Official Bitching Thread

I love this game but OMG I need to bitch about it!

Ok, FIRST is the main menu!!! I made a crappy upload studio video just because I had nobody to bitch at! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W07Uj0f1yaU

I mean really? That's how my awesome next gen game starts?

Now I've learned that I could have quit the game to get to the real menu but THAT KIND OF MENU IS STUPID! I get they wanted me to dive in but I'll go at my own pace Capcom.

Now that I'm playing the game I am loving the atmosphere. However, y'know what's a good way to kill your suspense? THE DAMN DOOR FADES TO BLACK TO OPEN! WHY!? Is it to hide Moira warping to me? It's a video game nobody gives a damn that you teleported my A.I. Partner. How else would they get to me quick.

My next thing is why is blinking red while dying so hard to look at?? Is it just me or is it like too heavy on the red? It never bothered me in other games but this one I'm blinking in Heavy Red and I have no herbs. I'm getting angry being alone in a dark room because I'm seeing red! Lighten up on the red!

I think I'm done bitching.... Oh wait no I'm not remember Revelations 1 scanning? Annoying but tolerable. How to improve the scanning feature for part 2 I'm sure capcom wondered but IT WASN'T SWITCH TO PARTNER TO SHINE A DAMN LIGHT ON IT.

Let Claire find crap on her own! Moira needed a purpose I get it but light and stun enemies is good enough! Isn't it?

I need to rest I'm tired of complaining.... 7/10 Revelations 2 fun but FULL OF MINOR MOMENTS OF WHY. Why Moments.... Moments in a game where when you do it a "Why" falls out of your mouth........

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clair looks ugly/goofy:

ttp://i.ytimg.com/vi/rexnvg_OJfg/0.jpg

Graphics in general seem like something from early 360.

>Pixelated grass

No online at launch is stupid.

No global leaderboards, just friends. (From what I saw anyway.)

The costumes are kind of bad nerd pandering. (Think Dead or Alive 5) No unlockable ones is stupid too.

Un-needed MT's. Don't care that the game is segmented but the heart crystals are beyond dumb as is the guns and extra storage space.

Kind of annoying to see "Checking DLC" when I went to get my new gun from the Jukebox. Didn't they check that when I started the mode?

Great game otherwise. Ton of fun in Raid.

Oooooh nooo :biglaugh you didn't, well here it goes:

1. Graphics on the Xbox One look like graphics on the Xbox360, i.e. totally shit and not justified for nowadays next-gen gaming.

2. This should be my first point but hell. Claire looks like crap, even Moira, Gina & Natalia are looking better than her. Who ever was responsible for her face editing/creation has to be put in a box in the deepest hole on earth with a infinite loop of Resident Evil Degenartion, so he/she exactly knows what she should look like. Dumbfuck!

3. Now I really like the raid mode, one of the reasons I bought this game, already loved it in the first part. But those level recycling from previous RE games is just lazy and poor development.

4. The controls are feeling kinda off too, worst than RE6 for sure. Not that I have a big trouble with them but still a reason to bitch about.

5. The story, I mean come on, same shit we already seen in all the other games. A island, starting in a prison cell, etc. Also making one of the hottest character so far to die right in the first 15min. of the game is just simply lame!

6. Fucking hate it that you are not able to use the menu while getting attacked or reloading. If they already using levels from RE6 use at least the same game mechanis, idiots.

7. I wish to change the reticle color just as in the first game. Also more playable raid characters please and more alternate costumes. 15 aren't enough.

Now you might ask, why even bother with this game. Hell I play every single RE game that is available.

To be continued...

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

My only real complaint so far is I don't like how they spread the achievements. Freaking 1960 gamescore and Raid mode gets only 3 achievements!?!?!

Wish the list had a lot more love for Raid mode, cause I plan to spend a lot of time there, and dominate my friends leaderboard for medals earned.

i hate the fact that they left the online part out of the game. 1 the A.i partner is dumb and 2 have to solo play raid mode. why they didnt put online in straight away il never know.

i hate the shine the light (or point with the magic finger) to find items

i agree with everyone here i dont like how claire looks.

i love raid mode but it feels lazy to me (so far) i mean every single level is just a rehashed Re6 or that 1 map from revelations 1. the zombies are pretty much copied and pasted from re6 too so is the movement, but mainly i dont really like how most stages are just 1 area. i liked in rev 1 where you would start at A fight your way to B and there was optional rooms along the way, felt like you could explore a bit more you know what i mean.

