Finished PT 2 But Got Level 49 Bee Shield

Odessa

I think it's luck of the draw, I had no side missions beaten, and I got a level 50 inflammable the bee. I didn't actually notice it was level 50 till I looked just now, my friend told me the highest I could get was a level 48 while I was farming, guess I was too happy to notice it was level 50.

I just finished my PT2 run (minus all sidequests) and did the side quest for Hellquist so I could farm for a Bee shield. He finally dropped one but it was level 49. Am I supposed to finish all side quests for the 2.5 to kick in?

i think PT2.5 kicks in after you complete the final mission in PT2. you could go back to southern shelf and find some enemies there and look at their level. if they are level 50 then you are on PT2.5, assuming you started your second playthrough at around level 35, the enemies in that area would be that level, unless you are on PT2.5. im pretty sure thats how it works, anyway.

also, being on PT2.5 just puts enemy levels at a minimum of 50, you can still find weapons and items at a lower level than 50. if you really need a level 50 bee, then you could post in the trading thread asking for one. i would even drop you one of mine, but i wont be on for ages.

farming hunter hellquist was one of the easier farming situations if you ask me. its very quick to do, so you could also keep farming him. i got 3 bee shields off him, all in PT2.5(after i completed PT2 anyway), one at level 48, one at 49 and one at 50.

Thank you all for the responses! I was given a really good one when I hit 50, but love to farm to see if I can get better. I read his drops are rare so I am happy he finally dropped something. The capacity is higher (by 1K) but everything else is lower. His weapons range from 49 to 50. I am definitely on 2.5 as far as enemy levels, so I'm guessing from the responses that the drop levels vary. I just thought it was a tad odd since the other bosses that I've farmed drop level 50s across the board.

Chickin: Once you finish the mission you can definitely start farming for one. scottttocs is totally right about him being the easiest to farm. He gave me a decent grenade mod, too.

I know this is probably answered some where, but I have searched and can't find it, but I don't want to start a new thread, because I know someone will bitch.

What exactly is pt2.5? I am on my second play through right now. If I finish the last main story mission, will all of my side missions reset again? I am about half way through my side missions, so I don't want them to reset, so I have been waiting to finish the main story until they are done. Is that the best idea? Does Pt2.5 reset the side missions?

I know this is probably answered some where, but I have searched and can't find it, but I don't want to start a new thread, because I know someone will bitch.

What exactly is pt2.5? I am on my second play through right now. If I finish the last main story mission, will all of my side missions reset again? I am about half way through my side missions, so I don't want them to reset, so I have been waiting to finish the main story until they are done. Is that the best idea? Does Pt2.5 reset the side missions?

Playthrough 2.5 happens after you beat the final boss a second time. The side quests do not reset, but the quest rewards' levels are raised (you should probably be level 50 at this point).

The side quests will not reset. Anything you've done in PT2 will be completed in PT2.5, and anything you haven't done will still be available to finish. I would suggest finishing the story of PT2 first, then taking care of the side missions once you're in PT2.5. That way, the loot you get will be better than if you do them now.

Playthrough 2.5 happens after you beat the final boss a second time. The side quests do not reset, but the quest rewards' levels are raised (you should probably be level 50 at this point).

The side quests will not reset. Anything you've done in PT2 will be completed in PT2.5, and anything you haven't done will still be available to finish. I would suggest finishing the story of PT2 first, then taking care of the side missions once you're in PT2.5. That way, the loot you get will be better than if you do them now.

Thanks for the explanantion, I was wondering this as well. The husband and I are going through playthrough 2 now and were trying to knock out all of the side quests before we finished. Thanks for the tip! :)

I would suggest finishing the story of PT2 first, then taking care of the side missions once you're in PT2.5. That way, the loot you get will be better than if you do them now.

Exactly what I'm doing with my main (Maya)... I just wish I hadn't had a momentary brain fart and accepted the mission to get the Firehawk shield at level 38 =(

Thanks for the explanantion, I was wondering this as well. The husband and I are going through playthrough 2 now and were trying to knock out all of the side quests before we finished. Thanks for the tip! :)

No problem, it definitely doesn't hurt to get the story quests out of the way and get the most bang for your buck with the loot from the side quests once you hit level 50.

Exactly what I'm doing with my main (Maya)... I just wish I hadn't had a momentary brain fart and accepted the mission to get the Firehawk shield at level 38 =(

I did something similar, but I still plan on playing through the game with a couple other characters, so I'll still have a chance to get the quest rewards at level 50.

If you need a Lvl. 50 Bee shield, I'm willing to duplicate one for you. Probably not at the moment, though. Just got Halo 4 today, so I'm most likely gonna be playing that. If you need one, though, just message my GT and I'll be more than happy to give you one! Already gave 7 people Bees as well as Terra grenades and Conference Calls.