Crystal Locations Guide

Writing this as an accompaniment to my achievement guide.This will help you to get all crystals in the game.Make sure you buy the crystals from the store as well as these count towards your final total.

Sid's early start

1 - Automatically collected after learning double jump. Can't be missed.

2 - Straight after defeating the molehogs, after going through the cave. Picked up automatically, can't be missed.

3 - Automatically collected after defeating the birds on the ground, throw a snowball to knock the crystal out of the tree.

Baby Proofing

1 - To the right of the store statue. Floating above the toadstool

2 - Go to the back of the playground area near the swings and see-saw. Jump on the toadstools and go as high as you can, just behind the tree the swing is hanging from. Crystal floating in mid air - jump and grab it.

3 - During the section throwing mud at the Rhinos, in plain view on the massive tree stump in the centre of the area.

Pursuit

1 - On the left just after crossing the second patch of water,shortly after being told how to powerslide.

2 - On the right straight after the second patch of ground ice.Be sure you don't catch the gazelle early else you won't be able to get this crystal as the level ends as soon as you catch him.

3 - Not too long after the second crystal,you will see the final one in the middle of a short patch of water.Right in the middle of the screen so hard to miss.

Lonesome Sloth

1 - After walking through the first tunnel,turn right and follow the ledge up.

2 - After passing the swinging spiders there is a tunnel to the left, just accross from a stream. Go into tunnel, in plain view.

3 - After bouncing up the first set of toadstools you reach the room with spiders and molehogs.Work your way up the platforms and accross the toadstools until you reach a campfire. Behind the campfire there is a cave entrance covered by spider webs. Burn the webs and follow the tunnel through. Keep following to the left and you'll enter a corridor with lots and lots of spiders. Keep walking down there and you'll see the crystal at the back of the room.

Egbert, Shelly and Yoko

1 - After jumping over the first tree, as you make your way towards the screen, it's on the left of the screen on some thin ice.

2 - After dropping down the hole on egg roll 2, jump over the tree and go up the slope at the side.

3 - After crossing the stone bridge on egg roll 3, turn left and follow the path accross. Grab the crystal and quickly roll back before the patform collapses.

Run sid, run!

1 - As soon as you've been told how to dodge, it's right in the middle of the path.

2 - Immediately after Sid says "faster than a speeding rhino", in the middle of the path.

3 - Very soon after that, Sid will say "no wonder they're extinct", in the middle of the path.

Nuts about Scratte

1 - When prompted on how to do the slam attack, slam the switch and the crystal appears on a ledge on the opposite side.

2 - After passing two spiders, jump accross the ledge. Jump again onto a toadstool and onto the next ledge. Jump again onto the next toadstool, then the next, then use that toadstool to bounce up to the high platform at the left. The jump left twice more to pick up the crystal.

3 - Shortly after that, keep going right and you'll come to another slam switch. Do the same as the first one on this level.

Edited by ponypo2001

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buck to the rescue

1 - Shortly after the level starts, you'll jump accross three platforms. The crystal is to the right on the third platform.

2 - During the vine sliding section, after sliding off the first dinosaur, jump left, left, right, stay on the right vine until you pick the crystal up.

3 - After swinging accross the two bars, and fighting past the plants, it's tucked behind a large rock formation.

Flower power

1 - Just after jumping off the hanging rock, make your way up and kill the first plant you see. Jump up the ledges to the left until you get the crystal.

2 - After climbing to the top of the big tree, as you exit the tree, turn left and jump over to the leaf, then quickly jump back as the leaf collapses.

3 - When you come to the vine sliding section, in plain view on the vine.

Root of All Evil

1 - As soon as level starts,walk round to the left and its in plain view

2 - When you are told to shoot the petals,the crystal will appear in plain view if you walk round the plant

3 - Once u are told to use the goop,it appears same as number 2

Scrats Jungle Jive

1 - Not far into the level,look for turquoise leaves.Climb these to a ledge on the right.Ledge has a strawberry underneath

2 - After being told how to ceiling hang,jump on top of the conker and its in plain view on an upper ledge.

