|09-20-2009, 11:44 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Your top 5 XBLA games
If you could only recommend your top five favorite XBLA games, what would they be? Feel free to explain your choices if you so desire!
Here are my five, not necessarily in any specific order:
1. Castlevania: SOTN (One of the all time great hack n' slash side-scrollers. Its right up there alongside Super Metroid as one of my favorite classics).
2. Streets of Rage 2 (Widely agreed to one of the best beat-em' ups of all time. Has lots of replay value and delivers an awesome co-op experience).
3. Shadow Complex (This is what you get when retro meets modern. Side scroller in a 3-D environment with a classic feel. The controls are comfortable, frame rate is solid, leveling system, and optional collectibles such as suit pieces, gold bars, etc..are a nice addition).
4. Marble Blast Ultra (I was always a huge marble madness fan back in the day, and this is indeed marble madness on crack. Its probably what Milton Bradley would have dreamed of creating during the 1980's. I have never had as much fun/insane frustration with a DLC game as in trying to master all the par times in MBU. My roommate and I spent countless hours with this bad boy, would be a shame to pass up for the meager price tag of 400 points).
5. Castle Crashers (Though it is rather short in length, big ups to the crew at Monolith for creating an awesome co-op hack n' slash. With all the collectible animals, weapons, leveling system, and characters, this game has a lot to offer the player. I would love to see some add-on content in the near future).
Honorable Mention: Bionic Commando Re-armed (Had it not been for Shadow Complex, this game would be in the top five. However, as much as I love playing this new version, I still think Shadow Complex offers the player with a more wl-rounded, unique experience. Or maybe its just because I have a special place in my heart for the original BC).
Last edited by stealth1984; 09-20-2009 at 12:10 PM.
|09-20-2009, 06:06 PM||#6|
1) Battlefield 1943 - Like COD without the f*cking hacks.
2) Dash of Destruction - Who cares if the gameplay's not all that great...BIONIC DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!
3) Braid - Everyone knows why. It's THAT good.
4) TMNT: Turtles in Time - Because it makes me feel like I'm eight again.
5) 3 on 3 NHL Arcade - Closest thing to NBA Jam hockey will ever get.
Your is possessive. In other words, you own something.
Ex: Your new baby alien loves to cuddle, but he keeps crapping in your refrigerator at night.
This is referring to your alien and your refrigerator.
You're is a contraction of "you are."
Ex: You're definitely cleaning out the fridge in the morning, assuming that little bastard can't keep his bowels in check.
This translates to "You are definitely cleaning..."
|09-24-2009, 03:31 PM||#12|
1. Duke Nukem 3D - I loved this on 64, but the port to XBLA was awesome, got achievements for one of the best shooters around in the older days
2. Doom - Another shooter thats one of the finest for me.
3. Banjo Tooie - having not played this on 64, I was eager to see what this was like compared to the first game, I prefer this to Kazooie.
4. Dash of Destruction - I quite liked this for a short game achievements were easy as though.
5. Sonic 3 - Loved this on Sega, achievements were easy but cant complain.
|09-24-2009, 05:49 PM||#13|
|09-24-2009, 07:04 PM||#14|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England, Norfolk
Dont remember many but from what i remember.. in no order at all.
1. Castle crashers
4. Trials HD
5. Shadow complex
Isnt there a top5 lists part to post these tho? Sorry if its already been said, not read through the thread yet.