This is the easiest way to get Expert

n8ryder

After hours of frustration trying to rank up to Expert and trying Player and Ranked matches, I think I have found the easiest solution to rank up online.

What you need: a boosting buddy, a wired controller or a play & charge kit, and a good night's rest.

Just create a Player match for 2 people. We picked Omaha, No Limit just because there is less people playing Omaha but any game type should do. Then choose the highest starting amount of cash ($25,000), set the blinds for $1/$2, no ante, no observers, and a 10 second timer for in between turns. All other options do not matter.

Start the match with your buddy and you'll notice that when the 10 second timer expires, one player will automatically fold. It will go back and forth for hours, each exchanging winned hands. Now just leave it alone for a number of hours and it will do all the work for you.

Eventually you will keep ranking up because winning hands count, not just matches won. I left it, went to sleep, and came back 8 hours later and the game was finished and I had Expert rank. I Hope this helps a lot of you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by n8ryder

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
From what i understand its just unlocked after a certain amount of time or hands played. Is the boosting meant to just make that go by quicker or is time not a factor for the achievement?

:confused::confused::confused:

sorry im confused about what you're asking. im guessing why you need a boosting partner instead of doing it alone? if that is it, then i ask where are you playing alone, w/o a boosting buddy. its an online ach. so no offline career and i dont think an online room would stay full of people all night.

regarding if it takes a certain amount of time: consider the played hands.... points. if you get enough points, you keep leveling up to expert. im pretty sure you dont get as many points as winned pots, knocking out players, etc. but they still all add up and will eventually get you to that expert rank.

Hmm, im just following the achievement guide, it says it will unlock after 20 hours of playing both ranked and player matches and has nothing to do with true-skill, i've seen people with true-skill of 26 and not have the achievement. Ive also seen people with 21 who have the expert achievement. I'm asking if i need to find a boosting partner to make the 20 hours go by quicker or if the achievement guide is wrong and you have to win the hands to get it. Just today i was playing in a ranked game and i wasn't even in the hand and once the hand had ended i got Professional.

EDIT: OHH so what your saying is that it takes roughly 20 hours to amass the points needed to reach that rank?

Edited by Infomouse

my boosting partner and i were way different tru skills so i dont think it matters. but do what u want to do, i was just throwing a trick out there that absolutely worked to the tee for me. i would say get a buddy and leave it sit over night 1 time and give it a shot. i was skeptical abt it just like u are probally right now and i was shocked to see it worked when i came back in the morning. or u can try playing legitimitely and it may take a bit longer (like the guide says)

EDIT: i dont know anything abt the 20 hour statement in the guide. to tell u the truth, i didnt look at the guide at all having experience w/ the 1st WSOP game. since i played online a little bit before doing the overnight trick, u might have 2 leave it on a 2nd nite but you should see u gained some ranks atleast, getting closer to expert. i mean it doesnt have to be overnight, just any long amount time.

Edited by n8ryder

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/389/UPu93Hk=.jpgExpert Player45 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgEarn the Expert Rank by playing Xbox LIVE Matches

Around 20 online hours by my estimations. This would be very tough to boost with only two people but possible with a group, and again all of these can be obtained via ranked or player matches. Don't pay attention to the ranked leaderboards to try and track it.

I wish someone could really try this strategy out besides me and my friend, and post their results. So far no one has responded and said if it worked or not for them. Like I said many times though, and you just have to trust my word, this strategy worked perfectly.

heres my opinion--3 factors that could make the guide's tip differ so much from my tactic:

a) it/they did not know that just playing hands contributed to leveling up, not just winning and playing good.

b) playing with more people gives you a better chance of knocking out people out and winning hands. this is all based on legitimate play. the better you are, the more takedowns, the more points, and the faster u level up.

c) the guide is probally old as dirt. new strategies, work-arounds, etc. always come along when people find out new ways to beat the system (i needed to find one because when i was playing legit, i could sense it would take forever, prob close to the 20 hours the guide states, and i definitely was not going to trudge thru it)

• 3 months later...

i dont get this game. It took me about 90 minutes to get expert using this method starting from novice (having played for about 2 hours before). Got recreational within like 10 minutes, got professional in another 30 minutes, finally expert in about extra 50 minutes.

My boosting partner however, was already professional when we started, and havent got it yet (we are about 2 hours into it as im writing)

You can leave it and go to sleep, i cant however since i have a wireless controller, so im going every 15 minutes to check... still, i have doubt if you actually need your controller on... it doesnt kick you out if the contorller turns off, and it seems to keep playing, im not sure about this one.

Oh and by the way, we used texas holdem instead omaha, all other settings the same...

Edited by kiomx

• 11 months later...

I am trying to find someone to try this method with. Im East Coast USA...Lets give it a try. GT: GHETTO BLASTER4

UPDATE: I can confirm that this method works I was a level 24 after playing 2-4 hours or so Legit (and this was about 2 years ago). I decided to go for it one last time and my boosting partner was a fresh level 0. We both got it....though contrary to other reports mine popped first.

Edited by GHETTO BLASTER4
UPDATE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This technique worked like a charm for me. Also, it only took about 3-3.5 hours...not 8. I went in with 2 nascent accounts, followed the instructions from this thread, and had the 3 achievements in just a few hours. Also, the controllers shut off, but the game still plays on. Thanks :)

Edited by The Massacrerer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...