Why Xbox360 is better than PS3

x MrsMassacre x

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both the ps3 and 360 slim versions, For the 360 I would say that the marketplace and Online community is bigger and more developed and you can find older 20GB models for $100 or less nowadays, but I did wish that the 360s HD could be changed as easily as the PS3(even though I have a 250GB HD LOL), it had a web browser, and most importantly(which just about everyone else would agree on, but is never going to happen) FREE ONLINE.

Right, so, I have to write a persuasive speech and the topic I chose is in the title. What reasons would you buy a 360 over a PS3? Please give me your well thought out reasons.

There's more exclusives, and anything that is on PS3 that I'm interested in, is on Xbox 360 also, I have a PS3.. and tbh with you, it is mainly used for a BluRay player, there is only a couple of games I ever play on it which are MGS4 and Ratchet and Clank ToD, LBP got old fast to me.. there is one game I'm looking forward to playing on PS3 which is The Last Guardian.. but now there's all these Move rumors about it which makes me not want to bother with the game now, if it means I need to buy Move to get the most out of it, or all out of it, then that's out of the question.

I also prefer the online of Xbox too, I heard PS3 supports Lovefilm now.. but I don't ever put my PS3 online anymore as I hear loads of complaints from people who hate the new firmware updates for it, some screw the PS3 up, I'll prefer a working PS3 anyday, also btw if you think I never had it online to be able to tell it apart from XBL, I have had it online before the updates started to mess it up, and the only game I can really compare it too is SCIV.. so many Kilik players on PSN, I prefer XBL crowd, at least it wasn't Kilik non-stop, it was much more competitive.

Edited by TakahashiDemon

Right, so, I have to write a persuasive speech and the topic I chose is in the title. What reasons would you buy a 360 over a PS3? Please give me your well thought out reasons.

Get Xbox360 if you want to play Gears of War3, GTA, and Halo

Get PS3 if you want to play God of War3, LBP, and Rain

Get Wii if you.. want to get rid of your gamecube.. and to play Mario Galaxy.. and Donkey Kong Country... did I meantion Mario Kart?

Specific Enough?:confused:

• Price Point
  • Exclusives
  • Amount of Games (as well as arcade)
  • Ability to create/download indie games
  • Media Player
  • Kinect
  • Profiles (ability to transer/bring them with you)
  • Zune experience
  • Pay online vs free online
  • Ability to use MSN
  • Developing games easier on 360 (you can actually find quotes to back this statement made by several game developers)
  • Games for Windows (and Windows 7 phones) allowing achievements
  • Yearly updates to improve and give a new look to dashboard
  • Number of Xbox Live users vs. PS3 users
  • Constant charity auctions

Sorry if that's a long list, and I don't own a PS3 only have played it. I don't know if every one of these are exclusive to 360 or maybe just work better in general.

*In the speech, don't bash PS3, but welcome it as a nice competition. Explain advantages of Xbox 360 instead of the disadvantages of the PS3. Keeping a positive tone is key, you do not want to set a negative vibe when trying to convince someone. Don't go overboard in specs/details, as most people don't know or don't care and will lose interest in what you're saying and it'll be harder to gain their attention (since you'll be recovering). Keep it interesting, positive, and if something is not a great point, don't mention it at all. Find common benefits for each point that a lot of people can relate to. Don't spend too much time on one topic, keep it flowing.

Example when comparing:

The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 both support X, but Xbox 360 will give you Y and that's a benefit because of ____.

Edited by Tyger7

• Price Point
  • Exclusives
  • Media Player
  • Kinect
  • Zune experience
  • Ability to use MSN
  • Developing games easier on 360 (you can actually find quotes to back this statement made by several game developers)

Sorry if that's a long list, and I don't own a PS3 only have played it. I don't know if every one of these are exclusive to 360 or maybe just work better in general.

Gah you stole most of my reasons right there ^. :D

• Price Point
  • Exclusives
  • Media Player
  • Kinect
  • Zune experience
  • Ability to use MSN

+1

used to be a PS3 gamer, but not anymore.. for PS3 the whole system is boring!!

Xbox owns me now !

• Price Point
    PS3 has a built in blu-ray player, with free online. worth the price. not to mention it's decreased substantially in price.
  • Exclusives
    depends on your tastes. for the record, the PS3 has more highly rated exclusives than the X360 does.
    again, tastes. at first, this was true, back in 06-07. but the PS3 has caught up quickly, so the whole "PS3 has no games" argument is a moot point.
    valid point, though not everyone is a game creator. so not everyone will care.
  • Media Player
    huh? PS3 has built in blu-ray player, as well as netflix.
  • Kinect
    PS move.
    valid point.
  • Zune experience
    not everyone will care, i personally don't use the feature. though valid point, i guess.
    this works in the PS3's favor. free online, not that silver account shit where you can't play online.
  • Ability to use MSN
    most people have a computer. it's way, way better on a computer.
    again, this is a moot point. developers have grasped PS3 development, and embraced it.
    only appeals to achievement whores, and not everyone is one. PS3 owners can play PC games.
    Sony updates the PS3 every Thursday.
    Similar feature on PSN home. (rewards program.)
    moot point; you won't have any trouble finding people to play online with on the PS3.
    lolwat.

you bring up good points, but most of them are minor. i own both consoles, and love them both equally.

Edited by Vanilla Coke Zero

I personally don't own a PS3 but my cousin does. So when I go over I play what I want to play and I can say without a doubt PSN is dead. Community wise XBL is centuries ahead of PSN. Sure Xbox might have more exclusives but quality wise I think PS3 has better choices (Uncharted anyone?).

• Price Point
  • Exclusives
  • Media Player
  • Kinect
  • Zune experience
  • Ability to use MSN

That pretty much covers anything I could possibly think of.

Right, so, I have to write a persuasive speech and the topic I chose is in the title.

Personally, I would choose a better subject than trying to persuade someone a 360 is better than a PS3.

I completely agree with you, but non-gamers will probably see them as being near identical. Unless you are 11 years old, I would choose a more serious/academic topic.

I find that both consoles have their pros and cons, but unfortunately i find a lot more cons with the 360 than the ps3, so that just edges out the ps3 for me. And in terms of the exclusives it's really just a matter of preference, I like uncharted 2 a lot better than gears, but i find halo slightly more enjoyable than killzone etc. either way good luck with your speech :)