So…Is All's Fare In Love & War Glitched or Not?

Awesomepants

I've looked through the other forums and sites and still can't find a definitive answer. It looks like some people got the phone call almost immediately, others after a while, and some never did. Is it glitched, or is there a pattern or what?

I've tried the following:

Bought it and sat around for an hour as Franklin and waited.

Changed to Michael and got the Kifflom achievement, then changed back to Franklin

Changed to Trever and got the TP Industries achievement, then changed back to Franklin.

I've done 5 normal fares as Franklin.

There is some speculation that after doing the Big Score, some of these issues get screwy, so currently, I am playing from a save point before the big score and am waiting.

Still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Don't just sit around and wait, and sleeping doesn't help.

Try getting a lap dance or seeing a movie and see if you get the call afterward.

People generally ignore this advice (I don't know why) but I've been able to get phone calls people said were glitched by doing this. So it's worth a shot, right?

Don't just sit around and wait, and sleeping doesn't help.

Try getting a lap dance or seeing a movie and see if you get the call afterward.

People generally ignore this advice (I don't know why) but I've been able to get phone calls people said were glitched by doing this. So it's worth a shot, right?

I dunno man. I've watched 2 movies, gotten 2 lap dances, switched to Trevor and founds some radioactive material, switched to Michael and found some submarine parts, switched back to Franklin and did 3 knife flights, drove out of the city to go play darts, now I've been hanging out in a cab for a half hour while surfing the internet. I even double checked my phone to make sure I haven't accidentally switched it to sleep mode.

Most people are saying it's not glitches, so it must have something to do with me or my system. But this is frustrating.

Yep. Finally got it. After my last rant, I bought 4 other properties, let the game run for a couple hours while I read a book, did all the knife flights, re-did all the under the bridges except for, apparently, one of them. Still can't figure out which one those I haven't done. Finally it came up.

Thanks for the support, folks!

The posters here don't know what they are talking about. Sorry for being sour, but I'm so sad that Rockstar f-d up this game for a bunch of people and keep putting out updates for the online mode instead of fixing single player.

I got one property call early on, missed it and then played tens of hours without getting any property calls/emails. I finally found one fix that seems to work (not every time, though, so remember to save just before attempting it). What has helped a bunch of people is finishing the towing missions from Tonya. That unlocks the towing company, save right before you buy it and hope for the best. After that, buy the towing property. On my first try, I immidiately got an email from Smoke on the water. On my fourth try (the previous ones didn't do jack) I immidiately got a call from the cab company.

However, the game still seems to be messed up: on my first try, I continued playing for a couple of hours without getting more than the first property call. If that wasn't enough, ALL of my texts and emails except the epsilon one across ALL characters got erased. Try doing the bounty hunter missions without the emails... I only kept playing for half an hour after the fourth try where I got the cab call , but didn't get any more property missions. Btw, does anyone know the approximate frequency of property calls/emails? Thanks in advance!

So don't tell me that the game isn't glitched, I've read enough on the support forums to know that I'm not the only one having these problems. Endgame is so empty for me now, it really bums me out dealing with this after playing and loving so many Rockstar games over the last decade or more...

I just loaded an old save (around 72%) in which I hadn't bought the company yet. Bought it, slept until it was Sunday morning, got in a car and got the call almost right away. The save I was using previously had the "no internet on phone" glitch so I figure the whole save was screwed up. Hope this helps someone!