Score Attack Community Guide

http://i31.tinypic.com/6wy.png

Score Attack General Info

Score Attack is THE hardest mode in the game and will take you quite some time to complete. It is basically Arcade mode, except you fight all 12 characters in the game on a difficulty harder than Hell, 4 of which are "Unlimited" characters, and you are not allowed to continue if you lose. This guide is to provide you with tips on how to beat Score Attack with your character. Generally the easiest characters to complete it with is Jin, Nu or Tager.

Score Attack Exploits

Plug in a second controller before you start Score Attack, that way if you are about to lose a fight, you can press start on the second controller to bring up the dialogue "Here Comes a New Challenger!" At that point, simply choose a character for Player 2 and beat the living crap out of him, then you will be back in your fight on Score Attack but it will be from the beginning... Basically you end up getting a do-over.

Character Tips

Ragna

None at the moment.

Jin

SetsunaFSeiei:

SP1 = Hishouken

SP2 = Musou Senshouzan

SP3 = Touga Hyoujin

BB = Barrier Block

Starting Tactic

I would jump back and keep myself kneeled down holding BB, Ragna always seemed to hit me first, once Ragna finished his first attack i would go into a offensive attack, if the offensive doesnt work and he counters id find an opening to use my SP2

Offsensive Tactic

During my offensive state , his heat gauge is below 50%, if your able to chain the following

SP2 > Sekkajin (C repeatedly) until it hits an 8 hit combo > D (Basic Freezing Lion Claw thing)

If this works then Ragna should be frozen, then you can quickly run up to him and spam RB about 3 times, after 3 times it shouldnt freeze him anymore and he would probably have 50% heat gauge by then. If he were to counter grab you at any time, quickly retreat. If he has 50% heat , go in a defensive tactic

Defensive Tactic

Whenever Ragna has 50% Heat or more , i would back away and crounch holding BB until he finished uses his special , you should come out unharmed which leaves you to get back into offensive position.

Endokun

When you start the match, use Violent Ice (623 + C). This will effectly counter anything he does at the beginning of the match. If you can't do this, a simple 6 + C will work half the time, but the Violent Ice method works the best as it can counter any move coming from the top or bottom.

What you do is a Flying Ice Strike (214 + C OR Right on the analog stick). 100% of the time (from what I seen), he will tech out (that little flash that moves him back to neutral pose). Right as he lands, grab him. Make sure you're moving forward while trying to grab him as there's a small gap you gotta cover. Then when you grab him, he will be frozen. Don't do anything yet. As he lands on the ground (while still frozen), do another flying ice strike. Just keep looping this over and over again. Most of the time, he won't break your throw.

Summarized:

Flying Ice Strike

Grab

Flying Ice Strike

Grab

etc.

Balmung92

Start off with 5B as it beats almost all his starting moves except hell spike. Secondly you should try and get your heat up to 25 after that im just try and spam this next part for the whole battle

Jumping drive iceblade Throw>weak iceboard>5B>2B>Medium iceboard

Other than that its all about improv just dont rush in and take your time.

Frunkis:

On Ragna with Jin jump back and throw a sword at the start, then just walk straight backwards throwing swords at him. Eventually he'll rush you or get you with a bs instant air dash so hit down-up-up to super jump and then ice car to the other side and spam swords some more. If he catches you in the corner just spam the C button until he jumps and ice car to the other side. When he does that purple uppercut move hit him with SP3 when he's coming down to take a good chunk of his hp off. That's how i did it after about 4 tries.

DHsBnDtNvrWs

Immediately do a back jump while holding BB, back up some more for safe distance. Then, use SP2, and once you land on your feet, see if you're close enough for a throw. If you're not close enough to throw him, jump back and hit SP2 again. If you are close enough to throw him, do so and immediately hit SP2 afterwards. The SP2, Throw loop will eventually get him, but since you won't always be close enough for a throw, jumping back could give you some safe distance while he recovers. Jumping SP2 is also a great way to get away, 80% of the time you hit him with it, you'll be at a distance to execute a throw. You can keep him frozen indefinitely this way as every throw after an SP2 will freeze your opponent. If he blocks SP2, start mashing heavy attack for that Sekkajin (C repeatedly) move. Chances are good that he will also block that and counter immediately. If not, then as soon as the last hit of your move sends him flying, jump away and SP2 as soon as he lands. Barrier Block and jumping are your friends. Jumping made me avoid his claw and at times his scissors special. Barrier Block puts some distance between you and him and of course negates or minimizes any chip damage. If you feel the need to throw an SP1 in the mix to put more distance between you and Ragna, feel free to do so. It helps, and if it hits him it only adds to your success. If it means anything, I noticed that Rachel, Hakumen and Nu were a bit more difficult on my successful run. I beat Ragna after 4 (or was it 5?) tries. Got to him at 9:00, finished at 9:18.

