Dark Souls 2?

Roshin

Yeah, the games only 4 months old, so I wouldn't believe anything you read of that nature. And as for sequels, I wouldn't hold your hand on your ass for that one. Although, I'm sure there is a probability of a "spiritual successor" a couple years down the line.

Fwiw, here are some Miyazaki quotes on a sequel

To be honest, I do not know if there is a plan for a sequel to Dark Souls at this point. Personally, I have some things which I could do better and things I wanted to add to Dark Souls. If I get a chance to develop a sequel, I would love the challenge of making a new one. However, at the same time, if we are really to make a sequel, I think we would need some more new blood on the dev team, not just myself, to create an even better game.

But making a sequel is too big of a topic for me to decide anyways. So I will leave it up to the company.

Hold your horses. I don't know about a sequel but it seems like we can make a new one. We still need to look at reviews and player feedback including overseas, whats going on and is there a market for it. I really don't know about a sequel and even if there is I don't know if I have a chance to work on it cause that's a separate issue so I can't talk about it carelessly. Dark Souls is not "mine" and I think it might need some new "blood" (influence). If there is a sequel it going to be a brand and it will need its brand power which might need some new "blood". With all these issues I have no idea. I want to make something

Nice post, Echilion. There is some good info there. I would love to see another game down the road whether it be a "spiritual successor" or a sequel. However, I could also see myself still pulling this game out a year or two from now and wanting to play it. But yeah, it would be great to see something new. I remember how happy I was when they announced "Project Dark" and I knew that something new in the Demon's Souls vein was coming down the pipe.

I really don't know, why everybody wants to see DLC for Dark Souls! :confused::confused:

I'm so glad that Dark Souls is as "anti-band-waggon" as it got.

I like the game being different in any possible sense.

I mean imagine Dark Souls made by EA:

-) Painted World would first of all definitely be an 1200 MSP extra campaign.

-) Lots of weapon-DLC (I prefer discovery for gaining weapons).

-) Adjustable difficulty at any point of the game.

-) 2 different season passes: one for invading, one for summoning

I mean, don't get me wrong: If I'd return home from work today and I'd find a copy of DS2 of the same quality as DS1 next to my XBox I'd definitely be late for work tomorrow. :)

But I wouldn't want to see any DLC for DS as I find they delivered a well-balanced package of software I wouldn't want to add or remove anything at all.

I really don't know, why everybody wants to see DLC for Dark Souls! :confused::confused:

I mean imagine Dark Souls made by EA:

-) Painted World would first of all definitely be an 1200 MSP extra campaign.

-) Lots of weapon-DLC (I prefer discovery for gaining weapons).

-) Adjustable difficulty at any point of the game.

-) 2 different season passes: one for invading, one for summoning

I mean, don't get me wrong: If I'd return home from work today and I'd find a copy of DS2 of the same quality as DS1 next to my XBox I'd definitely be late for work tomorrow. :)

But I wouldn't want to see any DLC for DS as I find they delivered a well-balanced package of software I wouldn't want to add or remove anything at all.

I do agree with you, if it didnt have any DLC I would still be happy with the game but I just want more and seeing as these games take a while to make I think DLC would be perfect. I wouldnt want DLC like EA have DLC because that is and always will be know as "shit DLC" to me I would like something that is worth the price and has decent gameplay hours something that if fromsoftware had to make would have.

EA have run the name of DLC into the dirt but remember just because EA do it dosent mean every developer has to follow it and Fromsoftware are renowned for not following trends and being different :D

Miyazaki answers a question on DLC, this is about a month old. Translation is a bit iffy

Question: Is there any plans for DLC? It was said we might have it during development so I want to know your current plans.

Answer: Honestly we have had some troubles for some time so we didn't have a chance for that discussion as well as other around us. So we probably will start discussion now. I can't say we will or will not have it but I do want to get one out in some way.

Sounds like Miyazaki wants to do it, but may not be his decision

Edited by Echilion

THIS!

