Achievement Guide

le b3nz0r

NOTE: Roadmap was to be originally included here, but due to lack of space is in a separate thread, located here.

The guide is now complete.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/-L4WEw==.jpg Sweep Dreams - 10G

Easy level completed in 15 seconds or less

From the main menu, choose Single Player > Classic and then set Difficulty to Beginner. You have to beat the level in 15 seconds or less. Some advice: don't mark every flag. If there's a field that is isolated from the rest of the field and all the gray boxes there are clearly mines, there's no reason to mark them. The game ends when all NON-mine spaces are discovered, not when the flags are all marked.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/-V7ugA==.jpgGotta Sweep'em All - 15G

All 3 difficulty levels Quick-completed

To earn this achievement, you're going to have to finish each of the three difficulty levels (on Classic play) under a certain amount of time. Make sure to use the classic background so you can see the board more clearly.

Beginner: <15 seconds

Intermediate: <90 seconds

Expert: <200 seconds

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/+PwFeQ==.jpgMine Over Matter - 20G

10 consecutive completed single-player levels

I got this by winning 10 games in a row on Campaign mode. Campaign is better than Quickplay as you get 1 free mess-up without losing the game. Play smart, not fast, and you'll get this in no time.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/+Rz96g==.jpgMineswept - 20G

Completion of Campaign Mode

From the main menu select Single Player > Campaign, and complete all 140 levels.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/+z30Xw==.jpgClick Click Boom - 15G

Completion of the first continent in Campaign Mode.

Advance through Campaign Mode normally. As soon as you finish North America 20, you will unlock the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/+t0MzA==.jpgFlag Patrol - 20G

Win 30 games of Flags against Expert AI

From the main menu, select Single Player > Flags. The settings should be as follows:

Turn time limit: 5 sec

# of players: 2

Difficulty: Expert

Move again on Flag Found: Yes

Early winner: Yes

Move again on Flag Found is going to allow you to make multiple moves in a row, while Early winner is going to make 26 the mark to reach. As soon as you hit 26 flags, you win instantly. Turn time limit 5 sec will give the computer minimum time to mark flags, as they mark very slowly. The expert AI on this game not only automatically marks any flags that are "determined" (definitely minds beyond a shadow of a doubt due to numbers around it) and has a nasty habit as well of marking mines in the middle of the field for no apparent reason, and still getting them. When you're playing the computer you need to always know what your next move is going to be, as you're playing with the same restrictions. Enough practice and vision and this will be yours. Try 10 sec move times if you're having trouble, but keep in mind the AI will only mark 1 flag on average, 2 flags *sometimes* per turn with a 5 sec timer.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/+foYwg==.jpgMine, Mine, ALL MINE! - 10G

Win 5 or more games of each Game Type (Classic and Campaign, Single and Multiplayer)

According to the description, this should be 20 wins total. You'll need 5 wins of classic single player, 5 wins in campaign single player, 5 wins in flags single player, and 5 wins in multiplayer. To check how many wins and of each type you have, go to Help & Options > My Stats. To find partners for the 5 online wins you'll need, go here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/+BrgUQ==.jpg500 Club - 30G

Win 500 games (total) of any type

You must win 500 games of any type, single player or multi-player. The best way to do this by far is to go to the classic gametype under single player, and pick a custom board. You'll want the classic background, and your dimensions are going to be 16x30 with 10 mines. This way, if you're fast, even the most "difficult" rounds will take 10 seconds, maybe 15 at the most. You'll even have some rounds where you win on the first click! Fantastic. You can check your progress under Help & Options > My Stats.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/+6QNkA==.jpgSweep Them Off Their Feet - 20G

Complete a continent in Campaign Mode without losing a level

Once you've started Campaign Mode, be sure to win your first 20 levels without losing a round. If you do get unlucky and lose, you should quit to dashboard and reload the game. Make sure you save often so you don't play levels over and over again in the process.

