OMG. What Happened?! HELP!!!!

mksystem74

So, I turn on Gears 2 right now and the first thing it does is ask me to select a storage device. It NEVER does that. Then when I go check my journal, the achievements page says I have 0G and only has the new achievements that just came out listed. my Seriously 2.0 progress has disappeared and the icon for beating it on Insane (havn't done it yet) is gone as well. Every other achievement I earned is GONE. If this had been addressed before, sorry for posting just guide me in the right direction then. If not, wtf happened? Am I screwed?

Edited by mksystem74
to give more info

only achievements in my journal are:

Reach level 50 and play the Snowblind Maps

Reach level 100 and win on each Snowblind Map

Complete waves 1-10 on each Snowblind Map

Complete Waves 1-50 on a SnowBlind Map

Play each Snowblind Map

Win each Snowblind Map.

THATS IT.

I'm missing Beat the game on Insane, Seriously 2.0, Annex and reach level 25. They are NOT in the journal at all. Neither are the ones I have unlocked. If they are still attainable, that's fine. But if not, I'm going to be seriously pissed off.

thats not true not everything is gone i only had 2 captures for submission i turned gears and only showed me my new achievements aswell so i was pissed so i was going to do it overagain and got one capture and said i had 3 now im up to 5 so i dont think it restarts ne thing

Is there a way to avoid this? I don't even want to play now for fear of this happening...

Every time you're finished playing Gears, make sure you go back to the main menu before turning your 360 off. Doing so will save any progress you've made towards achievements.

This glitch isn't completely random, as it usually happens when people turn off their system mid-game. At least, something along those lines.