Veteran Gear Achievement Guide

i4mn1nja

Ok, here’s the fastest way to get the Veteran Gear achievement without hacking or glitching in any way.

First off, you’re going to need to get six people together, and four of them are going to need to have second accounts with Gold attached to them. Everyone will need to have all of the DLC. After you’ve got this, you should have a total of ten accounts ready to go. Make two separate parties and set them on Public Guardian/Submission on Map Packs. One party leader should have a guest with him (so he can’t get host) and the other party leader needs to be by himself (so he can get host). Make sure the person who will be getting host is not host-banned and has a stable connection! Also, it is best to have both party leaders living as close to each other as possible. This creates a better chance of getting paired up.

After all of this is good to go, make a countdown and have both parties start matchmaking at the same time. Right when you connect to a match, tell the other party, because if it’s not them, they’re going to want to cancel so they don’t get into a pointless match. If you connect to each other, vote Guardian and you’re ready to go! If not, you’ll need to quit out of the match by pulling the Ethernet cord out of the back of your Xbox (so you don’t lose experience) – wait till you can actually move in-game before you quit! Before you quit though, if the party that connected to the match is the party leader who’s going to be host in the boosting match (the party leader who’s by himself), have him check to see if he’s host or not (6 in the map vote or double flashing zeros in the countdown after you pick your weapon will tell you that you’re host). If he picked up host, you’re going to need to finish the match so he does not become host-banned. After you quit out or finish the match if necessary, just set up the lobby again and repeat the process until you get paired up with each other. It usually doesn’t take more than five times. If it doesn’t seem to be working, you can always try preferring everyone on the other team and/or switching up the party leaders.

Once paired up, one person on each team will have to sit idle for a predetermined amount of time. How long the match lasts is up to you. Three-hour sessions seem to work the best though. Two hours of killing and one hour where you go idle, for everyone. After you’ve worked out who will be idling first, second, et cetera, it’s time to make sure the leaders are right. The leader cannot be someone who’s idling or a fake account, they must be people who are actually playing. If need be, finish the first round by killing the incorrect leaders with the people you’d like to be leader. Once you’ve got the right leaders, there should be two people playing and three people standing still on each team. Now all you have to do is put each one of the actual players at each spawn and bounce the idle players back and forth between the two. Only use the shotgun or the hammer of dawn to kill them, all other weapons will waste time.

For every minute you actually play, you net around 1,000 points. This means that in a normal three-hour session, you should end up with 120,000 points. If you want the boost to go even faster though, you can always convince one of your friends to go idle the whole match on your team. By doing this you’ll never need to go idle, meaning 20,000 more points per hour, or 180,000 at points at the end of three hours. On top of that, you can always do the international or turbo boost. The turbo boost means that each time the opposing teams spawns, you down one of them and wait for him to be revived by his active teammate. Right when he starts to get up, you kill him. Do this with whoever else is in your spawn as well. Continue this for the duration of the match and if you’re quick about it, you should end up with a large amount more than you would’ve without doing it.

Just another general tip, if you leave your Xbox on after double experience ends, as long as you’re host, you will still get double xp until you turn it off or are disconnected from Live. Use this to your advantage with the boost, as it will cut your time in half.

This method was developed by Marx0r x360a and Lonsta daMonsta and has been known about for quite a while; I just figured that I’d make it common knowledge now. =]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to get in a boosting party like this as I am three ranks away from fifty.

You still have a looooooonng way to go.

For anyone planning on boosting Gears, two extra tips.

Like every other game mode with respawning, Guardian spawns everyone every 15 seconds. To prevent rampant spawn killing though, for five seconds after everyone spawns, they are immune to damage. So that leaves you with 10 seconds before the next wave of spawns. The thing is though, anyone killed two seconds or less before the spawn wave will not spawn. So that means you have around 7 seconds to kill three people, if you don't, you will start to lose out on points. Not just you, but this can also affect the other person on your team boosting as well, as he will have only one or two people to kill instead of the usual three. Doing this every so often, but it can get annoying if it happens consistently.