A). I'm fucking tired of dlc. It's fucking everywhere now, and 95% isn't worth a shit. In fact, speaking of shit, your money would be better spent if you wiped your ass with it.

B) DLC would be completely irrelevant for this game. I mean, what are they going to do, add an extra area and a couple new armors? This isn't Dragon Age...not that there is anything wrong with DA. But, other than DA's main storys, ALL of their dlc for both titles has been fucking weak. I would like to think that From Software has a little more respect for the gamers that support their game than to pull a stunt like that.

C) If they do decide to tread down this path, which I'm fairly confident that they won't, I really hope that they take a cue from Oblivion, Fallout 3, or Borderlands, and really do something fresh, and something with integrity.

THIS!

A). I'm fucking tired of dlc. It's fucking everywhere now, and 95% isn't worth a shit. In fact, speaking of shit, your money would be better spent if you wiped your ass with it.

B) DLC would be completely irrelevant for this game. I mean, what are they going to do, add an extra area and a couple new armors? This isn't Dragon Age...not that there is anything wrong with DA. But, other than DA's main storys, ALL of their dlc for both titles has been fucking weak. I would like to think that From Software has a little more respect for the gamers that support their game than to pull a stunt like that.

C) If they do decide to tread down this path, which I'm fairly confident that they won't, I really hope that they take a cue from Oblivion, Fallout 3, or Borderlands, and really do something fresh, and something with integrity.

Amen to that brother!

I completely agree with you , From Software got my respect , they didn`t made a game which gets much money $$$ profit and shit ,they did a game which is exclusive for a special group of players ,and because there are no DLCs for this game ,confirms the fact ,that they wanted to stay loyal to their traditions of Demon/Dark Souls games and keep the reputation of this game alive.

I mean seriously people ,look at the game developers nowadays ,they are doing profit oriented games ,(even Hideo Kojima from the amazing Metal Gear Games made a statement to this ,which you can read on the website).

I am so glad ,that there is still a game company ,which is brave enough to create a game which is not for the mass...i am so happy about it ,it gives me satisfaction.

Dark Souls is an underrated Masterpiece ,and i pray to god ,that from software can get enough money from this game ,so they can see " Staying loyal to our concept of Dark Souls Games was the right choice" ,hope they don`t destroy Dark Souls...i mean they can still make mainstream games with other game titles to earn money for their company ,but please for gods sake ,don`t destroy the reputation of Dark Souls.

From Software + Dark Souls is like: " I care about my fanbase...i will stay loyal to you "

there are a lot of game titles now which are more like " I don`t give a SHIT about your opinion ,i want FUCKING $$$$ for my company ,even if that means to destroy the relationship to the fans ,WHO where responsible for the success of this game...

Look at Resident Evil: was supposed to be a Survival Horror Game > turned into an Action Shooter. Hope this won`t happen to Dark Souls.

The future looks bleak for a sequel.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6349575.html

Good find.

!) I think "massive" is a bit much for this game. I mean, I've put well over 125 hrs into this game across 3 characters, and I've not once encountered anything I would consider to be "massive." Maybe a glitch here or there but other than the initial inconsistency of the online co-op, I can't think of anything that I would consider a big deal.

2) I'm glad there won't be another game in this universe. Like with Demon's Souls, they should move on to a fresh universe with a different world, different lore, different bosses, enemies, weapons armors, etc. Besides, I think they have said everything they needed to say with Dark Souls. I will still be playing this game for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
Amen to that brother!

I completely agree with you , From Software got my respect , they didn`t made a game which gets much money $$$ profit and shit ,they did a game which is exclusive for a special group of players ,and because there are no DLCs for this game ,confirms the fact ,that they wanted to stay loyal to their traditions of Demon/Dark Souls games and keep the reputation of this game alive.

