Are you a FUT Junkie? Please help me!

Jamski

I've played a bit of FUT for the last couple of years, but never really got in to it. So I have a couple of questions and really just want the real basics answered to help me really get in to it. I'm sure once I 'get it' I'll be hooked, and I REALLY want to be hooked! :) All the info on here just blows my mind, so many words!!

So:

1. What's the best way to get good players? Gold packs, silver packs, marketplace?

2. What players should I go for to get chemistry? Same nationality, same team? Just seems like I'll end up with the Spanish or Barcelona squad??

3. Contracts, this is when I usually loose interest. Contract runs out and I have no more coins. What am I doing wrong?

and finally

4. Coins, how is the best way to earn these? Online, single player?

Please help and get me hooked. :)

Cheers,

James.

I'm not exactly the best person to give advice but I may aswell try.

1) It's complete luck getting players in packs. The best way is the 7,500 coins (150 FIFA points) pack. That comes with 3 rare cards boosting your chance of a decent player.

2) You can just use a mixture. Nationality or Team but also the same league can all build chemistry. So some players in the Spanish league may be German, then you can go ahead and link him to a German player and in turn link him to someone who plays in the German league etc. Just try and think of a team you would like and just begin there. I myself when for a Premier League team and just took off from there.

3) Spending too much money on players. Try and build a small team at first and make your way up, making sure to take care of your team. Packs usually come riddled with contracts.

4) Mixture of both. Easy coins are Single Player but it takes more games, therefore more contracts of your players. Multiplayer can earn you a few coins especially if you win tournaments etc.

Also, look in the EASFC catalogue and you can purchase coins after matches. Say after each match the game will give you 1,000 coins for 5 matches. That sort of thing can help you tick along nicely.

Don't fret if your team is crap. It's about fun, and the more fun you have the more time you'll play meaning you can only get better! :)

For the last few years I have used the following methods to build my team:

Start with English Bronzes, cheap 100 chem squad. Play the low difficulty cups and now single player seasons too. Unlock the EA 1000x10 games coin boost from the catalogue. Buy a few 400 coin bronze packs for the contracts and you'll probably even make a small profit.

The build a cheap BPL team. If you wait a few weeks after release prices will settle.

Start upgrading. There are normally obvious 'best' players in each position, so aim for them.

In relation to your questions:

1) Packs are a gamble, marketplace you get what you pay for. A mixture of the two is the most fun. 7.5K gold packs are the way to go but you can easily lose 5k per pack if you get crap cards.

2) Spain, Germany, England, Belgium and Brazil are good for hybrids. I tend to stick with BPL though.

3) Gold contracts are expensive, bronze contracts are cheap, play more with bronzes.

4) Single player seasons with teh EASFC coin boosts has got me about 50k from the pre-release. The long term solution is trading though, find a good player, buy low and sell high!

Thanks guys, that helps a lot. Couple of questions though.

Troggy.

Point 2. When you say 'link' players, is that something you physically have to do when you pick our squad or is it an automatic thing?

Crimson.

When you say bronze contracts are cheaper, do they only allow you to play bronze players, or will they just give gold players fewer games?

So it seems like take it slow, use bronze players in the easier tournaments, build up coins that way. Buy the 7,500 gold packs and use the catalogue to get extras. Buy players who link through their nationality, team or league they play in. Seem about right?

Thanks guys.

My advice is this. For your first Gold team go for a league that isn't that popular. Russian League has been my choice since it was added to the game. Decent players at a fraction of the price of Premier League, La Liga and Serie A.

As long as your players have all orange lines they will be on 9 chemistry. 10 if you have a manager from that league or have played ten games with that player. I think thats right, the 10 game thing is new this year. So you could have 11 players from 11 different different clubs that are from 11 different countries. As long as they all play in the same league they will have orange lines.

As far as contracts go. Your best bet is to buy players with a lot of contracts. Even if it costs you a few hundred more. Someone might have bought say Fellani put several rare gold contracts on and then decided to sell. So look for that.

Also buy as many managers as possible with + contracts. Rare bronze, silver and gold give you +1, +2 and +3 and non rare gold give you +1. This is a % so the more you have the bigger contact % gets added. Last year I had 30+ managers meaning when I put a rare gold contract on a player instead of adding 28 contacts I was adding something like 44. Very useful indeed.

My advice is this. For your first Gold team go for a league that isn't that popular. Russian League has been my choice since it was added to the game. Decent players at a fraction of the price of Premier League, La Liga and Serie A.

As long as your players have all orange lines they will be on 9 chemistry. 10 if you have a manager from that league or have played ten games with that player. I think thats right, the 10 game thing is new this year. So you could have 11 players from 11 different different clubs that are from 11 different countries. As long as they all play in the same league they will have orange lines.

As far as contracts go. Your best bet is to buy players with a lot of contracts. Even if it costs you a few hundred more. Someone might have bought say Fellani put several rare gold contracts on and then decided to sell. So look for that.

Also buy as many managers as possible with + contracts. Rare bronze, silver and gold give you +1, +2 and +3 and non rare gold give you +1. This is a % so the more you have the bigger contact % gets added. Last year I had 30+ managers meaning when I put a rare gold contract on a player instead of adding 28 contacts I was adding something like 44. Very useful indeed.

