Score Attack Easy Method for Beating Ultimate Ragna

Ramiel

Ok, I thought i would write this guide because I found an easy way to finish unlimited Ragna, so first pick Iron Tager (if you need to do some training to get the handle of him)

Now most of this can be done by just using the right analog stick, yes just the right analog.

Work your way to Ragna. Some of the guys will be a pain, but stick with it

90% of the time when the round starts he will rush at you, so hit the right analog RIGHT AWAY. This will grab him and throw him in the air and should take off about 1/8 of life.

Right away start going backwards when ever he comes at you with hell's fang (the one that rushes you with the black behind him you will block) He will also follow tha up with the dead spike move (the one that looks like a shark or what ever coming up) Resist the urge to run and grab him he is to far. Just keep blocking.

He also likes to jump a lot. If his jump lands right in front of you, again, hit up on the right analog. After the throw lands keep backing up.

Ok, so your in the corner now. Crouch block to avoid his low attack that can knock down. You can still hold back and do your grab move, so don't worry about being in the corner.

Now you maybe saying to yourself "Ramiel, what do you do when he pulls off his heat moves? One you can't even block."

Good question if it is "Carnage Scissors" use you barrier to block it and follow up with another grab. If he ever gets on the other side of you just start walking to the other corner. Now for his claw move - right away start hitting up on the right analog as soon as you see his hand reach back. You can grab him out of it.

AVOID!!!!!! and i can't stress this enough, the urge to run out when he is almost dead and try to slap him upside his stupid face. Be patient and it will come - trust me. I tried for about 7 hours with Jin then tried Tager and got him the third time with almost two perfects.

Ok, I thought i would write this guide because I found an easy way to finish unlimited Ragna, so first pick Iron Tager (if you need to do some training to get the handle of him)

Now most of this can be done by just using the right analog stick, yes just the right analog.

Work your way to Ragna. Some of the guys will be a pain, but stick with it

90% of the time when the round starts he will rush at you, so hit the right analog RIGHT AWAY. This will grab him and throw him in the air and should take off about 1/8 of life.

Right away start going backwards when ever he comes at you with hell's fang (the one that rushes you with the black behind him you will block) He will also follow tha up with the dead spike move (the one that looks like a shark or what ever coming up) Resist the urge to run and grab him he is to far. Just keep blocking.

He also likes to jump a lot. If his jump lands right in front of you, again, hit up on the right analog. After the throw lands keep backing up.

Ok, so your in the corner now. Crouch block to avoid his low attack that can knock down. You can still hold back and do your grab move, so don't worry about being in the corner.

Now you maybe saying to yourself "Ramiel, what do you do when he pulls off his heat moves? One you can't even block."

Good question if it is "Carnage Scissors" use you barrier to block it and follow up with another grab. If he ever gets on the other side of you just start walking to the other corner. Now for his claw move - right away start hitting up on the right analog as soon as you see his hand reach back. You can grab him out of it.

AVOID!!!!!! and i can't stress this enough, the urge to run out when he is almost dead and try to slap him upside his stupid face. Be patient and it will come - trust me. I tried for about 7 hours with Jin then tried Tager and got him the third time with almost two perfects.

This is all great but could you please post this in the score attack thread where all the other strategys are but again thanks for the help =)

This is all great but could you please post this in the score attack thread where all the other strategys are but again thanks for the help =)

That thread is 4 pages of off topic clutter, with the exception of maybe a good handful of posts (including the original) IMO. When I was looking up tips on this subject, I looked for something just straight to the point, which is how to beat Ragna.

Great tips man! Followed the guide after about 6 hours of total time trying - found this thread - and it worked on my 4th or 5th try. Achievement unlocked!!!!!! Stellar contribution!

FX.

Edited by Filter x360a

That thread is 4 pages of off topic clutter, with the exception of maybe a good handful of posts (including the original) IMO. When I was looking up tips on this subject, I looked for something just straight to the point, which is how to beat Ragna.

Great tips man! Followed the guide after about 6 hours of total time trying - found this thread - and it worked on my 4th or 5th try. Achievement unlocked!!!!!! Stellar contribution!

FX.

while i may be partially responsible for that we still need to keep all relevant posts in that thread or else everything's just gonna get buried

• 4 months later...

Yeah spamming 360s will work on any AI-controlled character, but if you get some enemy spamming projectiles you could use sledgehammer (also mapped to the right stick for ease of use) to go right through them, or with the right timing, 2D to close distance.

