DDR Universe 3 Achievement Guide

So I just picked this game up a few days ago, and was unable to find a guide for it ANYWHERE so I decided to play it myself and write a guide for others to use to make their lives a bit easier.

Clearing Song Achievements:

These all work the same way, by passing a song with a grade higher than an E (AAA,AA,A,B,C,D) you will have cleared the song. You must play the song on Basic, Difficult, Expert, or Oni, Beginner won't count. This only counts song you clear in Game Mode.

An easy way to see which songs you have cleared is just to go into Game Mode, and see if there is any letter grades next to any of the difficulties on a song. As long as it's higher than an E, that means you've cleared it.

1. Clear 1 Song- 5GS

2. Clear 10 Songs- 10 GS

3. Clear 20 Songs- 20 GS

4. Clear 30 Songs- 30 GS

5. Clear 50 Songs- 50 GS

6. Clear ALL Songs- 50 GS

Full Combo Achievements:

In order to Full Combo a song, you will have to hit every arrow in a song. This means you can only get Marvelous, Perfect, or Great on every arrow. Goods or lower will break your combo. It must be the full song so I recommend doing this in Game Mode.

7. First full combo on Beginner- 5 GS - Just hit every arrow on any Beginner song in Game Mode.

8. First full combo on Basic- 10 GS - Most songs on Light will still be easy to Full Combo but songs that will be the easiest are Return of the Machines, Time To Move, Kimochi, murmur twins. They are all 2 footers and have easy beats to follow.

9. First full combo on Difficult- 20 GS - Easier songs to Full Combo on Difficult are Return of the Machines, Dancin My Way, Senses. These are all 4 footers.

10. First full combo on Expert- 20 GS - This is where things will start to get harder but there are a lot of Expert songs that are easy than Difficult songs. I recommend using Return of The Machines, 30 Lives, Once Upon A Time. Once Upon a Time is the only song that is a 5 footer on Expert and will probably be your best bet.

11. First full combo on Oni- 50 GS - The easiest songs on Oni are 9 footers. This will take some skill to acquire. The easiest Oni song is probably Kind Lady. If that doesn't work, try one of the other 9's and if that still doesn't work, then practice till it does!

First Grade Achievements:

12. First Grade A- 10 GS - This can be done on any song, on any difficulty and will require a score between 900,000-949,999.

13. First Grade AA- 30 GS - This can be done on any song, any difficulty, and will require a score between 950,000-989,999. Try using easier songs if you are having trouble scoring high.

14. First Grade AAA- 50 GS - This can be done on any song, any difficulty, and will require a score between 990,000-1,000,000. This will usually require that you Full Combo the song and get a very small amount of Greats (under 5). Easier to do on Basic.

Unlocking Songs Achievements:

Best way to unlock these is by playing through the quest mode. Just about every street or club challenge will unlock a song. There are 48 challenges altogether plus the Universe Tower so you will unlock every song in the game by completing the Quest Mode.

Songs can also be unlocked by clearing "X" amount of songs through Game Mode, but completing Quest Mode will kill two birds with one stone.

15. Unlock the first song- 5 GS

16. Unlock 5 songs- 10 GS

17. Unlock 10 songs- 20 GS

18. Unlock 20 songs- 30 GS

19. Unlock 30 songs- 40 GS

20. Unlock all songs- 50 GS

HOW TO PLAY ACHIEVEMENT:

There is just one achievement for this. It will require you to go in to How to Play mode from the main menu and complete the 22 lessons on How to Play the game. Easy enough.

Finish HOW TO PLAY- 10 GS

Purchasing Item Achievements:

These will take a very LONG time to get! You are going to have to complete as many street challenges as you can, as many clubs as you can, and compete with every dancer who appears. You will then have to repeat that cycle over and over and over and over. These can be very tedious so be prepared to test your patience.

21.Purchase the first item- 5 GS

22. Purchase 10 Male Outfits- 10 GS

23. Purchase 50 Male Outfits- 10 GS

24. Purchase 100 Male Outfits- 20 GS

25. Purchase 200 Male Outfits- 30 GS

26. Purchase all Male Outfits- 50 GS

27. Purchase 10 Female Outfits- 10 GS

28. Purchase 50 Female Outfits- 10 GS

29. Purchase 100 Female Outfits- 20 GS

30. Purchase 200 Female Outfits- 30 GS

31. Purchase all Female Outfits- 50 GS

Street, Club, and Universe Tower Achievements:

These must all be done in Quest Mode.

32. Clear all Streets- 10 GS - There is a total of 16 Streets. Complete 1 challenge on each street for this achievement.

33. Clear all Street Challenges- 20 GS - There is a total of 16 Streets in Quest Mode with 3 challenges per street. You must complete each of these challenges on every street. This might take you some time since the loading times to retry are stupidly long and some of the challenges are really, really difficult.

34. Clear 10 Clubs- 10 - There are 32 clubs spread throughout Quest Mode. Each one has a specific challenge. By completing a challenge once, you complete the club.

