The Mathematics Behind Supply Pad/Warehouses Returns

RenegadeSniper7

Copied from the forums on http://www.halowars.com/. Pretty interesting, thought I'd post it, not sure if it's entirely correct.

I know this was touched upon briefly earlier today by another poster evaluating the times that each Supply Pad/Warehouse and Heavy Supply Pad/Blessed Warehouse (henceforth both referred to as simply Supply Pad/Heavy Supply Pad) yield returns, but they failed to factor in some other important information concerning each. Please consider:

- Heavy Supply Pads are 40 percent more proficient than normal Supply Pads. for example, if a Supply Pad gives you 10 points per second, a Heavy Suppy Pad gives you 14.

- Supply Pads have DIMINISHING RETURNS; the more you build, the less proficient they all become:

• going from 1 to 2 Supply Pads increases supplies per second by 82 percent. for example, if 1 Supply Pad gives you 10 points per second, 2 Supply Pads would give you 18.2 points per second.
  • going from 2 to 5 Supply Pads doubles your supplies per second. for example, if 2 Supply Pads gives you 18.2 points per second, 5 Supply Pads would give you 38.4 points per second.
  • going from 5 to 10 Supply Pads increases supplies per second by 50 percent. for example, if 5 Supply Pads give you 36.4 points per second, 10 Supply Pads would give you 72.8 points per second.

- the output of Heavy Supply Pads relative to regular Supply Pads is as follows and reflects diminishing returns:

• 2 Heavy Supply Pads are the same as 3 regular Supply Pads.
  • 3 Heavy Supply Pads are the same as 5 regular Supply Pads.
  • 5 Heavy Supply Pads are the same as 9 regular Supply Pads.
  • 7 Heavy Supply Pads are the same as 14 regular Supply Pads.

Hope this helps some of you that are wondering what is the most efficient way to build your supply pads. ^_^

Link to thread

Actually, I just ran a test myself, supply pad, single, running for one minute. it created 243 resources, which came out to be roughly 4.3 rec/sec

And then i created a second, and ran them both for a minute, which they created 435 together, increasing my 4.3/sec to a 7.25/sec

When running the same test with a single heavy supply pad, it increased to 5.55/sec, a 33% increase, so ignore my previous stats, these are much more accurate.

yup, the break even point for upgrading to heavies is 7 supply pads. after that, heavies are more profitable.

Good work on the supply pad diminishing returns notes Kchief, your numbers look mostly good.

I add a note that 6 supply pads is where we wanted players to start thinking about upgrades instead of building more so we targeted the break even point there (which adds up if you add in the cost of the building slot at the base into the building cost).

Thoughts?

• 2 months later...
I read that the return rate doesn't change as soon as you have six heavies.

Guess it was wrong?

From actually playing the game, it does appear that after a certain number of pads the rate no longer increases. But that may just be the counter only going so fast or like how you can get more resources then the counter can count.