Achievement Guide

Rusty Nail zh

So, this is my first achievement guide, so please have patience. :)

First of all, I would like to say, that the game isn't that bad! The animations, emotions and everything about the athletes are bad! But the games are well done! And also fun!

General Note in Advance: I would start with the different Cup's where you have to be first. Because there you can boost your stats in the different sports. And I think it has an impact on the campaign mode. Because after I collected some EXP points in the cups, I got better in campaign. But that is not yet confirmed.

Style Master - 1G (Campaign: Perform a GREAT take off and a PERFECT landing on the normal hill!)

Easy. Just try to jump GREAT and land PERFECT. Will also unlock if you jump PERFECT and land PERFECT. GREAT: 95-97 / PERFECT: 98-100

Speed Junkie - 1G (Campaign: Go faster than 155 km/h in Downhill!)

Quite tricky! There is only 1 Jump on the course, where you will get near 155km/h. The jump is at the beginning of the course. Just push "A" all the time before the jump. And then, when you know which jump it is try to jump as left as you can and than go crossways to land as right as you can. So you will be in the air for a longer time. Well that's how I did it. Don't know how you could get it in another way, but tell me if so.

Eagle Eye - 1G (Campaign: In Curling, shoot the rear stone out of the house without touching the front one!)

Not difficult at all. Use the map at the left top corner. Just go all to the right, but not until the end, a little before the end of right. Then press "A" and drag the arrow (little red one on map) to the yellow stone in the middle. Power: Full power and "mop" :) all the time.

Finger Stoboscope - 1G (Campaign: Hit 20 targets at the Biathlon shooting! The counter resets every 5 seconds.)

Easy. Just stay on "X" all the time and shoot the black targets. Shouldn't be a big problem.

Skeletorious - 1G (Campaign: Go faster than 116 km/h in Skeleton!)

Pretty Easy. Just try to stay in the orange marks (in the curves) and that's all. You will hit it at the end of the course.

Downhill Boss - 10G (Campaign: Be faster than the favorite in Downhill!)

One of the harder bosses. At your first couple of tries, you don't have a chance. Watch the boss, when he's in front of you. He has a good line. On some curves, I used the "B" button for the first time, with bosses. But not to much. It's only useful in 2 or 3 curves. If you know how to ski best, then you have to be near the boss for all the time. Because he has a weak point on the last downhill, right before the end. Stay on "A" all the time, even if you push "B"! Very important! Get a start of over 90.

Mr. and Mrs. Skill - 5G (Campaign: Get the Curling stone onto the specified position without touching your other stone.)

The curling achievements are hard to explain. But I will try. On the first shot, just hit either left or right yellow stone, so the red one gets in position. You might have to do a couple of tries for the second stone, until you get the right direction. Strength --> In the middle after blue mark, at the end of the arrow.

Paceman - 5G (Campaign: Reach a top speed of at least 60 km/h at Biathlon.)

Easy. Just stay on "A", don't care ybout the stamina. And then on downhill, just push "B" to crouch. You should get it after that.

AIR G - 5G (Campaign: Jump over 50 meters in Super G. Search the best ramp on the track!)

At the beginning of the course there is a jump. Just push "A" before the jump, so you will have more speed. Easy.

Brainiac - 5G (Campaign: Add up the figures during the run within 135 seconds and enter the correct result!)

Easy. Just count the numbers shown. Press "A" most of the time, like that you have more time at the finish line to enter the number. If you're having trouble with skiing and counting at the same time, just assign the counting to a friend or your girfriend. :)

Speedskate Boss - 20G (Campaign: Beat the Boss in 500m Speed Skating! Mind the racing line!)

Not too hard. After "Rythm Sticks" it shouldn't be a problem. :) Just watch, that you have a better start, this helps a lot.

Quick Start - 5G (Campaign: You need to perform an awesome start (better than 89%) in Speed Skating!)

Easy. Just tab "A" + "B" as fast as you can! Nothing more...

Ruler - 10G (Campaign: You have 35 seconds to overtake all 7 opponents at Biathlon.)

This one is tricky. I tried this challenge a lot of times! You have to get sort of a quick start at the beginning. Just push "A" right before you start (on the last "beep"). Like in Mario Kart. :) And try to use the sprint right before the first hill. And then just stay on "A" and don't care about the stamina. As soon as it goes downhill, just press "B". Don't get mad if the time is to tight. Just try it another time. But the quick start is the important thing!