Also, make sure whoever you ever plan on hosting, make sure (s)he extensively tests the connection. A sudden lag spike can cost the host of all of the points they've collected. If for whatever reason, the connection steadily becomes more and more laggy, finish the match as soon as possible. Sudden lag can be a sign that the connection may drop, so it's better to take whatever points you were able to get rather than lose it all because you didn't hit your goal.

I think this should be pinned, ASAP!

NO it shouldnt, get this stupid shit locked up ASAP.

These guys r dumb and they have no clue what the fuck there talkin about !!!

Keep playing those normal games cause this gets u BANNED, it got me BANNED !!

This is way to similar to what someone else asked.

He got a short answe of "Yes it would but would be almost impossible to meet up against your boosting party"..Or something along those lines,and the thread was closed.

And i agree,i think it was Pants who said it.

Its a good idea,but almost impossible to do.

Wanna get 100 legit and fast. Msg me. We can negotiate something.

Taken from your bio. What's this about then?

Yes you can get a public match going against your friends if you start the search at the same time. It may take a few tries but it usually always works.

FYC Punker, you don't have to believe us. But it does work, just try it out for yourself.

Mikey, This is a legit way to boost xp. Your right, they did set it up to where you can't choose who you want to play with. But they certainly didn't do a good job at it, doing it the way in the guide is the way to beat the system.

If anyone needs some references on some dedicated boosters, send me a message and I can refer you to some of the boosters we have left who are still going for their wings.

Why are you even lying Xterma? You've been boosting with us and you have not been banned. Stop making up random shit to scare people away.

For the record, I was among the first few who got All Fronts when it was leaked, and we boosted like no tomorrow until it officially was released. I wasn't banned then, and I haven't been banned now.

This isn't a legit way of boosting xp.

They made it so you can't play whoever you like for a reason.

Please, tell me how this isn't legit.

You are just killing people, which if that isn't legit, then the entire Gears 2 community is screwed.

All this boosting method does, is kill people over and over again at spawn. Just because you are killing people at a faster rate doesn't mean we're hacking, we are still going through all the kills anyone playing the game normally would.

Edited by Asian47

This does work. I got the All Fronts map pack early too(7/17/09). I went from a 52 to a 90 in the 11 days prior to it being released on 7/28/09.

I got the rest after 7/28 playing horde and boosting this way.

If you have any questions feel free to msg me. My GT is FearOfTomorrow.

Send a text msg 1st. I don't accept random chat or party invites.

This is way to similar to what someone else asked.

He got a short answe of "Yes it would but would be almost impossible to meet up against your boosting party"..Or something along those lines,and the thread was closed.

And i agree,i think it was Pants who said it.

Its a good idea,but almost impossible to do.

The difference is 1. we are not asking if this would work 2. we are telling you it works.

We started boosting on 7/14, before that was even posted and deleted. Plus his way wasn't what we were doing. Our way is better.

10 of my friends have boosted and got their wings this way, so don't tell me it doesn't work!! There are friends of my friends who have got their wings this way, so don't tell me it doesn't work!! There are people still boosting this way and earning their wings, so don't tell me it doesn't work!!

Why do you need 2 accounts and I take it this requires 2 xboxes?

Why not just do it with 10 of you?

Think about what you just said for a second.

We boost in shifts, so that everyone has a fair chance. Say we do a 3 hour game, between 6 people, everyone will be able to boost kills for two hours. Once you start bringing in more people than that though, you would either have to increase the match time in general, or shorten everyone's shifts. When you start doing that, someone is going to get screwed over.

If we have ten people in a match that want to boost, we can only have 4 people at a time boosting. Instead of forcing more people to wait, we just bring in second accounts and play split-screen so that we don't have to worry about more people. Also, it would just be a pain in the ass to find another nine people to boost with instead of another five.

Also, you don't need someone with two 360's for this, where did you get that? No, we just have two full parties search at the same time and hope we get matched together.

Edited by Asian47