Thanks. :)

Been playing FUT for ages and only found this out last week :chair

But this is a good coin saver over time

What really ? as far as I was aware it was only the manager you had active for the squad gave you the extra bonus :eek:

no, all of them count, it caps at a certain amount though [+20% i think] :dance:
Well you learn something new everyday, and I have been playing FUT since it's release :p

I'm getting my copy tomorrow from GAME so after I get the Career achievements I will hop onto UT and start up my BPL squad, the major problem for me this year will be the LW, I usually have Bale but now he's gone I will save up for hazard, until then I will go for Chadli from Spurs as he's only about 700coins currently

I've Been Playing FUt since 09 so here goes...

1. What's the best way to get good players? Gold packs, silver packs, marketplace?

Rare Gold Packs and Transfer Market

2. What players should I go for to get chemistry? Same nationality, same team? Just seems like I'll end up with the Spanish or Barcelona squad??

Same League is good chemistry and same club.

3. Contracts, this is when I usually loose interest. Contract runs out and I have no more coins. What am I doing wrong?

What I do when this happens is buy them cheap or if you still are struggling buy fifa points and open packs and only store contracts and sell the players if there not that great.

4. Coins, how is the best way to earn these? Online, single player

Best way to earn coins without buying them form coin web sites is marketing strategy's E.G Buys players for low amounts that you know are worth more. And if you need a quick fix do single player trophies and single players seasons as you know you will win compared to online.

personally i think people get it all wrong and cause themselves more aggro than its worth, everyone stresses over getting messi or ronaldo and the world 11 team, when in fact its easier for some reason if you play with a silver team..

im not sure why, wether the computer drops the AI as you are not playing with golds but iv struggled like hell on pro or above with a fairly decent gold team, then iv dropped to silver and it seems a cake walk...

also stats dont really mean anything the only stat iv seemed to find any use whatsoever is pace

get a team full of players with the highest pace you can find and it will make the game so much easier too

and this is preference but iv had more luck playing with 3 CBs at the back playing 3 5 2 on a defensive setting so you have plenty of cover and no wing backs to leave you exposed

Can I ask quickly about quick sell. Is it best to put shit bronze players on the transfer market or just quick sell??

I find that no matter how bad the player is, they will eventually sell. It might take you a few days, but they will finally sell.

If they go for 150, its better than the discard price. It all depends how many players you want to sell, as your restricted to 30 at a time in your trade pile.

And what about better players? Should only really good players go on the market and the others just quick sell?

Nope. If a player plays for a popular team they will sell, usually fairly quickly regardless of rating.

There is seriously average player that ive made quite a bit of money on, that plays for a well supported team. People usually put him up for a buy it now of 200. I say thankyou very much and relist for a buy it now of 750.

If in doubt search the player and see what he goes for. Last year, around November some 67 non rated silver from the Russian League went for 200k as he was extremely rare due to being removed from packs early on. So always check to see their value.

Edited by Morbido

Thanks again! Have transfer listed a load and already sold 3! :) started the easiest tournament but just realised playing all gold players is probably a waste of their contracts?

So I guess changing your squad depending on what your playing is the idea really?

And holy cow I've just found the iphone app. This this is addictive! :)

Thanks again! Have transfer listed a load and already sold 3! :) started the easiest tournament but just realised playing all gold players is probably a waste of their contracts?

So I guess changing your squad depending on what your playing is the idea really?

And holy cow I've just found the iphone app. This this is addictive! :)

Another bit of advice is rotate your teams.

If you have say two gold teams have Team A players on the bench/reserves of Team B and vice versa. Keep an eye on their fitness and dont play if there below 90%. If there on your bench/in your reserves they will replenish fitness.

I cant understand those that buy fitness cards. Just follow the above and you wont need to waste coins on fitness cards.

I cant understand those that buy fitness cards. Just follow the above and you wont need to waste coins on fitness cards.

You can also do the same thing that was mentioned above about having multiple managers in your club, but for coaches that improve fitness. If you buy or get them in packs, they all add up, so you rarely have to rest your players. Like the poster further up, it caps at a certain percentage, but it clearly has an effect if you have more fitness coaches in your club, and you can usually buy the gold ones for 200-250 on the transfer market

You can also do the same thing that was mentioned above about having multiple managers in your club, but for coaches that improve fitness. If you buy or get them in packs, they all add up, so you rarely have to rest your players. Like the poster further up, it caps at a certain percentage, but it clearly has an effect if you have more fitness coaches in your club, and you can usually buy the gold ones for 200-250 on the transfer market

You still have to apply fitness cards for them to work tho. They dont do anything if you just rest players which is my advice.

If you apply a bronze card you get 20% and whatever % your coaches add. The only staff I ever have are managers as I rest players which eliminate the need for fitness coaches and I dont use attribute cards as I basically class that as cheating. So dont need coaches/GK coaches.

You still have to apply fitness cards for them to work tho. They dont do anything if you just rest players which is my advice.

If you apply a bronze card you get 20% and whatever % your coaches add. The only staff I ever have are managers as I rest players which eliminate the need for fitness coaches and I dont use attribute cards as I basically class that as cheating. So dont need coaches/GK coaches.

Maybe you are right, it just seems to me that the players recover a lot more fitness in between matches than they do if I don't have fitness coaches. Like you can play more matches with the same players before resting them. But I might be imagining things. I know different variables, like how much you spring during games and so on, also reflect this

Well I've done more in 24 hours than I have in the previous 24 months with FUT so think I'm getting there. :)

It is very complex but I have 2 teams. A crappy one but is still kicking ass on the easy tournaments then I'm using those coins to try and build an amazing team.

Thanks for all the tips. :)