Thanks to BrownsIndians for this advice.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/+YUEJQ==.jpgString of Flags - 10G

Make 10 moves in a row in Flags mode

You're going to be playing Flags by selecting Single Player > Flags from the main menu. You're going to want to play with the following settings:

Turn time limit: 10/15 sec (depending how fast you are at reading/marking mines)

# of Players: 2

Difficulty: Beginner

Move again on Flag Found: Yes

Early winner: No (you don't want the round to end in the middle of a streak)

Basically you're going to have to wait for either the computer or you to open a large chunk on the board, and you must be able to readily recognize some of the most common places for mines to be. Once it's going to be your turn, mark them as quickly as possible. I was actually able to get about 15 off of one chunk when I got this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/+GX8tg==.jpgStreak on the Flag - 20G

Win 10 games in a row in Flags Mode (multiplayer or single player Expert)

In Flags mode, set the computer to Expert and win 10 straight games. Or you could make your life much, much easier and use a second controller, start a local match via Multiplayer > Local Play and let the lead profile win 10 times.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/945/-ccXTw==.jpgElite - 10G

Win 10 rounds of Expert Classic Mode

This achievement will require both skill and luck, but mostly patience. You don't have to win the 10 rounds in a row or in one sitting, so take all the time you want to try. Don't be discouraged; you're going to be put in a lot of 50/50 situations and just get unlucky. One on stretch I got 5 puzzles in a row down to the last 2 boxes and lost because I chose the wrong one. This is probably going to happen to you too, so try not to let it get to you.

Edited by le b3nz0r

Sweep Dreams - 10G

Easy level completed in 15 seconds or less

Set difficulty to Beginner and be fast! There's no advice for this other than have a solid understanding of the game and be quick. I was able to do this in 15 seconds exactly and that was while only marking half the flags.

That's terrible advice! :) First of all, don't waste time actually flagging the mines. Just mark them in your head. But before you even get to your "solid understanding of the game" first get a good board by clicking all the corners and hoping you get lucky on mass clears. If there is still a large contiguous mass, click an edge tile in it and hope for more luck. If you blow up just keep restarting until you at least get a workable board. Then start playing for real and be quick. Using this method I beat it in :11 after ~10 blown boards and only two attempts to beat the clock from a decent board.

edit: a couple more notes. You have 1000/1000 in the roadmap rather than 200/200. And regarding Mine, Mine, ALL MINE there is no such mode as multiplayer campaign so it must be referring to 1) classic, 2) campaign, 3) single player flags, 4) multiplayer flags. This will also change the status of the "multiplayer achievements" line in the roadmap.

Edited by Ruin Runner

That's terrible advice! :) First of all, don't waste time actually flagging the mines. Just mark them in your head. But before you even get to your "solid understanding of the game" first get a good board by clicking all the corners and hoping you get lucky on mass clears. If there is still a large contiguous mass, click an edge tile in it and hope for more luck. If you blow up just keep restarting until you at least get a workable board. Then start playing for real and be quick. Using this method I beat it in :11 after ~10 blown boards and only two attempts to beat the clock from a decent board.

Whattaff....

Is It possible??!!

I'm not a novice in this game, and I tried several times....never got even near to that 15 seconds...

The best i could do is 19!!!

And I clikked tiles without esitations...

I think it's not only a question of skill...

...you must need a big, big, big, BIIIGG, amount of luck!!!

Flag Patrol - 20G

Win 30 games of Flags against Expert AI

String of Flags - 10GMake 10 moves in a row in Flags mode

Streak on the Flag - 20GWin 10 games in a row in Flags Mode (multiplayer or single player Expert)

Easiest way for these 3 is to set the CPU AI to Expert, and set the per turn time limit to 15-20 seconds. The Computer is smart, but slow. If they can accidentally find a big open area before you, you'll own them in no time. I jumped up 20-0 in one game, and with those kind of odds starting out, its tough to lose. Also, be sure that you have the "Continue turn on flag placement" or whatever, set to yes. These three will come pretty fast this way.

Gotta Sweep'em All - 15G

All 3 difficulty levels Quick-completed

I'm still working on this but I'm almost positive this means you complete one puzzle on Beginner, one on Normal, and one on Expert while in Quickplay. More details to come.

OK, didn't unlock this after beating all three levels. Tried again, without losing, also didn't unlock, so either its glitched or we're reading it wrong.

It may be a time related win. Has anyone checked if there is a "High Score" "fastest time" on the in game records? Kinda like how it is on the PC. I have this queed for download when I get off work. And I would think, that the Quick-Completed is a time related achievement. Sounds like it to me...

String of Flags - 10GMake 10 moves in a row in Flags mode

Streak on the Flag - 20GWin 10 games in a row in Flags Mode (multiplayer or single player Expert)

The simplest way to get both of these is to do local multiplayer against yourself, for the string of flags set the time to 60 seconds per move then play the game like normal minesweeper until you have at least 10 mines you are certain of the placement of, then pick them off.

I also agree with BrownsIndian for the 15 second one you need to mark mines then use X to clear I got 17 seconds a few times until I finally got the achievement.