Bob Perfect - 10G (Campaign: Perform a perfect start with the four-seater bob.)

This is all about timing. You will have to do this a couple of times. But the good thing is, that you don't have to hit the point every single time.

MC Fly - 10G (Campaign: Keep cool, watch your style and perform a GREAT landing!)

This might take a couple of tries. But the important thing is the balance. Before the jump and of course while jumping. Try to jump PERFECT and land PERFECT.

Golden Moments - 10G (Campaign: Collect 37 gold coins in Downhill. You have 150 seconds.)

There are 39 coins on this course. So you can miss 1 or 2 coin(s). But not MORE! AND you have to be fast, because of the time limit. So try to push "A" most of the time.

Clever - 10G (Campaign: Add up the figures during the run within 135 seconds and enter the correct result!)

Same as "Brainiac" but now with minus.

Bob Boss - 30G (Campaign: Match with the fast as lightning two-seater bob champion and beat him!)

The most important thing is the start. Try to get a start of 90+, PERFECT. Then just avoid collisions (when the wave things turn red) and try to stay in the orange zones in the curves.

Sniper - 15G (Campaign: Shoot two adversarial stones out of the house without touching other stones!)

Put the straight arrow in the middle of the right side. (Between middle line and end of right) Press "A" and drag the arrow to the red dots. The arrow MUST be RIGHT on the dots! Power: Full!

Rythm Sticks - 15G (Campaign: Great rhythm (over 90%) in 500m Speed Skating! Hit GREAT or PERFECT every time.)

I can't say much on this achievement here. Just get familiar with the rythm. Practice, practice, practice. Hated this achievement!

Art of Curling - 15G (Campaign: Show your feeling for art and match the given pattern with your Curling stones!)

Was not too hard for a curling achievement. It's harder to explain, actually. You will have 4 stones and you have to hit 3 "x"'s. First, I would go for the upper left/right. You have to shoot with the help of the mini map at the top left corner. The red little arrow, is your best partner here. For the first (left) stone, you have to put the red arrow close to the end of the right side. And then press "A" and drag the arrow to the left, where the X is. Power: Beginning of 2nd blue fat line. Don't mop.

For the second stone, just do the same thing, but on the opposite side. Same power and everything.

If you got those 2, it's a piece of cake. For the 3rd stone just leave the arrow straight as it is and push "A". Power: In the middle of the first blue line and the red line.

Untouchable - 15G (Campaign: Race through the ice canal without touching the boards!)

Not so hard, as it sounds. It only counts as a collision, when the blue wave things on the bottom right and left turn red. So you can touch the wall but not collied with it.

Edited by Rusty Nail zh
Achievements

Skull Skill - 15G (Campaign: Avoid any contact with the skulls in this 500 m Speed Skating race and win the race!)

Only the first Skull is a real threat. The other skulls can be avoided by just skating. On the first skull you have to pass it on the left side. You have to push your LEFT analog stick to the left, right after the start. And then just skate normally.

Giant Slalom Boss - 50G (Campaign: You compete with Mr. Giant Slalom himself! Win and you'll be unforgotten.)

Ok, with this one I had some problems at the beginning, but when you know, how to take the gates without much carving, it's OK. At the beginning he will be in front all the time. Just watch him a little bit, then you'll see, how you're supposed to skii. You have to take the gates as tight a possible (best: You take it so tight, that you touch every gate) and without much carving. So go easy with your Left Analog Stick. And you have to have a feeling for the curves, so that it's like a straight line between each gate. So you don't have to move a lot. Be careful that you pass the gates, or else you will get disqualified.

My tip, just anticipate the curves and go left or right a little bit befor the gates...You will see, what I mean... And don't restard when he is right in front of you at the beginning. He has some weak moments at the end of the course.

Kamikaze - 20G (Campaign: Fall as hard as you can after jumping 130 m from the large hill.)

Easy. Just try to jump PERFECT and dont land, just crash. :)

Yin and Yang - 20G (Campaign: Collect 42 coins but avoid the skulls. You have 112 seconds!)

You have to collect EVERY coin on the course and avoid EVERY skull coin! And on top of that you have to pass EVERY gate or else you will be disqualified. Will take you some tries. Also in this challenge, "A" button is your best friend. :)

Art of Shooting - 20G (Campaign: Be the van Gogh of the track and shoot the right patterns in Biathlon.)

Just stay on "X" to hold your breath (all the time). And just shoot the black targets shown.

Skiller - 20G (Campaign: You have two stones to remove three adversarial stones from the house. Good luck!)

