Building Materials?

Joker0fLife

For three days it's given me advice to build a bunkhouse for more beds, but my resources have still remained at 2 with all the construction houses and what not I've looted. I've even radioed for more materials to look for but still haven't gotten anything. I don't want the people to get sleep deprived :( I also need people to get healed so I can use them again. Am I doing something wrong?

I just use the radio tower to ask for resources/materials.

Within 10 minutes, she'll put a small green "?" on your map, and if you highlight it, it will say what it's for. Mark your map with a waypoint to this arrow and it will bring you to a house/shed/trailer. If you loot everything, you will find a "resources/materials pack", and you want to take the whole rucksack home (do not open/break it).

bring lootsacks back to the safe house is all the advice i can give you. You have to hold in (A) to get the lootsack on your back, then take it back to the safe-house (beware: you lose stamina fast, so either have a car, or be close to home).

If you're taking back loot and still not receiving construction material (and the lootsack you brought back is in fact a construction material) then you must have some kind of glitch.

To construct things, you hit up on the d-pad and hit RB so many times til you get a little menu of your home base, hover over what one of the many squares and you should be able to build beds in one location, medical area in another, etc. from there, you can upgrade what you build.

Make a building with the materials icon instead of a building icon into an outpost to get +3 materials per materials outpost, per real world day.

To do this, search everything in the building and if there is at least one bag of materials, the icon of the house/building will change to the materials icon. If there are other item bags and they override the materials, loot them so the house is a materials icon. Leave the materials bag there and call to make the building an outpost for the +3 bonus, after which you can loot the materials bag for another 15 materials.