plenty more stages to come tho, i just hope they are not dominated by re6 maps. no one liked re6 you would think they didnt wanna remind us of it

the microtransactions. fine let some bad player buy lifes what ever but weapon, parts and evaluation storage space come on man at least let us earn the extra space. no damn way im spending money on storage

raid mode got no love achievements wise. im still gonna well already have been smashing the hell out of it i have to wait for more stages to release. have all medallions with hunk. still would of been nice to have achievements.

oh and i hate the fact that the game is episodic. im not playing any more of the story until its all out just gonna play raid mode

something else is annoying me.....i just cant place my finger on it. il be back if i remember what it is.

is it just me or is raid mode just crazy easy? i think thats what is annoying me. i wanna see a level like ghost ship or something similar

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

. no one liked re6 you would think they didnt wanna remind us of it

I just don't understand people....

What the hell was wrong with RE6? That game was hella good. Far from perfect but nowhere near terrible.

I agree that they borrowed too much from RE6 but I love the fact that they used some of RE6 to make the game (and oddly a dash of Lost Planet 2).

RE6 had an amazing mercenaries mode and a great cast of characters. Multiplayer wise the only good mode was the one the developers compared to Puzzle Fighter and I really wish that would have made a return here.

No such thing as a bad RE game ;) they are all unique in their own way with some better (or much better) than others.

I try not to let my diehard love for RE affect my opinion on the crap that appears in Resident Evil games but every RE game I play I bitch about each minor thing here and there but in the end I love the game for what it is.

I just don't understand people....

What the hell was wrong with RE6? That game was hella good. Far from perfect but nowhere near terrible.

I agree that they borrowed too much from RE6 but I love the fact that they used some of RE6 to make the game (and oddly a dash of Lost Planet 2).

RE6 had an amazing mercenaries mode and a great cast of characters. Multiplayer wise the only good mode was the one the developers compared to Puzzle Fighter and I really wish that would have made a return here.

No such thing as a bad RE game ;) they are all unique in their own way with some better (or much better) than others.

I try not to let my diehard love for RE affect my opinion on the crap that appears in Resident Evil games but every RE game I play I bitch about each minor thing here and there but in the end I love the game for what it is.

i was kinda looking at it from a resident evil point of view which to me resident evil is survival horror.

in all honesty i did put around 220 hours into re6, i did enjoy the game but for the wrong reasons. it was a good coop game and i do love me some mercenaries and the 1v1 onslaught was fun.... but the game was a far cry from survival horror and thats what i always loved about resident evil.

im probly giving off mixed signals about how i feel about re6 its kinda hard to get my actual opinion on it across lol.

but i do counter the no such thing as a bad resident evil game with the one and only resident evil gun survivor 2 that game was just.....man i dont even wanna go there haha

plenty more stages to come tho, i just hope they are not dominated by re6 maps. no one liked re6 you would think they didnt wanna remind us of it

Yeah but they really did. Don't get me wrong it gave me a good nostalgic feeling but I was also looking forward to something new. Somehow those maps for me looked worst than in RE6 when it comes to graphics.

is it just me or is raid mode just crazy easy? i think thats what is annoying me. i wanna see a level like ghost ship or something similar

Nah for real, IT IS TOTALLY EASY. Nothing compared to the first one. I already noticed this with the REVIVES you can get/buy and the MEDALS, non for "getting not hit once" which actually makes things way easier.

Even if you lower your level for certain stages you still can kill them enemies quickly enough.

Nah for real, IT IS TOTALLY EASY. Nothing compared to the first one. I already noticed this with the REVIVES you can get/buy and the MEDALS, non for "getting not hit once" which actually makes things way easier.

Even if you lower your level for certain stages you still can kill them enemies quickly enough.

yeah the revives are pretty stupid. they also make you reckless well they made me reckless anyway. wont catch me buying lives tho thats for sure.

the not getting hit medal, damn that was a bitch of a medal lol now its dont use a herb which isnt much of a problem. you can increase you health or put vampire on all your guns to keep your health up too

I'm not gonna doubt raid mode yet as it has a TON of levels so difficulty could escalate once the other episodes are out.
yeah with you on that its too early and over time i hope it gets really hard and who knows what kinda suprise maps they have in store for us. time will tell i guess.

It's third highest selling Capcom game doe.

it was? thats suprising. i never actually looked at sales figures i kinda just assumed it sold bad because of the wide spread hate. every one hates on that game like crazy. in fact paralyzer is the first guy in a long time iv heard say something positive about.

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

it was? thats suprising. i never actually looked at sales figures i kinda just assumed it sold bad because of the wide spread hate. every one hates on that game like crazy. in fact paralyzer is the first guy in a long time iv heard say something positive about.
Case of vocal minority.