I'd also like to add that if you start the fight with a back jumping D, there's a good chance you'll end up freezing him.

OmegaFlip

the most effective strategy i used was 623+C and C repeatedly (to counter ragna when he's near you), 214+C, throw and C repeatedly (if ragna is far away and has an opening). . when ragna has 50% heat and more likely run after you you quickly 623+C and C repeatedly

Noel

None at the moment.

Rachel

None at the moment.

Taokaka

None at the moment.

Carl

None at the moment.

Edited by Dintrao

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Litchi

None at the moment.

Arakune

None at the moment.

Tager

None at the moment.

Bang

None at the moment.

Nu (V-13)

NeoRizer:

When he got in close I would hold down-forward and press B (Strong) because she does an 8 hit combo with this one move and he usually never blocks it. You can even start the match off like this if you hold down-forward and mash the B (Strong) button.

After that attack I follow up with forward B (Strong) for another 8 hits then use the ground blade and double swords to keep the distance between us...rinse and repeat.

If he does that charging move use a ground blade to counter it. If he gets in close and the entire screen turns blue he's going to one of his two specials. You can counter them by pressing SP3 button right away and it ALWAYS nullifies his attack, which means no special moves for him.

Nu > Jin for this...trust me she's hella cheap and her defensive moves are what you need..just hang back and spam stuff.

There's only a couple characters that your forced to fight close.

Here's the general stratey for those characers and which characters pose issues for her ranged attacks:

Bang, Carl-Clover, Arakune and Taokaka because they're all WAY too fast for her ranged moves.

Just spam her down-forward B to hit them then press forward B to land some more hits. After that they usually jump at you so jump and press B to do that spinning attack in the air, it hits for like 8 as well. Just continue to do that and stay in close.

Bang will sometimes go long range and that's when you should spam your ground blade attack, he usually can't recover from it.

If Carl-Clover hides behind Nirvana start spamming the ground blade and you'll most likely decomission Nirvana and own him in the process.

Taokaka is a bit of a pain because she likes to keep her distance then rush you after you try to spam so try not to fall for this attack. You need to stay mid-range from her so that your Strong attacks will land and you can also maybe get a blade off here and there.

Arakune is kind of a bunch of luck. Just don't spam ranged attacks, use Nu's Strong attack on the ground then standing up and press forward and do it. Arakune likes to spend a lot of time in the air so just be on the defense and try to jump and counter him. He stays really close so it's not too hard to counter him.

Unlimited Rachel is fairly simple, just spam her ground blade and stay WAY back while holding back on the controller so her lighting blobs don't knock you down and leave you open.

Everyone else you can pretty much just spam her ground blade then her swords and repeat that over and over. Tager is the easiest example for this...he won't even touch you if your timing is good enough. This strategy also works on Unlimited Ragna as well, just get the timing down and you'll beat him no problem.

xShadowFox300x: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU7RD0yzWR4]YouTube - Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Welcome to the Azure Nightmare Trophy & Leonidas Trophy[/ame]

Hakumen

None at the moment.

Credits

This guide is a work in progress and designated solely for the use of Xbox360Achievements.org. This guide is made by and for the members of the Xbox360Achievements.org BlazBlue forum.

Please post all tips and comments you have towards Score Attack and they will be added :)

Edited by Dintrao

First! I'll just copy past what I said in the "War Thread". :3

I found waiting for Ragna to be mid-combo and then striking with either his Ice Surfboard or his "Back Off!" C spam to be most effective, depending on how far from him you are. Ragna doesn't block very much.

Also, a second controller to save your ass comes in handy~

Edited by ~F0RcEx

What do you guys intend to do when (not if) that other guy decides to drop by in this thread and point out that there's already a guide?

Point out that there can be more than one guide, if anyone sees a flaw in one guide for too long then they can take it upon themselves to open a new one and correct the mistakes of the original

Point out that there can be more than one guide, if anyone sees a flaw in one guide for too long then they can take it upon themselves to open a new one and correct the mistakes of the original

Also its the peoples choice to decide which guide they wanna use.

Also its the peoples choice to decide which guide they wanna use.

