not even close to as good as the first

who else thinks this game is average at best? more characters is great but the game can be glitchy and has tons of camera issues. very short with a boring story as well. the charm of it as a lego game was actually lost a bit by adding the voices. they tried to do too much with the open world aspect of it and didnt focus on the camera issues and clunky contols. flying in free roam in the city is a nightmare. very hard to get used to. they should have keep all the unlockables but made it simpler to make it more fun. camera problems were the worst. i gave the first a 90/100. i give this 55/100. would be less then average to me if it wasnt a super hero game. very dissapointed. i dont sugar coat things to make them easier to swallow.:( lego games dont need open worlds and they need much more simpler camera controls. its a lego game not gta.

I kinda liked this one more. At first, I have to admit, I was a little put off by the whole free roam aspect but it grew on me (I'm told L:LoTR has a similar system) after I had some characters and vehicles that could fly. I definately think they could've done more with the DLC than just adding more characters though. A Justice League or maybe even a Young Justice game would be great

• 4 weeks later...

I love the aspect of adding more characters from the DC Universe! However, I cannot stand LEGO games actually having dialouge now! I don't know if I'm the only one, but I appreciated that the games prior to this didn't have dialouge. They actually had to tell a story without words, so they actually had to build a relatively good story that made sense. Now they just throw together whatever. I'm a little disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gotta say I do love open-world.

Voice is good for me too.

I would say the first one and this are two different games.

I love both and would not say which is better.

I love flying around Gothem with Superman though.

I admit that the control and camera are disastrous.

But I can get over it.

I really love both games.

But I will choose open-world over chapter-base.

So I vote for this one.

If there are some side missions, it would be even better.

But maybe that would be overly complicated for a LEGO game.

And I could see a Lego DC Super Heroes game coming.

This one is probably just a setup for a DC game, who knows?

And Marvel is coming too.

• 2 weeks later...
Wrong... The first was boring this one is alot better.

I gotta agree. I thought the first one was just another Lego game, but this one kinda sets a new standard. I love the open world mechanics and had a lot of fun exploring for the gold bricks, etc. I also loved the new heros and the new abilities. While I was frustrated by a few glitches, I don't think they ruin the game by any means. Overall, I would call this my favorite Lego game yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked being able to switch characters any time (except in story missions); although, other than Superman, the Justice League wasn't in it as much as I'd expected. That was a bit disappointing,l since they made it seem as if they were gonna play a bigger part. I guess I'm not really sure what I thought about the story overall, but I didn't mind the gameplay.

I liked the open world aspect because it was a change of pace from previous games, plus it did somewhat make getting certain Achievements easier (just keep going to those Green Lantern buildables), especially since there was a map. Reloading levels to find that one thing that was missed can get a bit tedious.

I realize it's not the same by adding voices, but at the same time, this is kind of a new story, as opposed to following the preset movies, so gestures might not have lent themselves as well. Voices also allowed for adding a new dimension to the LEGO game humor (shame Mark Hamill already quit being The Joker beforehand though).

I did like the inclusion of so many characters though, and I do wanna play the Marvel one when it comes out. (Now if they'd just make a Turtles game too.)

I'm a bit undecided because the first one is probably my favorite Lego game that I've played. Even though the old formula had been totally recycled numerous times, it was a formula that was perfect and didn't get old (IMO of course)

This game brings a lot of changes and unfortunately there's some control aspects that make it worse. Also the hub world, just in general, confuses me. The missions mindlessly place you here and there, visually I have a hard time seeing/navigating, and the controls (especially flying) don't agree with my brain lol. Hoping that with time I enjoy it a bit more.

• 4 weeks later...
Wrong... The first was boring this one is alot better.

I gotta agree. I thought the first one was just another Lego game, but this one kinda sets a new standard. I love the open world mechanics and had a lot of fun exploring for the gold bricks, etc. I also loved the new heros and the new abilities. While I was frustrated by a few glitches, I don't think they ruin the game by any means. Overall, I would call this my favorite Lego game yet.

I would have to agree with these guys. LEGO Batman 1 was nothing special, just more LEGO with no advancements to the formula. In fact, I disliked LEGO Batman so much that it drove me away from playing LEGO games for a while because I was just sick of them not fixing any of the issues that I'd seen in Star Wars and then persisted through Indy and then stayed around in Batman too.

It was LEGO City Undercover that brought me back, and damn that game is fantastic. I went back and grabbed LEGO Batman 2 because it was on sale and now that I'm playing it, it's easily much better than the first LEGO Batman. It's obviously not as good as LEGO City, but obviously I can't fault it for that as it came earlier and helped lay the groundwork for what LEGO City would eventually be.

But yeah, LEGO Batman 2 > LEGO Batman by miles.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...