Want to know their number one seller? RE5.

Nothing is wrong with either of the games either. Objectively the games ran well and were fun to play but subjectively they were "bad Resident Evil games". Certain people have a problem admitting that and they just let the subjective part blanket the objective.

It's third highest selling Capcom game doe.

Sales don't indicate if a game was well received by the general public. Assassin's Creed 3 is the highest selling game in the franchise and it's poor reception led to Black Flag selling far worse, even though it is known to be one of the most liked games in the entire series next to 2 and Brotherhood.

Most people buy because of brand recognition alone, or because they enjoy the marketing material, or because their friends bought it (or the last game) or a million other reasons.

When talking about the main titles of the franchise (that is Zero, 1, REmake, 2, 3, Code: Veronica, 4, 5 and 6), 6 has by far the smallest community of people actually thinking it was a great or even good game. And most of them only like it for the mercenaries mode, which really was outstanding and seemed to be build around the new control scheme unlike the main game.

And it's also hard to argue well that RE6's main campaign is not the weakest of the entire main titles in the series, even if you enjoyed it. It was a product created without a hollistic or even clear vision in mind, worked on by a few hundred people in different teams on different campaigns. It lacks focus, takes itself waaaayyyyyyy too serious in terms of story and has the weakest gamefeel in the entire series nest to Revelations (by that I mean the feel of the guns, the general controls, hit detection, enemy hit reaction, etc.).

-------

-------

But let's talk Revelations 2. Oh boy, this is kind of a mess. First of all, the episodic split between releasing episodes is a terrible idea and the start doesn't really hook you enjoy to warrent the wait, even if it's only a week. No online coop from the start is also awful.

My biggest gripe with the title is gamefeel. Oh man, I haven't played something with such week gamefeel in a looooong time. Hitting enemies gives you nearly no feedback at all. The starting gun for Claire feels like a softair. I get no reaction from enemies and sometimes it's even hard to tell if they died or taking damage at all. Look at RE4 or 5, bot basically using the same feedback mechanics. Fuck, does it feel great to even shoot a pistol or to punch some stupid infected in the head. They fly away in just the right way, with the camera working in perfect angles. You get a clear visual information and not just a badly overlayed blood spatter animation. Revelations 2 also lacks any form of audio feedback. Again, listen to the animalistic sounds of the enemies in RE4. They used cat noises. It works really fucking well. Enemies disappearing or having clear dying animations helped, too.

Another weak point is dodging. It was terribly implemented in the upgraded version of the first Revelations (worked perfect on the 3DS, though). You couldn't always get it to work and since it was context sensitive without clear telegraphing, developing a kind og muscle memory was damn near impossible. So I was filled with joy when I saw they implemented a dedicated dodge button, even with for distinct directions. But now it is broken in another way. In Rev 1, when you got the dodge to work, you dodged. Here, it's so unclear how to dodge and in what directions that it feels unfair when you time it perfectly, but your character still get's hit. No I-Frames is a stupid idea and to need further skill levels for increasing the distance is just retarded. Doing needs I-Frame, otherwise your game needs to be build around it, which Rev 2 clearly isn't.

Next thing. main menu looks kinda cool but clashes styles with the inventory. It's supposed to be a horror game, give us something that fits into that style. Like the fucking pause menu. Fuck, Capcom, does anybody actually care anymore?

Oh, and the coop integration is also stupid. Having to switch bewteen characters just so I can pick up an item that I first have to point my finger or flashlight at is beyond insane. What is there to gain? What do I get from it as a player? It just makes looking for items for tedious. The system worked so well in Rev 1 and actually required some sort of skill. Now you just wait for some lame ruby to blink, change to either little girl and play Blue's Clues. I can't.... I just can't. It might work with two people, but when you sell us your amazing terrible episodic release structure without the ability to actually play coop in the now traditional way, I get the impression Capcom is run by throwing dice. And even if coop worked perfectly, it still cripples the singleplayer experience more than RE5 or 6 ever did. To even insist on using coop EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME while trying to create a real horror scenario is broken idea.

It this game didn't have Raid mode, it would be worse than Umbrella Chronicles. Especially after playing through REmake again recently about 10 times, this feels mediocre at best and shit the rest of the time.

