Without Footy It's Fiction: Video Competition Week #1

MEA7HOOK

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj34/mea7hook/Skate2WFIFContestHeader.jpg

Week #1

Competition Brief:

Week 1: “Copy the Trick”

Competition Runs from Feb. 19 – Feb. 22 (They will run 7 days in the future)

Below is a video of the trick that you need to try and duplicate:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krqiw65Imp4]YouTube - Terry Kennedy Time Remap[/ame]

Judging will be based on how accurately you can recreate the following criteria:

1. Spot (10 Stair Set)
  2. Trick (Half Cab Heelflip)
  3. Landing
  4. Camera angle/filming aspect
  5. Don’t worry about copying the clothing, hair, skin color, board, etc. Using your existing character is just fine.

Rules:

• All entries must follow the above competition brief (Briefs will change on a weekly basis, so be sure to read the details).
  • Only 1 entry video per user is allowed.
  • All entries must be less than 30 seconds in length (This includes opening/closing credits if your entry has them).
  • All entries must show proof of ownership via gamertag or forum name (Using the EA Skate.Reel URL should automatically link to your skate profile, so this mostly pertains to entries that are hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
  • Plagiarism/Stealing other user videos will result in disqualification.

Timeline:

• We will try to keep the contest running on a weekly basis from Monday through Sunday. Entries will be accepted any time during that period until the contest close has been announced.
  • As of now, judging will be on a private basis and we will try to post the winner within a day of the competition closing.

Posting Guidelines:

• Post entries in this thread.
  • Please keep discussions limited in this thread. Doing this will help keep the thread cleaner for judging and help contests run more smoothly.
  • Direct links to your video need to be posted for you entry to be considered.

• Posting directly from the EA skate.Reel: Use the URL located below and to the right of your desired video entry.

• Posting from a video hosting site (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.): You can embed or post a link directly to the video. Please don’t provide a link to your channel or elsewhere that would require people to search to find your entry.

• If we have to sift through a number of videos to find your entry, you will be notified and given a chance to change the link – failure to do so will result in disqualification.

• Remember that EA’s site sometimes has problems and it is out of our control if you are unable to access your video at the last minute before competition closing. Try not to wait until the last minute – posting earlier may promote more competition and get more people involved, which is something we are hoping for.

*I know there are a lot of rules/guidelines, but they are there to simply add some structure and make it a little more official. This is meant to be fun, so be creative and interact with some people from the x360a community.

*Winners will receive a badge with the competition week and their gamertag for display in their signature – it is completely optional if you want to actually use it. If you happen to win multiple times, I will go back and edit the original badge with your winning weeks to minimize signature space. Here is the sample badge:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj34/mea7hook/Skate2WFIFminibadge.jpg

*Things like judging and weekly briefs are still under consideration, so we are open to suggestions if you have any ideas that you would like to see implemented. This is mine and Doom’s 1st time running a competition here on the site, so keep that in mind during the earlier weeks until we can fall into a normal routine.

*Having trouble figuring out a skate term or need an explanation of a trick? Check the tricktionary on this site: http://www.board-crazy.co.uk/tricktionary.php

Edited by MEA7HOOK

Right I have two because it depends how you count the stairs so i did it at two different spots one with one more step so it's your choice on what has 10 steps. If you could let me know as i might want to try and better the clip. Also i think it's great your doing this as i like GH and RB SOTW and this is the skate equivalent.

1st one

2nd one

Edited by Stufin135

Right I have two because it depends how you count the stairs so i did it at two different spots one with one more step so it's your choice on what has 10 steps. If you could let me know as i might want to try and better the clip. Also i think it's great your doing this as i like GH and RB SOTW and this is the skate equivalent.

1st one

http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/175060119/423800.aspx

2nd one

http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/175060119/423967.aspx

everyone should only post one video from now on or we will not count you in.

@Stufin135: I think the spot is better in your 1st video but the actual trick is better in your 2nd video. People count stairs differently, like you said, so just go with whatever you think works - we're not going to be sticklers if it's 1 stair off or anything. Right now I have a set that's 9 technically, but 10 if you count the landing so it's cool with me if there's some variation. It's kind of tough to judge the number of stairs, so I'd probably work on nailing the trick and getting the other aspects as close as possible.

i might try but id like to see this badge ahha

It should be in the competition post. It's hosted on photobucket and shows up for me. It's about the size of a gamercard, which may be too big for some, so I'll try to make it smaller. If you win and don't like it, then you don't have to use it.

everyone should only post one video from now on or we will not count you in.

No worries - he was just getting some of the details straight. Since stairs kind of vary he wanted to see what we're looking for. Edited by MEA7HOOK

I'm not entering the content but i made a little banner which you guys can use if you want would probably look better in signatures if people want to put them there as it's small enough but not to big to take over the forums. If you like it let me know and i will send a psd file over.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2586/conteststriplt2.jpg

Thanks for the effort, but I'm just going to make the current one smaller. I was planning on making it look like the one you made, so it's smaller and skinnier as opposed to the bulky one I have now.

No problem, only took me about a few minutes to make. Your welcome to use it though if you find it to be of some use :).

we're not going to be sticklers if it's 1 stair off or anything. Right now I have a set that's 9 technically, but 10 if you count the landing so it's cool with me if there's some variation. It's kind of tough to judge the number of stairs, so I'd probably work on nailing the trick and getting the other aspects as close as possible.
Another guy had a similar question and that was my response. Just try to get it as close as possible.