Achievement Guide

CaptainFuntimes

Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode 2

Achievement Guide

Millionaire – Collect one million dollars in cash. 15G

When in Riverbrook Estates, you’ll fight a man who drops an ATM card. Use it on the ATM in front of him and put in the pin 361.

Moving On Up – Collect the Wealthy key. 15G

On the desk of the first boss.

Arsonist – Burn down the Riverbrook Apartments. 15G

Win the second boss fight.

Endgame – Collect a ticket for the World’s fair. 15G

Win the third boss fight.

Can’t Nobody Hold You Down – Defeat the final boss of the game. 15G

Stay alive until you reach the cutscene. After the cutscene, use the A button ability to slow it down. Then, use Y button. Finish it off with the X button attack. Be quick or the boss will heal itself.

Steel Cannibal – Spend robot parts to upgrade all weapons. 20G

Be warned, this achievement is glitchy and sometimes won't unlock. Kill most of the robots in the game to get their parts. In the Sanitarium, there are a pair of manacles for Gabe's last upgrade. Anne Clair will upgrade your weapons for you. When Anne Clair leaves, you can upgrade your weapons at the Ameliorator at the fair.

Lab Assistant – Complete Dr. Stripe’s and Dr. Wimple’s missions. 15G

(Thanks Firegod83)

Dr. Stripe (Mime with the Top Hat) is located in the ‘Symposium on the Future of Man’ and wants his wedding ring back. Say that you will find the ring for him. Go to Riverbrook Estates and you find a couple in front of the locked gate of the apartments. Talking to them you will see that the lady has the ring you are looking for. Tell them to give it to you and engage them in combat. You just need to kill the woman and the fight will be over. Return the ring to Dr. Stripe and half of this achievement is done.

Later in the game, the scientists move into the big room. Dr. Wimple wants you to have the other scientists sign a petition. The petition needs to be signed in a precise order. The Dr. Uno (Scientist below Dr. Stripe) is first, then Dr. Stripe, Dr. Twee (Explorer Outfit), then Dr. Drei (White Lab Coat), then Dr. Quatromain (Mustache), finally have Dr. Blood sign it. Return the petition to Dr. Wimple and get the achievement.

Reluctant Hero - At the beginning of the episode, refuse to join Gabe and Tycho 5 times. 5G

When starting a new game, Gabe and Tycho try to get you to rejoin them for more escapades. Deny them 5 times to get this achievement.

The Strength to Rule - Kill enough enemies to earn the XP needed for all party members to reach Level 30. 20G

If you kill everyone in the game, you’ll get it.

POWER SURRRGE! - Block enemy attacks and get one party member's hit counter up to 40. 25G

Frustrating if your not good at blocking. To get this achievement, use Gabe to pummel his opponents with regular attacks and counterattack/block all attacks. If Gabe misses or only gets a partial block, the hit counter resets. Be sure to save before every battle while getting this achievement so if you do miss a block, you won’t have to keep starting over. I used Gabe because he is the fastest and “Lightnin’ Juice” only makes him faster.

Pack Rat Strikes Back - Only use items to win a fight. No attacks or counter attacks allowed. 25G

When you will get an item called “White Christmas," it kills early game robots with one hit. When fighting the robots, uses these items to a quick victory and this achievement.

Pervert - Inspect a pair of withered binoceros testicles with genuine enthusiasm. 15G

After defeating the first boss, you will see a pair of balls on the wall behind his desk. Inspect them 5 times for this achievement.

Edited by CaptainFuntimes

For "Steel Cannibal" you do not need to kill anywhere near all of the Fruit Fuckers, I accidently skipped a few and decided I'd rather finish the game then go around finding them and I still was able to fully upgrade.

Yes, I realized this after I upgraded all the the weapons and found more of them near the endboss. I'll make the edit.

It says I have all of the robot parts...I have upgraded all weapons to max (says so on my clipboard) and I did not get the achievement...do you have ti kill every fruit fucker? Are there some located in the giant piece of fruit at the worlds fair?

I've got this problem as well. It's not unlocked for me yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I found it easiest to complete Power Surge by entering a fight, striking an opponent, and then fleeing. If you save after each event it will take only about 20 minutes depending on how many times you have to reload due to missed block attempts at the beginning of fights.

This is easiest to do by turning on the tutorial at the beginning and then hitting and fleeing (when fleeing is first introduced).

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This [POWER SURRRGE!] is easiest to do by turning on the tutorial at the beginning and then hitting and fleeing (when fleeing is first introduced).

Thanks for the tip.

I got this game back when it was released but didn't get around to completing it yet. I wasn't looking forward to this achievement at all.

Took maybe 20-30 mins or so to get in that tutorial section. Hit, flee, save. Reloading if they managed to hit Gabe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Thanks for the tip.

I got this game back when it was released but didn't get around to completing it yet. I wasn't looking forward to this achievement at all.

Took maybe 20-30 mins or so to get in that tutorial section. Hit, flee, save. Reloading if they managed to hit Gabe.

I just did this too, great tip indeed!