Saints Row IV or Saints Row: The Third?

BronxProdigy

In your opinion, which is the better game? I've never actually played a Saints Row game before and I was thinking about trying one or the other. For some reason though I'm leaning toward Saints Row: The Third because it looks a little less over the top (i.e., the superpowers) than Saints Row IV. Not to mention the fact that I read that Saints Row IV is basically Saints Row 3.5 and it should have been DLC rather than a full retail release. Don't get me wrong though, they both look really fun regardless tbh. I apologize if this question has been asked before and for the long ramble but would just like some valuable input as to the pros and cons of each game, so I can make a better decision. Thanks in advance everyone for your help. :) Btw, if I did end up playing Saints Row: The Third I would get the Full Package game so that I can have access to all of the dlc as well. Opinions are welcome on the DLC too.

Their both great games, but I side more towards saints row: the third. Only because there was more customisation, and was a lot better story line, not that the 4th story isnt good, the first is just an overall better story imo. And driving was a lot more useful than it is now! The DLCs wernt that great to be honest, I just hope this games DLC will be better.

I enjoyed both games, my favourite Saints Row game was the second though. Thought it had a decent story with good depth and I really enjoyed playing in Still Water.

However, between the third and 4 I reckon the third tips the scale slightly as 4 went a little over-the-top. 4 made for a fantastic superhero game but it could have been more I guess...

I haven't played the fourth game but I have played the third and it is really fun. To me the fourth seems fun but it really doesn't seem like it has too much of a story. It seems more like a game you would want if you just want to mess around and blow stuff up. It seems fun but since I haven't played it I would say Saints Row: The Third.

Out of the two, I also agree you should start with The Third. They're pretty much the same game... with IV taking the term "over the top" to a new level. If you start with The Third and enjoy it, I think you'll appreciate IV even more. If you don't like it, well, you're not likely to enjoy IV either.

I did try saints row 1 but the activities were really hard so I lost interest but I might give it another go just doing the story. After GTA V of course :p

They really are brutal I know! I had played Saints Row on my previous account and lost all my progress on it, I too haven't been able to get into it :(

all 4 are just as badass as one another. but you can't really compare them. it's not really fair as each game has a different feel. the first game is all about making a name for yourself in the gang only to get back stabbed at the end. the second is about taking revenge on traitors who screwed you over. the third is about taking the fight to a global syndicate for fucking with you, and 4 is about killing aliens for fucking with earth. I like them all equally.

Not to mention the fact that I read that Saints Row IV is basically Saints Row 3.5 and it should have been DLC rather than a full retail release.

Just so we're clear:

There was a rumor that SRIV is just an expanded version of the Enter the Dominatrix DLC that was supposed to be for SR:TT.

Last I heard, Volition wanted to make sure people knew that that wasn't the case by announcing that Enter the Dominatrix is now DLC content for SRIV. So while IV isn't SR3.5, they surely cut a few corners by simply re-using the sandbox from SR:TT which might make it feel like it is expanded DLC.

Hell, SR2 reused the Stilwater map from SR1 and no one would say that was SR1.5... ;)

LOVE using the super powers in 4. It's action-packed and fast-paced. I am just finishing it up now and it hasn't felt like the grind that SR3 felt like at the end. 4 maybe should have been released as DLC for 3, but the super powers and jumping off skyscrapers is a literal gamechanger and make it so fun to fool around the city, even if you're not completing activities.

saints row 4 is better.

they are both great games, but people say they are just the same, because of the map. thats partly true, the map is the same with a few differences here and there. but the missions on SR3 all took place on the map. but with SR4 most of the main missions are done on the ship adding a lot more to the game than just the standard map

Seriously?

Did you not read what I posted right above you?

Do you not realize anything about the game? SR IV consists of only 20 main missions. For comparisons sake Saints Row 3 had 22 main missions in act 2 alone & a total of 41, Saints 2 has 55 total main missions. The side missions consist of nothing but forcing you to complete the activities. This is just a quick cash in(not a bad thing) but just sell us what it is SR3.5.

What you posted about "enter the dominatrix" has nothing to do with the fact that this should have been DLC