It may be a time related win. Has anyone checked if there is a "High Score" "fastest time" on the in game records? Kinda like how it is on the PC. I have this queed for download when I get off work. And I would think, that the Quick-Completed is a time related achievement. Sounds like it to me...

Might be. I just unlocked it...11 wins on beginner, 2 on intermediate, unlocked on my 5th win on expert. However, my 5th win was also a new best time.

Intermediate: <1:25

Expert: <3:20

I had a best time of 3:23, unlocked when I hit 3:13. I dunno what the other two difficulty milestones are, but if it IS a time based achievement, expert's cut off has to be 3:20.

The best i could do is 19!!!

And I clikked tiles without esitations...

I think it's not only a question of skill...

...you must need a big, big, big, BIIIGG, amount of luck!!!

Luck to get under 15? NO All you have to do is get an opening and then start figuring it out. One thing to know is that you don't have to mark every bomb. But mark bombs that are in clusters and use the X button to clear out more than 1 square at a time.

Now to get a score under 10 seconds, that's when you need some luck.

Might be. I just unlocked it...11 wins on beginner, 2 on intermediate, unlocked on my 5th win on expert. However, my 5th win was also a new best time.

Intermediate: <1:25

Expert: <3:20

I had a best time of 3:23, unlocked when I hit 3:13. I dunno what the other two difficulty milestones are, but if it IS a time based achievement, expert's cut off has to be 3:20.

How do you manage to get under 3:20 on Expert!!!, my best so far is around 7 minutes!

Now my question is (for the 5 of each gametype achievement) is it 5 TOTAL wins online multiplayer, or 5 ranked AND 5 player (a la Domino Master) ? For the guide right now I'm going to assume it's just 5 wins period.

Here's another question I have, and would like someone to test out if possible (I guess I could if I really need to):

Unanswered question: For the String of Flags achievement, could the Move again on Flag Found be set to No, and then 10 moves made in a row (with the computer making moves in between) and have that count?

Edited by le b3nz0r

That would be a no. Has to be in one go.

Correct...I had 9 in one round and then the next round the first one I placed was a flag...technically that's 10 in a row but it doesn't count, so it has to be in one go.

Also I'd like to post about how the Expert AI is ridiculous in this game. I'd be playing and winning and then the next round he places 6 flags in a row in the middle of puzzle...RANDOMLY!!! It pisses me off like no tomorrow.

this game is ridiculous to get under 3:20 in expert. Even at my fastest constantly selecting mines, I can only get about 3:45. Doing this on a pc might be manageable, but on a console is too ridiculous because it lags when you select stuff and it makes me miss click and sometimes if you go too fast its unresponsive.

Also for the flags on expert AI, setting the time for 15-20 seconds makes it much harder. You said the AI is slow so why give them more time? The expert AI knows EXACTLY where every mine is as long as there's a number around it. I set it for 5 seconds and at most the AI can only get 2 flags a turn.

this game is ridiculous to get under 3:20 in expert. Even at my fastest constantly selecting mines, I can only get about 3:45. Doing this on a pc might be manageable, but on a console is too ridiculous because it lags when you select stuff and it makes me miss click and sometimes if you go too fast its unresponsive.

Also for the flags on expert AI, setting the time for 15-20 seconds makes it much harder. You said the AI is slow so why give them more time? The expert AI knows EXACTLY where every mine is as long as there's a number around it. I set it for 5 seconds and at most the AI can only get 2 flags a turn.

Lag is an issue with Classic for me too. But I have found that if you exit to the main menu of the game (letting it save) and going back to the Classic game helps resolve the lag.... a little.

I was having a problem getting the Mine, Mine, ALL MINE! achievement. I even did 6 of everything. It wasn't until I did 5 rounds of flags in local multiplayer that it went off. You might want to add to the guide that you need the local ones too.

OK, I have finished campaign, gotten at least five classic wins, five single player flags, five multiplayer flags online, and five multiplayer flags local, and it still hasn't popped. Any other guesses? Do you suppose the classic wins have to be on Expert or something?

OK, I have finished campaign, gotten at least five classic wins, five single player flags, five multiplayer flags online, and five multiplayer flags local, and it still hasn't popped. Any other guesses? Do you suppose the classic wins have to be on Expert or something?

I think you need 5 of everything. I have 5 classic beginner, medium, expert, 5 local multiplayer flags, 5 single flags, 5 campaign, 5 online ranked match, and still no achievement. The only thing I don't have at least 5 in is online player matches. (I have 2 more to go, will let you know if it pops for me after these wins. If not, it must be glitched.)