Achievement List

Achievements for Star Ocean: The Last Hope

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/projectpanda/12dsb2JhbC9ECgULGgEfWSsnL2ljb24vMC8.jpg

1. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection 10% - 10G

2. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection 20% - 10G

3. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection 30% - 10G

4. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection 40% - 10G

5. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection 50% - 10G

6. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection 60% - 10G

7. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection 70% - 10G

8. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection 80% - 10G

9. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection 90% - 10G

10. Arts (Battle Trophies) Collection Complete - 10G

11. Spaceship Complete - 20G

12. Weapon Collection - 20G

13. Monster Collection 50% - 20G

14. Monster Collection Complete - 30G

15. Item Creation 20% - 20G

16. Item Creation 40% - 20G

17. Item Creation 60% - 20G

18. Item Creation 80% - 20G

19. Item Creation Complete - 20G

20. Treasure Chest Opened Rate 50% - 20G

21. Treasure Chest Opened Rate 100% - 30G

22. Quest Clear 30% - 20G

23. Quest Clear 60% - 20G

24. Quest Complete - 30G

25-50: Secret Achievements

I can confirm this is real, and it will be the hardest 1000 on the 360, by far. I have the xbox.com page, but it is still blank at the moment. I assume it will be updated soon since the game is out in four days in Japan. I'll obviously import them to the site once it becomes active.

If anyone has seen the battle trophies from the previous Star Ocean, we can only hope they toned down the difficulty. Two of the hardest from the previous one were beating the game at Lvl 1 (you could use other characters the rest of the game, but you needed three to never be used and stay lvl 1 - then you could make them useful with equipment and such, but it was hard and annoying) and doing 50,000 battles (250 hours of gameplay for that alone). On top of that, you need to inspect and learn about every ship in the game, create every item in the game, have every weapon, find every monster, open every chest and complete every quest... and that's not mentioning whatever the secrets might be. But I am assuming it will work like the previous games and have a New Game + option to carry data over.

As I have with every RPG before this (except IU and LR), I will own this day 1 and do my best to compile info and work on the achievement guide. :)

Edited by The Pants Party

Totally agree that this is the hardest for the 360 thus far. I will happily help you with the guide. Also, I think that we should open the forum and add the game to the retail list so people can start discussing the Achievements and the game in general.

Well like I said I can't import the achievements until the page on xbox.com gets updated, but I'm refreshing it like once an hour at least. :p

The forum is open though (we're in it), just doesn't seem to be a popular game.

Haha I need to stop writing stuff late at night after work (my common sense dwindles :p). I might be able to snag a Guide early from one of my friends who works at a gameplay. He says they might be getting it this Wednesday. I'll let you know if it has a decent section on achievements or at least the Battle Trophies.

I'm sad that this isn't as popular as I would've hoped. I think people distance themselves from the JRPG's since Last Remnant which is sad because this is going to be one good game :D

Well, achievement whores and JRPG fans are rarely one in the same (due to the huge time demand they carry), so these games don't get much traffic on x360a. Luckily they are by far my favorite genre, so I make sure they get a review (usually by me personally, or jackanape a good friend of mine) and I either get to making the guide myself or help out as much as I can. :p

Gah, I was hoping it wouldnt be something like this. Specifically the one involving opening every treasure chest....I loathe those. Wont have any bearing on me buying the game though, the second story for PSone was one of my all time favorites. I wonder if the secret achievements will be simple ones for progressing through the game..

Edited by Greg0fTheDead

Hopefully the secret achievements are story related, though I'm sure that getting all of the battle trophies will account for pretty much everything there is to do in the game.

I still need to finish up IU, and I've barely even started on TLR. Ah well, at least I've finished most of my backlog at this point.

If Pants is on the case for the achievement guide, then we're in good hands! Although hopefully this doesn't take more than 200 hours for the full 1000. 140 hours for Vesperia was enough, but that was an extremely enjoyable game.

Great achievements, i really like them, they looks like a mix of the hardest ones from Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and let's see what's hide in those secret achievements, but probably they are story related!!i am goin for 1000 bc i really love JRPGs!

Edited by Achiever TM

This list is awesome. i`m guessing 25-50 is storyline mostly. it seems that the achives have been dumbed down in JPRGS, i hope not in this one. i want SO to consume my life help ween myself off GS whoreing/boosting a while. ( i curse you games made pre-07!!! Curse you!!!!)

But Hey Pants Party. ( and anyone else buying the strat guide) .. do you all think its gonna be worth it? the only 3 strat book i got recently that honestly helped, was Dead rising, Fallout3, and viva pinta 1&2. ..

i figured atleast the charts of item creation, battle trophys, and beastiary would rock for the achvies we have before us.

=)

Nice list, pretty much what you can expect really?

If I were to compare these achievements to Star Ocean: Till the End of time I'd have about 900G for like 150 hours?

This is probably the best JRPG list yet purely because I think it'll be fun more than stupid =].

That is one lame list. This is why JRPGs dont sell well in West because the Asian developers completely ignore Western appeal in their games.

They really need to learn to calm things down, Western gamers don't like games that are VERY difficult. We also don't like to do grind ad nauseam.

That is one lame list. This is why JRPGs dont sell well in West because the Asian developers completely ignore Western appeal in their games.

They really need to learn to calm things down, Western gamers don't like games that are VERY difficult. We also don't like to do grind ad nauseam.

Well I feel sorry for you if you miss out on a potentially great game just because of achievements lol.

The list looks like it's going to take quite a while, but I'll be up for completing it. My current "long-term goal" as you could say it, is to get all the achievements in every RPG. I'm still missing them all in TLR, IU, and Enchanted Arms (that game is just boring; I'll get it done eventually).

However I also get Street Fighter to play as well! Yay for another game with crazy hard achievements.

I absolutely can't stand collection or complete xx% achievements .. yet this is all I see and the other half are hidden. Wtf is up with secret achievements?? Why HALF?? Sad to say but I probably won't get this game either because I know I'll be sick of it .. I just want to play without thinking shit I'm never getting these unless I don't play the way I want and have to sit through 300 hours of boring

and at the rate Last Remnant is taking me, this will take me a year, lol.

Idk if its that hard anymore. With some, if not most of us getting the guide with the game, It should detail each achievement, each battle trophy, each treasure chest, etc...

Besides Last Remnant is just weird :p oh and I'm not hating on it, just not my style of RPG.

star ocean = multiple endings....judging from what i see on the completion achievements that are known..100 percent everything...i'm guessing some of the secret achievements are for multiple endings...multiple playthroughs...why do they keep doing this in all the recent rpg's (other than last remnant)