Top 5 Grenade Indicator moments

Fizzmatix

So I have been playing though on veteran and getting annoyed as well as frustrated at the grenade indicator like most people have. So far I have been taking my time with veteran and playing though different levels and avoiding the levels i don't want to play. Anyhow, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's top 5 annoying or top 5 moments are with the grenade indicator.

I guess we have to be semi thankful of the grenade indicator as it could be worse no indicator at all. Well it's helpful when it works.

1. Invisible grenades, not sure if this has happened to anyone else but quite a lot of the time the indicator doesn't even show up and then I just end up in a big pile of smoke wondering what the hell happened. So far this has happened to me about 15 times or so.

2. Multiple grenades, I may even hold the record for this. So far I have have counted 12 grenade indicator symbols on my screen at a single time. Somehow I managed to survive but I think that's a record.

3. The indicator shows full white but the grenade doesn't do any damage. very rare but you have to love it when it happens. If it happens.

4. Throwback, %90 of the time this works for me but I have also picked up a few grenades and found that i've thrown the grenade but instead it's just sitting at my feet.

*Updated*

5. Super human throwing arm. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this. I find it quite amusing and have decided that the AI spend all there waiting moments masturbating behind cover before you come into sight. While looking out from cover on blowtorch and corkscrew i saw one of the enemies bend down and roll a gentle grenade which then landed on my head. I think the thing that made me laugh the most is the distance that pansy throw managed to turn into. I would take a rough guess and say around 150ft. I think this is my most prized encounter as of the mental image.

*Updated*

I have run into some serious issues with this game but I still really enjoy playing though some of the bugs can be a real problem. At least I only have 2 more missions left to do then I can just deal with the grenade indicator online rather than in campaign again.

Edited by Fizzmatix

So I have been playing though on veteran and getting annoyed as well as frustrated at the grenade indicator like most people have. So far I have been taking my time with veteran and playing though different levels and avoiding the levels i don't want to play. Anyhow, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's top 5 annoying or top 5 moments are with the grenade indicator.

I guess we have to be semi thankful of the grenade indicator as it could be worse no indicator at all. Well it's helpful when it works.

1. Invisible grenades, not sure if this has happened to anyone else but quite a lot of the time the indicator doesn't even show up and then I just end up in a big pile of smoke wondering what the hell happened. So far this has happened to me about 15 times or so.

2. Multiple grenades, I may even hold the record for this. So far I have have counted 12 grenade indicator symbols on my screen at a single time. Somehow I managed to survive but I think that's a record.

3. The indicator shows full white but the grenade doesn't do any damage. very rare but you have to love it when it happens. If it happens.

4. Throwback, %90 of the time this works for me but I have also picked up a few grenades and found that i've thrown the grenade but instead it's just sitting at my feet.

5. I don't have a 5th but I feel that the indicator should be my best friend as it follows me around so much.

I have run into some serious issues with this game but I still really enjoy playing though some of the bugs can be a really problem. At least I only have 2 more missions left to do then I can just deal with the grenade indicator online rather than in campaign again.

Hm, sounds weird, ive only played for a while, But il try and explain what mite of happened at the time.

1. Invisible Grenades - On COD4 not 100% About COD5. But if you we're above the grenade it would not show up, Maybe your on high ground. Before i was glitching on top of a wall, in a priave match, som1 dropped a marty dom next to me, on the floor by wall, i fort it wasnt near me, and i died.

2. and the 12 grenades, Alot of people must of been chucking grenades in that match, maybe also some of ur team.

3. And the indecator showing full white.. Could mean your on the other side of a wall, or an object the grenade is behind, thats why you dont get damaged.

4. Throwing back the grenade normaly works for me. You might of chucked your own grenade by mistake, This is a mistake i some times make, by chucking my grenade then realsing i was moving so quick that i missed the grenade on the floor..

5. I don't have a 5th but I feel that the indicator should be my best friend as it follows me around so much.

I have run into some serious issues with this game but I still really enjoy playing though some of the bugs can be a really problem. At least I only have 2 more missions left to do then I can just deal with the grenade indicator online rather than in campaign again.

I haven't much to say except these are my exact thoughts too.

Hm, sounds weird, ive only played for a while, But il try and explain what mite of happened at the time.

1. Invisible Grenades - On COD4 not 100% About COD5. But if you we're above the grenade it would not show up, Maybe your on high ground. Before i was glitching on top of a wall, in a priave match, som1 dropped a marty dom next to me, on the floor by wall, i fort it wasnt near me, and i died.