I mean seriously people ,look at the game developers nowadays ,they are doing profit oriented games ,(even Hideo Kojima from the amazing Metal Gear Games made a statement to this ,which you can read on the website).

I am so glad ,that there is still a game company ,which is brave enough to create a game which is not for the mass...i am so happy about it ,it gives me satisfaction.

Dark Souls is an underrated Masterpiece ,and i pray to god ,that from software can get enough money from this game ,so they can see " Staying loyal to our concept of Dark Souls Games was the right choice" ,hope they don`t destroy Dark Souls...i mean they can still make mainstream games with other game titles to earn money for their company ,but please for gods sake ,don`t destroy the reputation of Dark Souls.

From Software + Dark Souls is like: " I care about my fanbase...i will stay loyal to you "

there are a lot of game titles now which are more like " I don`t give a SHIT about your opinion ,i want FUCKING $$$$ for my company ,even if that means to destroy the relationship to the fans ,WHO where responsible for the success of this game...

Look at Resident Evil: was supposed to be a Survival Horror Game > turned into an Action Shooter. Hope this won`t happen to Dark Souls.

You can state things like this, but the fact is those "I don't give a shit about your opinion, i want fucking $$$$" companies ARE raking in money hand over fist....meaning people ARE buying their products. Which means that people DO like their products.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who buys a game or dlc that they don't like or agree with is a fucking idiot. >_> So either the world is full of fucking idiots (I'm not saying its not) or EA and their trends are on to something that most people seem to like, because they keep buying it.

I do wish From Software great success, this is a great game :) But you can't say that companies like EA "don't care about the gamer, just money" when they continually bring in 10-20 times the number of customers. They're doing SOMETHING right if people keep buying their products.

• 5 months later...
You can state things like this, but the fact is those "I don't give a shit about your opinion, i want fucking $$$$" companies ARE raking in money hand over fist....meaning people ARE buying their products. Which means that people DO like their products.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE who buys a game or dlc that they don't like or agree with is a fucking idiot. >_> So either the world is full of fucking idiots (I'm not saying its not) or EA and their trends are on to something that most people seem to like, because they keep buying it.

I do wish From Software great success, this is a great game :) But you can't say that companies like EA "don't care about the gamer, just money" when they continually bring in 10-20 times the number of customers. They're doing SOMETHING right if people keep buying their products.

You appear to be dumb.

Ill use EA as an example since you did. Sports games, football/baseball/basketball/ect. Who makes it? EA. Who else? what? Nobody? Just because a company makes money doesn't mean people like them...where do you propose people get their sports games if not from the only company who makes them?

Having a monopoly over a genre of games does not qualify as "doing something right"

Activision is another good example. You can't get a X-Men game that isn't published by activision. And guess what, they all suck...but guess what...they still make money. Does this make them a good company? Does recycling the same garbage every year to sell to the idiotic mass of casual gamers make them a company who cares about gamers? Don't be dumb.

On topic though: There will most definitely be a sequel at some point. Dark Souls did quite well...so I am sure there will be another game in the series in the future.

Edited by Gackt

You appear to be dumb.

Ill use EA as an example since you did. Sports games, football/baseball/basketball/ect. Who makes it? EA. Who else? what? Nobody? Just because a company makes money doesn't mean people like them...where do you propose people get their sports games if not from the only company who makes them?

Having a monopoly over a genre of games does not qualify as "doing something right"

Activision is another good example. You can't get a X-Men game that isn't published by activision. And guess what, they all suck...but guess what...they still make money. Does this make them a good company? Does recycling the same garbage every year to sell to the idiotic mass of casual gamers make them a company who cares about gamers? Don't be dumb.

http://789chan.org/L/src/133745804269.gif

On topic though: There will most definitely be a sequel at some point. Dark Souls did quite well...so I am sure there will be another game in the series in the future.

Well said! Good to see you back, Gackt!

And as for a sequel, I have little doubt that there will be at the very least another Souls game, either in this universe, or as a spiritual successor.