Hard achievement. I had a hard time, until I found a good strategy. First stone: Just go a little tiny bit on the right side. Just very, very little. Push "A" and don't drag. Power: Full! With this shot, you should hit the yellow on the left side. (The one who is the farest from the middle) For your 2nd stone the 2 yellow stones left, have to be near each other. Another straight arrow, that will hit both stones. (Use map on the top left for better view) You will know what I mean. No dragging and full power. Ah yes, and always mop. On both shots.

Calculator - 20G (Campaign: Add up the figures during the run within 100 seconds and enter the correct result!)

Same as "Brainiac" and "Clever". Easy.

Biathlon Boss - 70G (Campaign: Compete with the best biathlete of all times! Losing is not an option!)

Not hard, if you find out the "perfect" strategy. 1. The "fast start" at the beginning is important! (See "Ruler" Achievement)

2. Geth the sprint before the first hill, then stay on "A" until you go downhill and have to press "B". On the shooting line, get that sprint. But don't stay on "A" all the time, because you have to have enough stamina for the sprint in front of the 2nd hill. Than push "B" again, when downhill. 2. lap same thing.

Note: Just stay in crouch until you reach 40km/h or something. Because when you will start skiing, the speed will drop to 36/37km/h.

High Skiller - 25G (Campaign: Push the opponent's stones to the specified position without moving your stones!)

First stone -> Get the arrow RIGHT on the red dots (no slicing, just straight) then release "A" when you reach the 2nd blue line of the arrow. Second stone -> Again, RIGHT on red dots. Release "A" at the end of the 2nd red line.

Alpha Dog - 25G (Campaign: Keep your position for 60 seconds. No one must overtake you!)

Pretty easy. Just push "A" all the time. When downhill, just push "B".

Skully - 25G (Campaign: Avoid all skulls within the given time without getting disqualified!)

Not too hard. Just try to go down as straight as possible, press "A" all the time and don't press "B". Don't take the curves to sharp. You will lose speed like that.

Style Flyer - 25G (Campaign: Get an excellent style score at the Ski Jump from the small hill.)

Pretty easy. Just stay in the middle while flying.

Time of the Skull - 25G (Campaign: Avoid the skulls within the time limit!)

Ugly achievement. Just play the course over and over again. And don't mind the skulls, but you have to remember when, which skull is coming. I think the pattern is always left, right, left, right. You can't be too slow, but you don't have to be really fast either. It's ok, when you bump sometimes, to get out of speed, but stay out of the red. Maybe you will end up with not enough time, until you have a good feeling for this. There's nothing more to say, I think....

Slalom Boss - 100G (Campaign: Do your best in Slalom! Defeat one of the best athletes in the world.)

With this boss, I got a lot of disqualifications! Also here, the boss will be in front all the time at the beginning. Again, watch him, look how tight he takes the gates.

My tip is, that you have to take the gates very tight and look for the line between the gates, like that you dont have to adjust your player between the gates. I touched nearly every gate, when I got the achievement. And always steer ver very careful! Thats very important! Because if you go into the curves too hard, you will lose a lot of time! Always stay on "A" and never carve. Get a start of over 95, that should help, too...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next achievements are all from the career mode, where you have to win some cups. The cup achievements are pretty easy. And don't get too mad, if you are on 2nd, 3rd or a worse place. It's ok. You have to boost your EXP points anyway.

You will get 3points for 1st place; 2points for 2nd; 1point for 3rd.

Rookie Cup - 20G

Disciplines - 3 -> Skeleton / Speed Skating 500m (2runs) / Snowboard (Half-Pipe; 2runs)

Zen Cup - 25G

Disciplines - 3 -> Biathlon (2laps, 1x shooting) / Sledge (2runs) / Figure Skating

Slide Cup - 30G

Disciplines - 4 -> Speed Skating 500m (2runs) / Figure Skating / Snowboard (Half-Pipe, 2runs) / Biathlon

Big Time Cup - 30G

Disciplines - 4 -> Ski-jump normal (2runs) / Bob (2men, 2runs) / Speed Skating 1500m / Curling (4stones)

Groove Cup - 30G

Disciplines - 5 -> Figure Skating / Ski-jump big (2runs) / Skeleton / Bob (4men, 2runs) / Snowboard (Half-Pipe, 2runs)

Advanced Ski Cup - 35G

Disciplines - 4 -> Ski Apline (Giant Slalom, 2runs) / Ski Apline (Downhill) / Ski-Jump normal (2runs) / Ski-Jump big (2runs)