35. Clear 20 Clubs- 20 GS - *see above*

*see above*

36. Clear 30 Clubs 30 GS - *see above*

37. Clear All Clubs- 40 GS - see above*

38. Complete All Club Challenges- 50 GS - After you complete each Club once, you must go back to each Club and complete a second Challenge at that club to completely beat it. This can be very difficult seeing how some of the challenges just seem impossible. Good luck with this one.

39. Clear Universe Tower- 50 GS - Complete a challenge on each street, and every club once, including executive clubs, and you will be able to take on the Universe Tower. The tower has 5 floors. Once you beat Simba on the top floor, you will have unlocked every song in the game and you will earn this achievement. Congratulations!

If you have ANY questions or comments about the guide, or about the game, please ask here! I will answer anything!

Edited by Tee!

I wish it was just getting FC's lol. The challenges have all sorts of handicaps on them. Others have near impossible goals.

One of them I am convinced is actually physically impossible where there is a 15 arrow stream of Left and Right 16th notes and you must get Goods on all of them. I'm pretty sure the way timing windows overlap with each other, there is no way you can possibly do that.

• 1 month later...

How should I format at it? This was my first guide on the site so I am unfamiliar with how the proper way to do so should be but it didn't seem like too many people were looking at it in the first place so I never bothered to touch it up.

Thanks for the props! I knew for a game like this (one I am very familiar with and most others won't be) that I would have to use a lot of details in explaining how certain goals could be achieved.

Maybe if this thread ever makes it to the 2nd page I will consider reformatting it because I don't want to spend all that time if people are not even going to look at it, but for the next DDR game (which has already been announced) I will be sure to get a guide out on the first week and format it to perfection ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with this game. There are 3 street chalnges I just can't do. So I'm screwed out of that achievement. It involves 8th notes, invisible notes ect. What is an 8th note? The manual explains nothing.

What do backup dancers do?

AND how do you unlock the tower? I was hoping doing all clubs would unlock the third tier but it didn't. I seriously hate Konami Hawaii for combining the challenge mode into the quest mode.

If by the manual, you are referring to my guide, then I apologize but it is not my duty to teach you how to read music. If you are referring to the instruction manual, then my apologies.

If you put the Noteskin on Note which I believe I mentioned somewhere in the guide, the blue arrows are 8ths.

In DDR there are 3 notes mainly that are used. 4ths, 8ths, and 16ths. A good practice in understanding 4ths and 8ths is to play a song on your ipod at around 140-150 BPM. When you clap out the beat to the song, as long as you are clapping consistently with the beat, you are clapping out 4th notes or quarter notes. If you were to clap, in time, and between those quarter note claps, you would be clapping out 8th notes. Try clapping out 4ths first, then add in the 8ths and hopefully you'll understand how it works.

Backup dancers make events quicker to win in some cases. Generally they are pretty useless though and I never went out of my way to get them.

In order to unlock the Tower you must complete one event on every single street on all tiers. If it still has not unlocked, then you missed a club.

Edited by Tee!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm glad to see my thread has received over 2500 views! Of course that pales in comparison to most other guides on this website but even if I only helped 1,000 people with my information, I'm still more than happy knowing I have been of assistance to that many people.

There is another DDR game coming out sometime soon for all 3 systems and I will be sure to write a full guide for it within the first week of its release, this time with proper formatting and maybe even a few personal videos.

• 7 months later...

Unlocking Songs Achievements:

Best way to unlock these is by playing through the quest mode. Just about every street or club challenge will unlock a song. There are 48 challenges altogether plus the Universe Tower so you will unlock every song in the game by completing the Quest Mode.

Songs can also be unlocked by clearing "X" amount of songs through Game Mode, but completing Quest Mode will kill two birds with one stone.

Do specific streets/challenges unlock certain songs?

Edit: Yeah, I'm not unlocking songs... what the heck is going on?

Edit again: YOU DON'T UNLOCK SONGS ON STREETS, JUST CLUBS...

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

Do specific streets/challenges unlock certain songs?

Edit: Yeah, I'm not unlocking songs... what the heck is going on?

Edit again: YOU DON'T UNLOCK SONGS ON STREETS, JUST CLUBS...

Are you positive? Some streets further in the Quest mode might unlock songs, otherwise I feel like I wouldn't have mentioned that or somebody else would've stated that I was incorrect by now. It's been awhile so I can't recollect how the unlock system worked.

Either way, you need to complete the Quest mode for an achievement so you'll unlock all the songs along the way regardless. No need to nitpick :p

As for song unlocks being specific to respective streets and/or clubs, I believe the answer is unlocks ARE specific to their location. I did not bother listing the songs that are unlocked because it was irrelevant to the unlocking of the achievement itself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
good guide.

game is absolutely horrible!!!

don't waste your money.

We got the pad and the game for $12 and we got ripped off.

One of the worst games.

Even on easy, it is impossible to keep up with combos and the CPU talks trash.

Terrible!

All of the announcers on DDR talk trash if you do bad or fail. However, there's a setting where the player can turn off the voice SFX. Doing so removes said "trash talk".

OP, great guide! As another poster said, you can only unlock songs in quest mode by completing the CLUBS, and even then, you must completely beat the other dancer. You cannot just clear the song. Earning backup dancers makes this task extremely easy.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...