Truly 1 of the most underrated games ever, if u need to be convinced 2 get this, read

asnaz11

After hearing the horrible reviews, I didn't really think about this game. However, if I wasn't so ignorant at first about the game and if I actually knew what the game was about, I would have ignored the reviews and got it. But eventually I read about it online and figured why not, so I rented it a while ago (probably at least a year) and instantly from the get-go it was a game I loved. I asked for it for Christmas and I just beat the game on hard yesterday again, and I had a blast, even though I had played through it before.

I cannot stress enough how much of an underrated game this is. I'm really quite irritated at magazines like EGM who gave this a 3/10. I mean good lord, the game's worth 30 bucks in my opinion, easily. Of course, reviews are completely subjective, but I'm almost angry at the game magazines/big sites that gave this game below 5/10. This game is truly awesome. I love games like Call of Duty 1/2/3/4/5, Halo 1/2/3, Black, Far Cry 2, Doom 3, and other FPS, but this game is so unique and really is such a blast to play.

Things I liked about this game;

-Graphics are amazing. People who complain about them must be spoiled silly or something with other games, I was really impressed with the graphics here. This game seriously ranks top on my list of best graphics in a game, whether you agree with me or not.

-Guns/Weapons are sweet. There's quite a variety, from Machine Pistols to even Katanas (I love Church!!), Miniguns to a G36 Assault Rifle fitted with a Shotgun as a secondary weapon (I love this thing), a Sniper Rifle with a Grenade Launcher as well as Dual Desert Eagles w/extended clips that can either be fitted with Explosive, Fragment, or Regular rounds, a SMG with a telescopic sight which can point out enemy weaknesses, grenades which can be set to 4 different modes (remote, 2 second, impact, and proximity), and a .50 caliber pistol as a sidearm.

-The powers of each team member are unique and awesome. The animations/graphics for each power is done very well and the resulting effects are awesome! Let's see, we got a:

-Witch chick who uses a knife to carve her own blood and can create either a Fire Ward, which sets enemies on fire, or a Blood Ward, which binds enemies with weird blood rope things and freezes them for a short period of time.

-A "Pyromancer" Sgt who has a huge thing on his arm which releases a flame spirit that resembles a snake which sets enemies on fire and flies around (is pretty much homing), and has a fire barrier which makes him invulnerable to fire.

-A "Reality Hacker" chick which can slow down time or uses a "firestorm" which makes the team's weapons more powerful for a short period of time. She also "updates/downloads" the team with ammo automatically.

-A Psychic man who can use "Astral Projection" to jump out of his body and posses others in order to open doors and other stuff. Once possesing an enemy, he can bind together the team's powers (such a telekenesis) to open doors and stuff.

-A telekenetic chick who can use a "Ghost Bullet" which slows down time for you, and basically is like a Guided Missile, but a bullet you can use to guide into enemies heads for ownage headshots. She also uses Telekenesis to move large objects like piles or rubble or boulders in the way.

-The "Father" exorcist who can heal downed teammates from long range, using a blue ball of energy conjured from his hands, and can curse enemies, causing enemies' health to regenerate teammates if they hit the enemy with conventional weapons.

-The controls are incredibly easy to learn. I have the game on the highest sensitivty, but the controls are tight, responsive, and almost perfect feeling in my opinion. Simply put, the left and right bumpers are the two different powers for each teammate, the left trigger is secondary weapon and the primary weapon is right trigger, y is turn flashlight on, left and right on the D-Pad control the two squads in the team (they are split up 3 on each squad, it's like Rainbow Six Vegas, you hit left or right on the D-pad and the squads will head to that location), up and down on the D-Pad control "Follow Me" and "Hold position," respectively, b is melee attack, and zoom is clicking in the right thumbstick. to switch characters either hold a and pick one or have your crosshair over the desired teammate and hit A.

-The story is actually well done. Even the reviews that bashed this game noted the story was well done, thanks to Clive Barker. I actually cared about the characters, and while the ending fight is shocking, the actual ending sucks, but there's 2 sequels planned as this is a trilogy, so seeing a cliffhanger ending really shouldn't be that surprising.

-Pretty cool boss battles. I won't mention any, as I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but they're awesome. There are truly some epic moments (I like the last boss battle a lot)

Things I didn't like;

-No vibration in the controller when shooting guns. I was incredibly disappointed, this game would have been much better if there was vibration, as in some parts of the game (rarely), there are instances when your controller vibrates, which makes absolutely no sense at all.

-No multiplayer/Co-op. Would have been a freakin amazing co-op game, I hope they make it co-op for the next game. Still a great Single Player Experience, though.

-Somewhat repetitive enemy types. The enemies are fun to fight, but there isn't much variety, other than the bosses. Rarely do you see a lot of variety in the enemy types, but it's nothing to discourage you from getting the game, there's a fair amount of enemy types and bosses, although you sometimes end up fighting the same enemy for several levels.

-Somewhat repetitive level design. Not as bad as, say Halo 1 (I still love the game though), but pretty repetitive. Again, nothing to really worry about, but I feel there was some repetition.

