I got Every Termial and NO ACHIEVEMENT WTF???

Harvey Dent1121

• 1 month later...

this SAME exact fuckign thing happened to me. i was using like 3 different guides to make sure i hti every one. if this achievement is glitched then im pissed cuz ive never had an achievement glitch on me before and this is the only one i need so my gamerscore isnt fucking ending with 4s and 9s

• 2 weeks later...

A key thing for this achievement which most people do not pick up on (it should be added to the guide!) is that you must exit to main menu for terminal progress to be saved. I only read this on a guide when I was on level 4, and so when I went back after getting all the terminals, the achievement unlocked on level 4.

"Progress towards your terminal achievement is

written to your profile, not in the same way as when you save your

game. So after each time you play Marathon, exit to the main menu

before you exit to the dashboard or power off your 360, as this is when

the terminal data is saved. Again, even if you just saved your game,

exit to the main menu before doing anything else so that you don't lose

data on which terminals you've already found and have to repeat them."

And use the maps here, they are very useful!

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry for your frustration. Two issues come to mind which I've not seen specifically addressed:

1. Some terminals have both Unfinished and Finished messages. Do you need to activate both messages?

2. Some terminal messages appear in multiple terminal locations. Do you need to activate all such terminals or just read the message once?

It's been a long time since I got 819, but I remember trying to read both Unfinished and Finished messages and read each terminal location. The list and maps at

http://www.fantasiadomain.com/marathon/marathon.html

were very helpful. They at least show every message and almost every location. Two omissions I notice:

1. Charon Doesn't Make Change: No location for Terminal 2 shown, but it must be with some of the other history terminals 1-9.

2. Requiem for a Cyborg: At the northern location for Terminal 1, there are actually 3 terminals, all with that message.

Regarding Finished terminals, there is at least one that is impossible to read, Terminal 1 in What About Bob?, because it is deep under lava after you finish. Up until around that level on my first run, I had not read that you must go back to the main menu to save 819 progress and had sometimes just shut off the console. I distinctly remember getting 819 when reading that terminal on a second run through. Perhaps it was just coincidence that that was the last terminal I needed. On the other hand, since I had never read the Finished version of the terminal, perhaps the 819 progress counter thought I needed to read it again.

So my suggestion would be to make sure you have read all finished terminals. Interestingly, this guy also got the achievement on Bob's Big Date.

http://www.****************.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53113

He also only lists 9 terminals on Charon. Maybe the map referenced above is correct and Terminal 2 was never implemented.

Good luck!

Edit: Apparently the last link is not allowed due to being on a rival site. Not trying to advertise or divert traffic. Just trying to help!

Edited by MathGuy42

Thank you for the link. While going through with the ign guide, I read terminals when I saw them, so I'm fairly sure I read the unfinished ones and the finished ones, and I know I got 2 of the secret ones. The one where you destroy some wiring and the floor descends, then you destroy wiring on either side of a block then activate the block and there's a terminal, and the one under the lava where there's an invincibility power up. I'm positive I went back to the main menu, I did my most recent run through all in one go, saving at the points and exiting to the menu every now and then, then booting the game back up, no luck.

I so desperately want to fix my gamerscore, and this acheivement is all that stands in my way. I'm so tired of having my GS end with 4s and 9s. Many times I've almost borrowed Forza 2 from a friend so I could just get one of the one point acheivements, but then I realize if I do that, and then one day go finish marathon, or the cheevo pops up randomly while playing it, I'll be screwed again

My god, does this terminal (first one) count for the achievement? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN15phax99w]YouTube - All Roads lead to Sol[/ame]

My closest save point is Curiouser and Curiouser. If this counts I'll try it.

Edited by EternalDamntion

Yes, you must do the Bungie credit room. At least that is what I've read and I certainly went there.

The second secret term you describe is on Where the Twist Flops. I'm not sure about the first one you describe. Did you get the hidden term on My Own Private Thermopylae?

Also, I misread the post on the other site. That guy got 819 on Bob's Big Date, while I got it on What About Bob?

If you have a second controller and don't mind having your screen split, you could pretend to co-op and start on The Big House. But you wouldn't be able to save your game. On Kindergarten it should take less than 2 hours.

I'll probably try in a few hours

Marathon is a great game, I don't regret downloading it or playing it at all, this one achievement is the only thing that's changing my opinion of the game because it's so frustrating and I've tried so many times to get it. I will scour that level though, and i'll post here when I read all the terminals in it. I'm thinking maybe I missed a random secret terminal, so if that doesn't work i'll probably look for a list of all secret terminals

• 3 years later...