Roleplaying games

mctennisd

I enjoy roleplaying games and I have been avoiding them to get over 100k. Now that I am there, what order, do you feel they are in terms of achievement difficulty. For example, enchanted arms and phantasy star universe are terrible, but they are pretty easy point wise. FF11 is an mmo, but is also hard with points. I work at 2 game stores in the us, so getting the game is not really a problem. Just looking for a list to run through in order.

For example, what I am wanting is something like:

1. enchanted arms

2. phantasy star

3. oblivion

4. fallout 3

I think you should play more for the game and not the achevements, but that's just me ...

Fallout 3 and Oblivion both have easy, straightforward lists. Oblivion you just have to play the main quest and go through all the different factions, and while Fallout 3 has some more out there achievements (ex, find all 20 bobbleheads, hard to find by yourself) with a guide they're made quite simple.

The other RPG I have is Tales of Vesperia which is 100+ hours to get the 1k, but it's a great game so I recommend it.

lol ur avoiding games for the hard achievements :)))...

If u want gamerscore go and play some easy kids games :uzi:

It goes faster than u think, in rpgs the full completition takes a while.

Looks like u want more achievements than good games.....that's wrong.......

1. Enchanted Arms

2. Oblivion

3. Fallout 3

4. Phantasy Star

5. Lost Odyssey

6. Blue Dragon

7. Mass Effect

8. Final Fantasy 11

Avoiding games due to hard achievements is just pathetic.

FYI check our stickied threads on Easy 1000s and Hard 1000s. Might find something more your speed there.

Edited by v_thorne

He's not avoiding them from what I read, just going for the easiest first. Makes sense to me as if you start with say, Star ocean or FFXI you won't get to play any of the other games for a long time. I know personally I will be playing Star Ocean at some point, but I've got other games I;d like to play first so need to "clear a window" so to speak to slot it in.

I'd opt for (having not played them all but know folks who have played some of them) the following:

Phantasy Star (original 1000, online 250 is MMO territory and 1 is unobtainable)

Fable 2

Enchanted Arms

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Too Human (Action RPG)

Two Worlds

Lost Odyssey

Last Remnant

Sacred 2

Infinite Undiscovery

Mass Effect

KUF Circle of Doom (Knock it down 3 spots if you have a high level friend helping you in co-op)

Blue Dragon

Star Ocean (500+ hours)

Final Fantasy 11 (1000s of hours)

If you want something a bit less subjective head over to true achievements and check the TA ratio for each game. Not entirely accurate as some have a lot of easy achievements but one or two really time consuming/hard ones but it should give you a decent general overview.

Edited by Asariel

Chill out guys and either help the guy out or don't. Whats with all the hating? There is another thread where 1 person said something about someone playing My Horse and Me or whatever it is and everybody jumping them for saying something about it "Every points Counts" (and it does BTW). Then over here somebody honestly asks for help and everybody just trashes the guy. You guys that are talking all the trash should just head over to the best completion rate thread and you can have a big fight with people that are looking for 1.

I'm sorry I rarely say anything when people act like this I just mind my own business but this is kinda childish.

Thank you aaron, but threads like this, genuinely looking for some insight from other members and getting flamed for it is why I only have 100 some posts and not more.

I have played the a lot of stuff on the easy 1k list as well as the hard 1k list. I stated I was looking for rpg's because I like them and hadnt played many to this point.

Again aaron, thank you for the help.

I think you should play Enchant Arms. It's easy on points takes about 20 hours you get to press A alot... and I think you will really like the side kick. he kind of reminds me of you...

Exhausted, I read that thread too about the GS vs completion percentage and I couldn't post on it cause I'd probably get banned for what i wanted to say.

Edited by stophj

i have yet to play enchanted arms but i have played the other 3 on you list...

Phantasy Star Universe was a boring game but looking at your gamerscore i would assume that you have probaly played many games that are worse and plus all you have to do to get the 1000 gs is just beat the game and the game itself is pretty simple. Oblivion and Fallout are a lot more fun but getting all the achievements make take a while. However the downside to these 2 games is that you can easily screw something up such as killing someone important so then you have to make a new game just to get a certain achievemnt, but if you pay attention and read some of the guides before you play then that should happen to you. Also, if you want the game to go by really fast you can just make the game difficulty at very easy and just fly through the game.

If all you want to do is run through the games for achievement points then here is an educated guess, in time spent from least to most, on the order of the RPGs that I have some knowledge of (either I have finished them, started them or own them with research done on how to best complete them for 100%):

Phantasy Star Universe

Enchanted Arms

Fable II

Mass Effect

Fallout 3

Blue Dragon

Lost Odyssey

Tales of Vesperia

I did not include Oblivion as you have already completed it.

Avoiding games due to hard achievements is just pathetic.

The OP said nothing of the sort, so perhaps your rush to judgment was due to a lack of understanding of the English language? Might re-read his post and see if an apology is in order.

McTennis,

In order of speed to get achievements, I would roughly rank them in this order. I also included my enjoyment level of each just for kicks. I only included ones I have personal experience with.

Fallout 3 PC (If you use the console command, 5 minutes tops...but zero enjoyment. If you play it, same as the 360 version below)

Enchanted Arms (80)

Phantasy Star Universe (10...vomitous game)

Two Worlds (40)

Mass Effect (90)

Fable 2 (90)

Too Human (Diablo-esque RPG, but worth playing...95)

Fallout 3 (100)

Blue Dragon (70)

Lost Odyssey (90)

Sacred 2 (80)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I think you should play more for the game and not the achevements, but that's just me ...

Fallout 3 and Oblivion both have easy, straightforward lists. Oblivion you just have to play the main quest and go through all the different factions, and while Fallout 3 has some more out there achievements (ex, find all 20 bobbleheads, hard to find by yourself) with a guide they're made quite simple.

The other RPG I have is Tales of Vesperia which is 100+ hours to get the 1k, but it's a great game so I recommend it.

The Last Remnant is a great game, but the achievements are hard to get, if not nigh impossible, in one playthrough. It has 2 200 point achieves in it but neither is attached to the storyline.