All in all, this game is simply put amazing. I was so impressed by it, and I know a lot of others feel this way. This game is definitely worth a rent, if not a buy (it's very cheap these days). I've heard people say they bought this game for 7 bucks and were "cheated out of my money," but wow, don't listen to them. This game is easily worth 30 bucks, if not 7 to rent it, so I suggest you guys go out and get it!!!!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. This game was just a victim of bad timing. Other cooler games were coming out at the same time and it just never seemed to catch on. This really is a great game to play especially single player. I just recently picked it up again and it's really fun.

Yep. No matter how many "big" games (Gears of War, Halo for example) come out, I still enjoy the "small" ones thoroughly. I also enjoyed "Legendary" a lot as well. I'm not sure what games came out when Jerico did, but it still remains to this day one of my favorite games!! I just made this topic so hopefully people will at least rent it.

• 4 weeks later...

people this game is truly something , i would highly recommend it

for many different reasons:

1. it is a great game

2. it is fairly cheap now

3.unique character

the only have 2 bad point i have against this game is that on part of the game i get slightly bored and no LIVE OR MULTIPLAYER AT ALL.

I am a huge fan of 1st person shooting games but I also like games with a good story line like RPG. This has both. The story line is really unique and I have to say I really enjoyed this game. I am with these guys on saying that it is an underrated game.

For the easy achievements, and how low price it is now. I would have to say this is one of the games that everyone should atleast try, if only for the easy 1000 achievment score

The game is ten times more fun with the cheats to, just thought Id throw that in there. Ive always really liked this game and have always spewed that its a way under rated game. People usually just laugh at me though :( :p In fact, when I traded in like 50 of my 60 games a little while back, this is one of the only games I kept. I will say that the ending is horrible, id put it up there with Gears 2's ending.

• 2 weeks later...

I really think this game could have been so much better if they spent more time on it.

First off the story could be so much better. Sure the premise behind it is fantastic but the way its told and portrayed is just terrible. This brings up the levels....

None of the levels were creative rather just a linear path through extremely dark (I realize they were meant to be) corridors.

Also the switching between characters...its a cool idea but poorly used. It was pretty much given when you had to switch and the game just told you who. Instead of making it a "go about it how you want to" the game just said...ok we need the big guy to open this door.

The combat was alright, the guns were all cool. I do like the idea of a second function on weapons.

Overall, i'm glad I paid 12 dollars for it. For 12 dollars its worth playing...but not a good game per se.

An underrated game sure, but a great game no. It sucks too, because the foundation is PERFECT. The idea behind the story, the thought of switching between multiple very different characters, control mechanics, everything. But the setup and execution are two very different things, and it really shows in this case. Never before have I loved a story but at the same time HATE all but one of the characters. I didn't like anyone other than Captain Ross, they either had painfully cliche one-liners or a "I Want To Be Hated" attitude. The enemies were all the same, and the level design was terrible. When I get lost in a linear level made up of corridors, there needs to be a rethinking of level design. It's not clear where you need to go, and while you're supposed to be traveling throughout different time periods, they all look the same. I would love a sequel, but they need to work out some of those kinks.

I may have to try this now. You guys are very persuasive. Always contemplated playing it. I never listen to gaming magazines on their ratings because some of the best games will be the worst rated...or they will rate Halo and GTA 4 10/10 only because of the "big" name. I like getting other gamers' perspectives on games because that is the only thing that counts when you are thinking about buying them.

Okay, I just finished this game last night. And while I do agree that it is a bit underrated, it is far from a stellar title, imo.

I'm not really sure how you can say the graphics are so great. It's one of the worst uses of the Unreal engine I've seen in a while. Areas not being looked at are blurry to the point of being distracting.

The story kinda had me going for a bit, but there was no follow-through. It certainly had the underlyings of a good story, but it wasn't fleshed out. And the ending? What the hell's up with the ending? So the remaining Jericho members are just floating in the ocean? Silly. Someone compared the ending to the ending of Gears 2, but at least in Gears 2, you had a solid understanding of what happened to the key characters.

Overall, I would rate Jericho a 6.5/10.

If you want to play a game that is really underrated, check out Bourne.

This is for sure one of the most underrated games. I recently saw it, and picked up just to try it, it's amazing.

It's refreshing to see more non-war games [because we all knows 360 decided to released some sort of war game every fucking week] and a game this is so unique. It's like COD meets Resident Evil, meets the occult.

By far, a brilliant game.

To anyone who is planning to buy this game, I highly recommend the special edition. It's the exact same price, but it comes with an awesome art book, and a DVD which is probably the best game DVD I have seen.

This is the kind of game you can really get wrapped up in, because it has a unique, complex, and involved story line. Probably one of the best I have seen since Star Wars: KOTOR or Perfect Dark for N64. So the DVD kind of completes everything that you could know about this game. Most Gamestops will have it, special edition, for $20.

I just bought it, and I must say it's decent, but definitely not the most underrated game. For the 360, I would go with either of the Condemned games.

To anyone who is planning to buy this game, I highly recommend the special edition. It's the exact same price, but it comes with an awesome art book, and a DVD which is probably the best game DVD I have seen.

This is the kind of game you can really get wrapped up in, because it has a unique, complex, and involved story line. Probably one of the best I have seen since Star Wars: KOTOR or Perfect Dark for N64. So the DVD kind of completes everything that you could know about this game. Most Gamestops will have it, special edition, for $20.

I returned it because the damn thing wouldn't close and my OCD kicked in. I just got the regular edition.