Granted but same could be said for spamming jin's icening
If you check the topic I posted about Score Attack, I was complaining about just that.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No you don't have to be good with Tager he is one of my worst but tried it and had no problems, tried so long with the others, then just tried him and laughed when I grabbed him out of his super attacks

• 4 weeks later...

I found out this exact same method too. I usually play Noel on stick but decided to play Tager on pad because of how easy his grabs are with the right analogue stick. I just used sp2 which stuns them into sp1 over and over and my health got low I'd just block and spam sp1 whilst I was blocking and it would almost always get them. obviously if your health is low you can also use his distortian drives too.

I had to press start on a second pad because I tried to play defensivly against racheal and got stuck in the corner. I then played offensively and just spammed her with sp2 then sp1 and perfected her twice in a row. The same thing can happen against V-13 aswell. Just play real offensive against her.

I almost lost to Taokaka too because she never stays still and is hard to hit but got a 720 grab on her and killed her.

I killed unlimeted ragna 2-0 first try without having to press start once. I did basically what you did. I would just use sp2 if he was mid range into sp1 or block if he was attacking and spam sp1 whilst I was in his block string. If he got 50% super I would always just block because he will use it instantly whenever he can and then I'd just counter with a grab.

Using this method made it one of the easiest achievements in the game. Litrally took me about 15 minutes to do.

• 1 month later...

How the hell is this supposed to work? It reads like all you have to do is crouch-block the whole time and spamm S1 during his attacks - obviously it's more difficult.

I spent 6+ hours using this method because I was shocked, that I wasn't able to pull it off, after the description sounded that simple. But in the end fightning him legit seemed even easier (if that's a term you can use for this bast....) for me, so there has to be something I'm doing wrong, especially since there are people who are far worse in the game than I am, who actually beat him that way (or with the Jin-abuse, I didn't try yet).

And yeah, I was actually very close to defeating him in one of my first trys with this method, but after that he just raped me for hours, only letting me near victory on rare occasions. So, I could stand here as well, swaggering how easy it is. Unfortunately I don't. And after fighting him 100+ times with Tager there is no learning curve for me, it just switches between close fights and rapes.

For instance, his aerial attack almost always kicks my ass when it hits me, because he enters a unstoppable combo or special afterwards. And blocking this slash becomes more and more difficult with insane reactions to his attacking-carnage that I just cannot keep up for the whole fight, especially when he goes all out later on.

Also, spamming S1 while blocking ?! It never grabs him, never! This is my main problem here.

The only time this actually works is when he drops down in front of me - something that happens very rarely. He just bashes onto my block at an insane speed, until he breaks the block with an aerial slash und kills me off with his special. If I try, no, if I just think about grabbing him with the right Stick after an attack he instantly breaks my defense because of his bullshit speed -> death sentence. And yes, I'm still holding the blocking position while doing so. Thus, my damage output is too low and sooner or later one of his drives hits me.

Most of the time I'm just blocking my ass off and changing stances until I'm in the corner, hoping that he starts his special without breaking my block beforehand, so that I can grab him after his special. And these specials are the only way - besides him randomly jumping in front of me - I'm able to grab him. Obviously that's not enough to defeat him, because at some point it just won't work anymore. I always get a big HP-advantage onto him, but he just forces me into defense until I'm done for, because I'm unable to break his bullshit attacking-chain in any way.

So what is the time frame for "spamming S1" and grabbing him out of his attacks ? Spamming definately doesn't work, if there's something I'm good at, it'd be spamming buttons, so I should know that. A more in depth description or even a video would propably help a lot, for other people as well. Maybe I'm just not used enough to Tagers movement/speed (even after fighting with him 6 hours straight).

The only Tager-vid I found is this one [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9raPZee_dhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9raPZee[/ame] and it just makes me feel ashamed, that someone fighting like this actually defeats him. Obviously he's not using this tac, so it doesn't really help me.

Edited by Schreckofant

Use the Jin method, I'm usually a Rachel, Noel or Ragna user but, using Jin to clear this mode is pretty easy. Just beat all the characters the normal way and be sure to have a second controller on, just in case you're about to loose the match, press the star button to save your game.

Once you get to Ragna start by geting distance and start to throw him ice swords missiles, that while make him stay away from you. Once you build your special attack bar, throw him the blade Attack, and again return to the missile ice sword throw. I know the method is pretty lame, but it's really necesary for such a bad ass, hell difficultty boss. ;) is either you beat him this way, or in a simple combo, you loss 80% of your health, and if you damage him, with his special attack he'll drain your health, and recover to 100%.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...