Ice Tube Cup - 35G

Disciplines - 3 -> Skeleton / Bob (2men, 2runs) / Bob (4men, 2runs)

Lord Winterbottom Cup - 40G

Disciplines - 4 -> Curling (8stones) / Snowboard (Half-Pipe, 2runs) / Speed Skating 500m (2runs) / Figure Skating

Wanna Go Pro Cup - 45G

Disciplines - 5 -> Biathlon / Ski Apline (Giant Slalom, 2runs) / Bob (4men, 2runs) / Skeleton / Ski Apline (Downhill)

Almost Famous Cup - 50G

Disciplines - 9 -> Snowboard (Half-Pipe, 2runs) / Ski Alpine (Giant Slalom, 2runs) / Skeleton / Speed Skating 500m (2runs) / Figure Skating / Biathlon / Ski Alpine (Downhill) / Ski-Jump big (2runs) / Sledge (2runs)

Guide now completed!!!

Edited by Rusty Nail zh
Achievements

• 4 weeks later...

PLEASE FINISH THE GUIDE!!! i have all the achievements you described and a few other, but i need help with skiller and sniper and i don't know where i can unlock "Finger Stroboscope" and i can't get speed junkie i tried it so often and i have 100 EP

Please help me!!

Edited by YouTube Freak

PLEASE FINISH THE GUIDE!!! i have all the achievements you described and a few other, but i need help with skiller and sniper and i don't know where i can unlock "Finger Stroboscope" and i can't get speed junkie i tried it so often and i have 100 EP

Please help me!!

Hi Youtube Freak

I think finger stroboscope is one of the final campaign games but I haven't opened them all yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh thank you that you'r going to finish the guide.:woop::Bounce:

If you don't speak german, ignore the following.

P.S.: Bei deinem Profil steht, dass du aus Zürich kommst. Fallst du also deutsch sprichst; kannst du mir dann vielleicht den Guide auf deutsch per E- Mail schicken (falls du ihn auf deutsch hast). Ich kann zwar gut englisch, aber deutsch wäre trotzdem besser. Meine E- Mailadresse ist: *****************

Edited by YouTube Freak
Forgot something

P.S.: Bei deinem Profil steht, dass du aus Zürich kommst. Fallst du also deutsch sprichst; kannst du mir dann vielleicht den Guide auf deutsch per E- Mail schicken (falls du ihn auf deutsch hast). Ich kann zwar gut englisch, aber deutsch wäre trotzdem besser. Meine E- Mailadresse ist: [email protected]

Hallo, also die ganze "guide" kann ich nicht übersetzten, aber wenn du mir sagst, bei welchen Erfolgen du mühe hast, könnte ich dir vielleicht helfen...

could you please give a better description on how to get braniac and the others? It still isn't making any sense the way you described and i still don't know what to do.

Thanks

Hi, well I don't know what to write more. The discription of the achievement and my guide should be ok. What do you want to know?

Did you gave me a bad rate on this threat because of this????

I really don't think that they improved with the campaign. When i was there i moved exactly the same as when i didn't have any exp.

All i can say for everyone out there who race bosses... hug the flags!

Ok, well I thought, that after I collected some EXP points I got better in the campaign. But as I said, it's not confirmed.

And yeah, hugging the flags is a good strategy...a lot of disqualifications that way, but, it's the best thing to do.

you forgot "Slalom Boss"!!

But thanks for the Guide! :)

Oh sh*t. A very important achievement got lost. Done now. Thanks!

Welcome...I hope it helps...

Kannst du mir mit "Sniper" helfen? Ich versuch das zu machen was du geschrieben hast, aber wenn ich den Pfeil am Anfang in die Mitte mache, dann zur roten Linie ziehe und dann warte bis die Anzeige voll ist, zieht sich der Pfeil immer nach rechts und wenn ich warte bis die Anzeige fast ganz voll ist und dann den Pfeil nach links ziehe, kann ich den Pfeil nicht mehr ganz zur roten Linie ziehen. :confused:

EDIT: Ah, ich hab was missverstanden. Brauchst mir doch nich helfen.

Edited by YouTube Freak

Hast du den Guide schon an xbox360a geleitet? Wenn nicht, machs hier (dann erscheint er auf der Hauptseite):

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Mach einfach einen neuen Thread auf.

???

Are you saying that he should submit his guide?

If he does then..... he should probably complete it first.