Most difficult game ever on hard?

DUBBLEUP

I must be missing something, but I cant even get passed 3 splicers trying to fight me at once on the very first level of action. I have two splicers shooting at me from different angels while one is chasing after me with a wrench and it only takes 4-5 hits until you're dead. I try to back away from the wrench carrying splicer and strike after he swings, but then he does that move where he leaps at you from 20 feet away! It doesn't help that the first aid kits are very limited at start. I cant possibly see how i would be able to beat any later levels. I'm also saving after every fight and if i keep that up, then this game will take ages. I beat games all the time on the hardest difficulty, but this is just nuts!

search around for weapons and stay back, hack everything you find. if you wanted it the quick way, (i dont recommend it) do the maintenance thing on your hardrive, and remove the patches, go to fontaine and switch it to hard and you'll get it.

You don't even need to perform maintenance, then you get brass balls if you haven't used a vita chamber. ¬.¬.

Anyway on topic. Just really hammer that save button, everytime you see any enemy, save. Just after a fight, save. Hell if you're doing alright in the middle of a fight, save. I would recommend leaving Big Daddies alone for a while, until you get some better guns then going after them. What i did was use my electric plasmid to stun them, shoot some anti-personel machine gun bullets into them and shock them again.

As long as you remember to save loads you should be fine.

Good luck! :)

I can't believe that you guys think this game is THAT hard. Of course it's somewhat hard...but it doesn't rank in the top 5 most difficult games on 360...prolly not even the top 10.

CoD 3 - Veteran

CoD 2 - Veteran

Cod:MW - Veteran

Gears 2 - Insane

Gears 1 - Insane

Dead Space - Impossible(without the cheat)

...there's a few that easily rank above BioShock on Hard mode...

it's not that hard

you can pick and choose your fights on this one though so if you want you can always run away and come back when you are a bit more powerful, and you can save when you choose rather than having to hit checkpoints

i'm not sure if COD veteran is harder though i reckon there about the same. nowhere near as hard as left 4 dead though

BioShock is as hard as those really hard shits that you try and do and it feels like its cutting away at your anus. It's so fucking hard, you scream but it doesnt get any easier, it keeps forcing its way out your shit hole until you find yourself done, and you think to yourself. Now that shits out of the way, I'm off to play something good. That's right, no wiping, you want to leave some memory of that mammoth shit that is BioShock around your anus, just so later on you can find skid marks on your underwear and think, hmmm, BioShock.

I would not say this is the most difficult game on Hard, but I almost did quit after the First Big Daddy. I got 1100 on one playthrough and never had to return to an area. You have to strategize your battles and save often. There are some areas you can hide in to kill Big Daddies and they cannot damage you. Like the Stripper stage in Fort Frolic. I was able to lure every big daddy into there and they cannot damage you when you are on stage. Also, you do need to save often like one of the poster said. Even during battles. Most of the COD's game on Veteran are much tougher...I have not done COD III yet and Mile High Club is the bane of my existence. However, doing EXPERT on L4D legit is by far the toughest to complete, even with 3 other decent players.

I must be missing something, but I cant even get passed 3 splicers trying to fight me at once on the very first level of action. I have two splicers shooting at me from different angels while one is chasing after me with a wrench and it only takes 4-5 hits until you're dead. I try to back away from the wrench carrying splicer and strike after he swings, but then he does that move where he leaps at you from 20 feet away! It doesn't help that the first aid kits are very limited at start. I cant possibly see how i would be able to beat any later levels. I'm also saving after every fight and if i keep that up, then this game will take ages. I beat games all the time on the hardest difficulty, but this is just nuts!

Yeah I remember it seeming really hard at the start, but it gets a lot easier.

"That's what she said" anyone?

lol honestly i just ran through everything ;)
heh same here, though i found the first 3 big daddy's a challange, untill i found this.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

the winterblast plasmid freezes the bigdaddy long enough for you to reload you'r shotgun (Electro Buck). btw i used this method untill i got the trapbolts because thats much easier to take them down imo.

Edited by boun7y

Really this game is not that hard.. I just finished this game in one play through, on hard with vita chambers disabled. I did not buy any health upgrades or eve, just max out your tonics. I did not use anything but the wrench. Sports boost is super important and so are things like armored shell. I used the electro shock plasmid religiously and hacked everything I saw.. Defeat big daddies with security bulls eye and never take damage, or use six trap bolts an stand back. The last boss is easy just use the chemical thrower with electric gel or napalm. Oh and SAVE all the time..

Call of Duty Veteran is much harder.

Edited by Corron

I found it hard at first. But once you get the camera and start snapping pictures, they start to fall easier.

I use the Security Bullseye Method for Big Daddies, just set off an alarm and make them target it instead. It doesn't even attack you at all, and it conserves ammo for other encounters.

The wrench is the key weapon of the game once you've filled some research bars up. Electro-bolt+wrench hit is often a 1-2 hit kill against the normal splicers and it conserves ammo for your other weapons as well.

It is pretty hard at the start, but just remember to be cautious and save often and you will be fine. It got alot easier for me once I was about mid-way through Arcadia. Just make sure you take alot of pictures for the damage bonuses, that is the crutial part.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't believe that you guys think this game is THAT hard. Of course it's somewhat hard...but it doesn't rank in the top 5 most difficult games on 360...prolly not even the top 10.

CoD 3 - Veteran

CoD 2 - Veteran

Cod:MW - Veteran

Gears 2 - Insane

Gears 1 - Insane

Dead Space - Impossible(without the cheat)

...there's a few that easily rank above BioShock on Hard mode...

Gears 2 isn't even that hard.... and what about CoD WaW ?