3 - At the top of the first gust of air

Expect the Unexpected

1 - After killing the hive,its lying at the foot of the central rock in the open.

2 - Ride the pachysaur after the tricerotops boss fight and smash the wall.

3 - You will come to a section after covering the poison plants with honey with a wall run and jump onto some monkey bars.Turn around on the bars and swing to the platform.The crystal is down the steps.

Noisy Nightlife

1 - Keep shooting the ankylosaurus and when his health runs out he drops the crystal

2 - Keep shooting iguanodon till he drops it

3 - Finally, keep shooting the kentrosaur for the final one

Flight of the Pterodactyl

1 - On the 2nd flame geyser.easy to spot

2 - On the 2nd geyser after the first

3 - Straight after crystal 2 on another geyser

Edited by ponypo2001

Saving Sid

1 - Just after Buck says "these plants are dangerous" towards the start,its in clear view by a spitting plant

2 - After shooitng the 2nd lot of yellow flowers after breaking the hive.In the middle of the area

3 - Almost immediately after smashing the next lot of flowers in the middle again

Rudy's Revenge

1 - Straight atfer Sid says "what big teeth you have" in the centre of the path

2 - When you hear Sid say "the floor is missing", stay central as the next is in the middle shortly after

3 - Once again in the centre shortly after sid says "i could do with some snow right now"

Scrats Tar Pit

1 - When you come to wall jump tree with the hornet in it.Slam the rock switch just to the right of the tree and then jump up the tree and shoot out of the flower cannon to grab it.Be quick cos it resets

2 - When you arrive at the gusts of air,ride them up and then to the right on the platform.

3 - After crossing the celing walk with the 2 hornets,smack the floor switch then go back to collect the crystal

Grave Danger

1 - After crossing the first tar pit and doing the wall jumps/swings,you have a choice of going left or right.Go left and follow the platforms down to reach it.

2 - On the 3rd tar pit after tricerotops fight,after you water the 4 leaves to get across the high platforms,you should see it below you.Take a big jump down to it from the last leaf.

3 -When you get to the boulder rolling part,keep going forwards against the wind and instead of dropping down the hole to finish the level,roll forwards to collect the last crystal here.

Skeleton Bridge

1 - After pulling down the first stlagtite and doing the following set of jumps to get to the second section, look behind you and swing over to it at the point you would replenish your ammo.

2 - After the second stlagtite, again follow the series of jumps and it's behind you as the first one.

3 - When you slide down the dino spine after the third stlagtite it's in plain view. Jump to grab it.

Edited by ponypo2001

For some reason I can't find the second jewel in Flower power. Is it the tree with the bees in it? I looked to the left and right and I can't find the jewel.

To my recollection,there is only one tree in that level that you do anything with and it is indeed the one with the beehive.Look to the left as you exit.

To my recollection,there is only one tree in that level that you do anything with and it is indeed the one with the beehive.Look to the left as you exit.

Yeah the second tree when you leave you have to slide. I always end up missing something at the end of the game keeping me from 100%. Great guide for the crystals and achievements though.

Please please could somebody help me find the amber crystal on the Lonesome Sloth level, i looked and looked where it says it should be for hours and cannot find it anywhere. Also how come when you scroll through the levels after finishing the game, why when you count up the crystals there aren't 16? becuase ive found all the red, blue and purple ones but there are only about 14 when you count them from each level? do you get crystals from doing the challenges? I know ive only missed an amber one but have no achivements for collecting all if the other colours. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Also how come when you scroll through the levels after finishing the game, why when you count up the crystals there aren't 16? becuase ive found all the red, blue and purple ones but there are only about 14 when you count them from each level? do you get crystals from doing the challenges? I know ive only missed an amber one but have no achivements for collecting all if the other colours. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

I'm guessing you haven't bought the crystals from the store. That should solve that problem.

As for the one in the Lonesome Sloth level, which number crystal is the amber one?

Little help please, on the challenge The pursuit (Diego's challenge), I'm missing the first crystal. Guide says on left shortly after learning powerslide. Have replayed several times to no avail, anyone else have this problem/ideas?

Edited by Wolfgar61
Clarity & spelling