A little help with the difference between Asian and Japanese versions...

Hi all. I really want to pick this up as I love the Virtual-On series. However, could somebody clarify which version is the best to get? Are they both region free? Do they both have 1000 Gamerscore available? I vaguely recall someone on here mentioned that the Asian version didn't have Achievements? Not sure if that's true or not? Maybe I imagined it? :-p

Also, on a different note, does anybody have any recommendations on any other region free, great games to play? As in Japanese exclusives? I've got a PAL console by the way, if that makes any odds...

Thanks all!

I'm pretty sure both versions come with achievements, it says in one of the other threads.

If you get the dlc though remember to get the same Country specific points as the overseas account you create to download it.

So Japanese 1400 points for Japanese account, Asia points for Hong Kong account etc.

Other region free games, hmm

Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5

Espgaluda II

Also just released Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets

Note though, these are not at all easy 1000's like Virtual-On, on the contrary extremely difficult.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes. The game is region free. It plays on all NTSC (North America), NTSC-J (Japanese/Asia) and PAL (Europe/Australia) consoles.

What classification of consoles are on other continents, like South America or Africa? One wonders...

Thank you for letting me know, I prefer on getting the Japanese Version over the Asia Version

The only differences between the 2 are: The spine of the cases look different (different rating boards?) and the Japanese version doesn't actually have "Japanese Version" wrote on it (where the asian version does).

If you get hold of a first print Japanese copy you'll get a DLC code and a Border Break booklet too.

The people @ videogameimports.com have some instock at a very good price (£27.99).

The only differences between the 2 are: The spine of the cases look different (different rating boards?) and the Japanese version doesn't actually have "Japanese Version" wrote on it (where the asian version does).

If you get hold of a first print Japanese copy you'll get a DLC code and a Border Break booklet too.

The people @ videogameimports.com have some instock at a very good price (£27.99).

Thanks for showing me the website, I want the MemorialBox of the game,and they seem to have in stock. have you ever order off this website before?

Thanks for showing me the website, I want the MemorialBox of the game,and they seem to have in stock. have you ever order off this website before?

Yes, I ordered the standard and memorial box edition off the guy. Very well packaged and next day delivery whatever option of delivery you choose.

They have some great items on the site and you get always get first class service.

• 1 year later...

I have just bought a 'first print' japanese version of the game with border break booklet etc, now as I cannot read Japanese, do tell me, what slip has the DLC code on it?