2. and the 12 grenades, Alot of people must of been chucking grenades in that match, maybe also some of ur team.

3. And the indecator showing full white.. Could mean your on the other side of a wall, or an object the grenade is behind, thats why you dont get damaged.

4. Throwing back the grenade normaly works for me. You might of chucked your own grenade by mistake, This is a mistake i some times make, by chucking my grenade then realsing i was moving so quick that i missed the grenade on the floor..

The guy is talking about doing the campaign on veteran mate!

1. 13!! grenade indicators on my screen while hiding away from the germans.

2. Invisible grenades and the annoying part is seeing this info on the screen "when you see a grenade indicator ........".

3. Never ending grenade indicator, it even showed up when I ran away and kept doing that untill the end of the level.

4. ---

5. ---

1. On "Heart of the Reich", having a ring of 6 grenades form around my position leaving me absolutely nowhere to run.

2. Getting blown up from a grenade even when it's right in front of the cover and I'm behind it.

3. For experimental purposes, having a nade plop right down in front of me, yet I see no grenade indicator.

4. Unless, the enemy cooks their grenades too, sometimes the nades have different timers meaning one nade thrown at me will have a 3 second fuse while another will have a 1 second.

5. Perfecting my nade dodging skills by running up to enemy lines moving from cover to cover and when my position is flanked with grenades, on my way to my previous cover position even more grenades will be waiting for me (meaning I'm dead).

LoL. I finished all levels on Veteran and the worst for me was the Heart of Reigh.

1. I had the circle of grenades around me a few times.

2. The most i have counted was 6-7 grenade indicator

3. I found that proning on stairs usually saved me from quite a few grenades.

4. I shot, one kill by random enemies that they are so far i couldn't even reach

5. Grenade toss by the german from so far away that even my own toss will not reach him.

I'm on about campaign not multiplayer. I do perfectly well online and if it rains grenades it only happens once in a while because of the teams of clans who suck and it's there only way to get kills.

it's interesting to see how many people have issues and where their issues happen. It seems the Reich is where most people get stuck. That level is a nightmare but it is doable if you take your time.

as for the grenades at my feet i do pick them up as they vanish off the floor but when the button is thrown nothing happens them boom, sat in a pile of my own mess with that lovely death scene.

Positive of this. I know it isn't 2 grenades as i prone a lot and they just rand right in front of me. It's just another issue in the game that I have run into. Also if there were more than 1 grenade I would hear or see it. This has happened to me a few times and confirm there isn't multiple grenades landing :)

1. My favorite, I was surrounded on all four sides be grenades, with little arrows pointing at me from every direction.

2. When all at one time, about 6 grenades basically fell from the sky. It was one of those parts where if you stand up to run away all 15 enemies simultaneously take your head off (you can stay alive for about 0.25 seconds) so I just sort of accepted defeat and kamikazied as well as I could by running at the enemy with a cooked grenade.

3. Pretty much every part of Blowtorch and Corkscrew. The enemies will shoot at you, but they also go into throw grenades as if he is behind cover mode because of all of the grass, if you crouch.

4. When for about 20 seconds the enemy gave me a perfect flow of throwbacks. They would throw one, I would toss it back, then they threw another just in time for me to get a throwback. This happened over and over again. I believe I was on the level where you are assaulting the caves, I was on the part where you had to follow the flame tank up the hill.

5. When I walked around a doorway and ran into about 4 explosions that instantly killed me. I saw the indicators at the last second but the grenades had already been cooked on the ground so much, by the time I I realized they were there, I had gotten too close and they killed me before I could do anything.

Didnt think the grenades were overdone like most think. I found that if you are getting naded constantly, you arent finding time to shoot the guys throwing them. Heart of Riech is a prime example. I beat that mission on Veteran in 2 hours.

I did die a few times to invisible grenades though!

See I managed to do the Riech in about an hour. I'm not complaining at all in this post, the whole idea was to get people to post there best or worst moments.

I have had some rather interesting encounters with grenades but they don't bother me as much as some of the AI which can shoot though things you can't but either way this game is no where near as hard as some games i've played. I do think the grenades are a little much, it's pretty annoying how if you have 1 guy in front of you he can throw anywhere from 3 to 10 grenades, can't say it's realistic but hey maybe next time treyarch will take all this talk into consideration and use the feedback in their next game.