All of my progression for achievements are gone

Gaterzfann11

So I got on Gears of War 2 a couple days ago...(not online, remember that). When I played a round of multiplayer with my friend, it said that my "Party Like It's 1999" achievement was 1 out of 1999, when it should be almost at 100...I also checked other achievements. My "Organ Grinder" was at zero, my collectibles achievements were at zero, and unless its just cuz 2000 kills doesn't show up on the "Seriously 2.0" bar, then thats at zero too. Also, all of my collectibles, characters, Insane difficulty, Horde progression, and everything else are gone. But I still have all of my achievements that should've been deleted with them.

Example: I have "Variety is the Spice of Death," but it said I was 1 out of 15, yet I still have the achievement.

Is this just because I haven't gotten Title Update 3? Will my progression of achievements, collectibles, and characters be restored if I do? Please please please, someone help me.

yep happened to me twice should be on about 11k for seriously and about 700 rounds for 1999 but all back to zero.... just so pissed off that we effectivly have to collect to get these 'cheives and the system that is monitoring it keeps resetting.... i mean what if i get too 90,000 kills and it resets.... really pissed off about this as was close to my meatflag and good to be king 'cheives too not happy with epic & believe me i love G.O.W. 2 just very frustrated @ the mo

• 2 weeks later...

A couple days ago somebody named IrishDUB (I think) messaged me and said that all I have to do is delete my profile from my Xbox and then recover it and all of my progression would come back. It's not that I don't trust the guy, I'm just wanting to confirm this with more people. Does this seem logical? I personally have no idea what sounds good and what doesn't, I'm so pissed off because of this.

And IrishDUB, if you're reading this, I appreciate the help.