I know I shouldn't care anymore. After 6, after Umbreall Chronicles, after Rev, after the awful awful movies and the terrible last three books I don't know why I care so, so much still. I call Resident Evil my favourite franchise even when it gets to a point where it consists of more games I don't enjoy than I actually like or even rave about. It always had its fair share of dodgy titles (Gun Surviror/2/Dead Aim, Gaiden or Outbreak) but the main titles were always a delight. And now the only great thing that came out of the franchise in the last 6 years was a remaster of a remake. Fuck, Capcom, get a grip. Is this how hardcore Sonic fans have felt for the last decade?

Edited by L0cke89

Case of vocal minority.

Want to know their number one seller? RE5.

Nothing is wrong with either of the games either. Objectively the games ran well and were fun to play but subjectively they were "bad Resident Evil games". Certain people have a problem admitting that and they just let the subjective part blanket the objective.

yeah thats true.

and yeah they were both fun coop games. have about 450 hours between re 5 and 6, they wasnt outright bad i just prefered the older classics

Another weak point is dodging. It was terribly implemented in the upgraded version of the first Revelations (worked perfect on the 3DS, though). You couldn't always get it to work and since it was context sensitive without clear telegraphing, developing a kind og muscle memory was damn near impossible. So I was filled with joy when I saw they implemented a dedicated dodge button, even with for distinct directions. But now it is broken in another way. In Rev 1, when you got the dodge to work, you dodged. Here, it's so unclear how to dodge and in what directions that it feels unfair when you time it perfectly, but your character still get's hit. No I-Frames is a stupid idea and to need further skill levels for increasing the distance is just retarded. Doing needs I-Frame, otherwise your game needs to be build around it, which Rev 2 clearly isn't.

i prefered the dodging in rev 1 i had that shit down especially in raid mode as hunk damn near untouchable. they toned it down a lot in this im not gonna judge it yet tho im gonna see if i can improve or find better timing

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

i prefered the dodging in rev 1 i had that shit down especially in raid mode as hunk damn near untouchable. they toned it down a lot in this im not gonna judge it yet tho im gonna see if i can improve or find better timing

Bravo Good Sir!!! Dodging was awesome in the 1st. Everyone who said it didn't work sucked ass and didn't understand how to use it hahaha

Bravo Good Sir!!! Dodging was awesome in the 1st. Everyone who said it didn't work sucked ass and didn't understand how to use it hahaha

yeah defo man the dodging on rev 1 was just well overpowered if you ask me. like you can literally go toe to toe with the last boss on ghost ship and stab it to death and not get hit thanks to that dodge lol

so for people to say the dodge sucked then they are doing something wrong lol

I think the game is excellent so far. But here's my "stuff i would change" or Bitch list or whatever

The Film Grain is annoying, I wish i could just turn it off

There's a "throwback pack" for Raid mode, yet the normal levels are all RE6 and 1 REREV1. So far only 1 Raid map is from this game.

Also REV1 Raid Mode was an Arcade spin on the story, this is more RE6 Mercenaries. Wish it was a mix of the 2, not one or the other

Also Cutting Edge (Knife Only Achievement) didn't pop for me until my 10th run so, fuck it. I got it now but god damn.

Overall, fun, easy (in terms of achievements, 1000g'd it by the day after release). I look forward to the weekly updates so I can continue with the raid mode and story.

ok

So we all seem to bitch about the level designs... Which I totally agree with haha.

So between Revelations 1 and 2 what are we all picking is best?

I think they both have strengths and weakness that hugely vary....

I honestly can't pick which Revelations is better

to be fair its too early to tell since we dont have everything. who knows what raid mode can add.

i do believe this raid mode has much much more life to it.

i mean rev 1 had 61 missions right? we already have 54 + we get daily missions plus we can individually level the characters...i like that.

as far as campaign tho its far too early to compare imo

I can very easily say that 2 missions per episode isn't enough.

The thing I enjoyed about Revelations was the ship acted as the Mansion. After you hit a certain point in the ship the game turned into a RE5 style mission and once that was complete it was back exploring a ship.

So far Claire and Barry tackled the same area just different paths at different times....

I enjoyed Episode 1 a lot as it wasn't a bad couple of missions... but if this is the formula for the rest of the levels then I can safely say it doesn't compare to Revelations 1

I can very easily say that 2 missions per episode isn't enough.

The thing I enjoyed about Revelations was the ship acted as the Mansion. After you hit a certain point in the ship the game turned into a RE5 style mission and once that was complete it was back exploring a ship.

So far Claire and Barry tackled the same area just different paths at different times....

I enjoyed Episode 1 a lot as it wasn't a bad couple of missions... but if this is the formula for the rest of the levels then I can safely say it doesn't compare to Revelations 1

yeah thats a good point if the game continues like this then its not gonna be that great compared to rev 1. story wise at least