you MUST be playing as the Orlando Magics (Away) against the Oklahoma City Thunder (Home).

Edited by Tru_Warrior

Great guide, very helpful.

A small note about the game over in a flash achievement (Hit a buzzer beater with dwayne wade in second overtime) : I missed the buzzer beater at the end of the second overtime, then missed in the third overtime, then just decided to make a regular shot (not a buzzer beater) in the fourth overtime, and at the end of the game I unlocke the achievement. So if you miss your buzzer beater, just try finishing it in the next overtime and hopefully it will unlock for you.

Hey dude. Can you help me out with this one? I cant seem to message you so I am here hoping that you see this one day..message me on xbox live (WOLFMAN954) if you can help me..i've been in the Versus lobby for like 30 minutes and cant find anyone with a file uploaded except for me..oh yea and sorry for triple-posting people my apologies

if anyone still needs this You can get it from the leaderboards I found a guy with a file in less than a minute.

To be quite honest, I found it easier to have all rules turned off, and keep Dwight Howard under the hoop rather then round around the ball carrier. And block any shots coming in, even 3 pointers and jump shots as with goal tending off, they count as a block. If you're still having trouble then change Howards stats to your favour and you should be fine. Got this within 1 quarter without the stats and this is my first nba game since 06.

Greate guide though :)

EDIT: Corrected spelling mistake :p