Exactly , i remember there was like 4 guides for Fallout 3 , i was like "asdfghjkl" which one to use , i ended up using YOUNGKORN's [a user name like that] cause it was straight to the point and supplied maps to where each next objective is

Exactly , i remember there was like 4 guides for Fallout 3 , i was like "asdfghjkl" which one to use , i ended up using YOUNGKORN's [a user name like that] cause it was straight to the point and supplied maps to where each next objective is

Darks insulting us in spanish lmfao

Can we keep the spam in this one to a minimum? ^^;

agreed , so dark666 has nothing to say about this one

So before Dintrao comes back id like to add my strategy against Unlimited Ragna. Its probably the same as most, but in my words

TACTIC

• SP1 = Hishouken
  • SP2 = Musou Senshouzan
  • SP3 = Touga Hyoujin
  • BB = Barrier Block

I used Jin Kisaragi of course.

Starting Tactic

I would jump back and keep myself kneeled down holding BB, Ragna always seemed to hit me first, once Ragna finished his first attack i would go into a offensive attack, if the offensive doesnt work and he counters id find an opening to use my SP2

Offsensive Tactic

During my offensive state , his heat gauge is below 50%, if your able to chain the following

SP2 > Sekkajin (C repeatedly) until it hits an 8 hit combo > D (Basic Freezing Lion Claw thing)

If this works then Ragna should be frozen, then you can quickly run up to him and spam RB about 3 times, after 3 times it shouldnt freeze him anymore and he would probably have 50% heat gauge by then. If he were to counter grab you at any time, quickly retreat. If he has 50% heat , go in a defensive tactic

Defensive Tactic

Whenever Ragna has 50% Heat or more , i would back away and crounch holding BB until he finished uses his special , you should come out unharmed which leaves you to get back into offensive position

Thats all there was too it really , just hope you get lucky and he doesnt COMPLETELY annilate you

I already translated dark's comback so Setsuna is right, it's of no relevance. Setsuna, how is the banner coming?

It should be already sent to you in a message. Check by the navigation where it says Welcome, Dintrao

agreed , so dark666 has nothing to say about this one

So before Dintrao comes back id like to add my strategy against Unlimited Ragna. Its probably the same as most, but in my words

TACTIC

• SP1 = Hishouken
  • SP2 = Musou Senshouzan
  • SP3 = Touga Hyoujin
  • BB = Barrier Block

I used Jin Kisaragi of course.

Starting Tactic

Offsensive Tactic

Defensive Tactic

Whenever Ragna has 50% Heat or more , i would back away and crounch holding BB until he finished uses his special , you should come out unharmed which leaves you to get back into offensive position

Thats all there was too it really , just hope you get lucky and he doesnt COMPLETELY annilate you

It should be already sent to you in a message. Check by the navigation where it says Welcome, Dintrao

I saw it, and Dark is deleting his thread I guess lol

Dintrao you should probably post what you have now , it just looks empty

Reminders about score attack like

• If you have a second controller, have it turned on before starting score attack , if you feel as if your going to lose press start to save yourself
  • Jin is the easiest person to spam with to finish Score Attack, however if you have tips to use anyone else dont hestiate to post it
  • You must fight all 12 characters in score attack , 4 of those character; Rachel, Haku-men, v13 and Ragna, in their unlimited form
  • You must win 2 rounds and the difficulty is always at a certain level (unfornately a very high level) that you cant change in the options

And other nice stuff like that

Dintrao you should probably post what you have now , it just looks empty

Reminders about score attack like

• If you have a second controller, have it turned on before starting score attack , if you feel as if your going to lose press start to save yourself
  • Jin is the easiest person to spam with to finish Score Attack, however if you have tips to use anyone else dont hestiate to post it
  • You must fight all 12 characters in score attack , 4 of those character; Rachel, Haku-men, v13 and Ragna, in their unlimited form
  • You must win 2 rounds and the difficulty is always at a certain level (unfornately a very high level) that you cant change in the options

And other nice stuff like that

Also make sure to include the grab trick with jin

Also make sure to include the grab trick with jin

The first part would be for just Score Attack in general , then a section like

Jin Kisaragi

[insert Tactics below]

Then if anyone post anything on different characters , then them , though Jin is known to be the easier, some people might feel more comfortable or just find it easier with a different character

and thats where everyones ideas come in

I cant link this thread to the guide until the have something to read off of it

The first part would be for just Score Attack in general , then a section like

Jin Kisaragi

[insert Tactics below]

Then if anyone post anything on different characters , then them , though Jin is known to be the easier, some people might feel more comfortable or just find it easier with a different character

and thats where everyones ideas come in

I cant link this thread to the guide until the have something to read off of it

Setsuna pretty much described it all, and I'll be working on it tonight! :woop: