bungie nerfing gruntpocalypse AGAIN

lifeexpectancy

So bungie already reduced gruntpocalypse from 1300+ per match to 1000-1100. Well they are nerfing it again Tuesday! Please visit my thread on bungie.net forums and vote YES. They seem to think nerfing gruntpocalypse (and probably all of score attack) will bring more people to multiplayer. Screw that. Thread is here: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=50026687&viewreplies=true#end

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fools... here's a better idea.

GIVE MORE cR FOR THE OTHER GAME TYPES! 500-700 for an awesome MP game is WEAK!!

I do however love all the game types. I wont play (the freakin awesome) campaign anymore because it's not worth playing for no cR, unless its for a challenge. I loves me some killin nubbies in MP. And I love relaxing while Grunt heads pop-HURAAYYYY!!... but if thats not worth the cR I wont play that either, so I guess I spent 70 bucks on an online deathmatch game, which is awesome, but c'mon... I want to mix it up and feel like I've earned something for doing so.

Edited by MegaloYeti
edit

Presumably you're still going to be getting just at least as many credits playing Gruntpocalypse as you would playing any other gametype, so what's the problem here? If you're playing this game solely for grinding credits then unfortunately you're always going to be at the mercy of Bungie and what they decide is best for their ranking system. And if you don't play solely for credits, then there really should be no problem. By the way, calling people who disagree with you 'fanboys' is not being very diplomatic.

So bungie already reduced gruntpocalypse from 1300+ per match to 1000-1100. Well they are nerfing it again Tuesday! Please visit my thread on bungie.net forums and vote YES. They seem to think nerfing gruntpocalypse (and probably all of score attack) will bring more people to multiplayer. Screw that. Thread is here: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=50026687&viewreplies=true#end

1. Way to be condescending to anyone that disagrees.

2. They said they're trying to balance it out, so you don't get more in Score Attack than you do online. What's the problem with that?

2. They said they're trying to balance it out, so you don't get more in Score Attack than you do online. What's the problem with that?

My problem is that you don't get enough for playing online. The fact that Bungie's solution is to lower the credits rewarded for gruntpoc is plain depressing.

My problem is that you don't get enough for playing online. The fact that Bungie's solution is to lower the credits rewarded for gruntpoc is plain depressing.

I agree that they should raise the credits for doing good in Matchmaking, but they're obviously making it where the long-term players get the higher rewards. Bungie and Halo have a pretty loyal fanbase (for the most part) and a lot of the people that play would gladly play the numerous hours and matches for the rediculous ranks. They aren't meant to be boosted and completed in a couple days or weeks.

As I said, I do agree that they could raise the cR for winners, but at the same time, I won't be upset if nothing changes.

Well you basically get more credits per grunt kill than you do a player online which is pathetic in my opinion. I love going +20 in a game just to get a performance bonus of 40, when someone goes -10 and gets performance bonus of 70.

Are you sure about that? How do you know the cR earned decreasing in firefight isn't the same as the cR earned decreasing ONI killionare boosting? As in, the more you play it, the less you get. If Bungie was going to nerf something, they would tell us. They have said numerous times that playing your favorite gametype or checkpoint won't get you cR banned, so what reason could they have to nerf it? There's already a level cap, and a daily cR cap, so the playing field is level as it is.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: show me some hard evidence (preferrably directly from Bungie) that says they are going to nerf firefight.

EDIT: i just read your post on B.net, and all i can say is: QQ MOAR.

EDIT EDIT: after waiting for the responses for pour in, i have realized people dont get the concept of BALANCE. if you continued to get as many cR as you do at a bronze commedation as you do at onyx, that would be extremely unbalanced. people would hit the daily cR cap, and the rank cap very fast. it has been made PAINFULLY obvious that Bungie has no intention of making it easy to get all the sweet gear the armory has to offer. if people bothered to read the B.net weekly updates, they would know that Bungie has put an ENORMOUS effort to create this game, and to keep it balanced. it seems that people who see these small tweaks as 'unbalanced', and 'unfair' are those who want grind, grind, and grind. now, dont mistake me for being condescending. this is all my opinion.

Edited by zombie stomp52

try playing BTB. i walk away from every game with 900+ Cr. and it is progress towards multiplayer commendations. like getting vehicle kills and killing players in vehicles. its fun if you get a big group together.

I agree that they should raise the credits for doing good in Matchmaking, but they're obviously making it where the long-term players get the higher rewards. Bungie and Halo have a pretty loyal fanbase (for the most part) and a lot of the people that play would gladly play the numerous hours and matches for the rediculous ranks. They aren't meant to be boosted and completed in a couple days or weeks.

As I said, I do agree that they could raise the cR for winners, but at the same time, I won't be upset if nothing changes.

The long-term players should get something, yes, but not at the expense of everyone else.

As others have stated, playing matchmaking isn't the only way to play the game, and playing with douches half the time makes it decidedly not fun. I do not intend to spend the next year or two of my life playing this game. All I want is to get to a decent rank, get 100% GS completion, and to enjoy the game while I play it! By trying to force me to play matchmaking, Bungie is just going to make me get frustrated and leave to play another game. This game's Cr. system is not balanced correctly for sure, but lowering the Cr. gained in gruntpocalypse is not the answer! Make good ol' matchmaking worth more, and I guarantee I'll play it more. Make certain game types worth less, and I guarantee that I'll be playing Dead Rising 2 more ;)

try playing BTB. i walk away from every game with 900+ Cr. and it is progress towards multiplayer commendations. like getting vehicle kills and killing players in vehicles. its fun if you get a big group together.
Go figure; playing multiplayer with a group of people who you know makes it fun. Problem is when you don't have a group of friends to play with. When you get on a team where your teammates kill you for a power weapon or vehicle, it becomes not fun... quickly.

I've already quit Reach... the game's system just wasn't designed that well..

I'll be back for the inevitable DLC achievements in future, but that's it.

It's a shame really, because I bought the Legendary Edition with high expectations.

Wow, so it's fair to say that Bungie have got you by the short and curlies? You don't even enjoy the game but they've made you fork out for the Leg edition and pledge to buy future DLC?

Now that's power.

Wow, so it's fair to say that Bungie have got you by the short and curlies? You don't even enjoy the game but they've made you fork out for the Leg edition and pledge to buy future DLC?

Now that's power.

1. How exactly was he supposed to know that he would be disappointed in the game before acquiring it? I don't quite understand the logic. Here you have to pay for a product before using it.

2. He mentioned future DLC with regards to achievements, not because he's madly in love with Bungie or something. Last I checked, this is Xbox360Achievements.org.

I love Reach as my first Halo game, and I love the credit system. Sure I'm no pro but I still get a good amount of Cr after every match. And I agree with the one who said that you should be playing the shit out of the game for fun and getting credits should be secondary to the experience. I also agree that Bungie messed up with the distribution, since the only way to get a substantial amount of credits is to complete challenges now, which are fun. Still, I get about 700 Cr per MP game played, which is nice - as long as its in the hundreds, I'm happy!

Last I checked, this is Xbox360Achievements.org.

That doesn't mean the lives of everyone here revolve around imaginary points on a screen. Assuming so is closed minded, and sadly pretty damn typical of people on the internet.

It's not that I didn't like the game, because I did. I liked it enough to get the full 1000. But the multiplayer is tedious.. I'll only be playing again for the 750 achievement points they add in future DLC (1750 total).

Honestly, Halo 3 was a better multiplayer experience, and a better game in general.

That DLC will more than likely be 100% multiplayer, the thing you just called tedious. So that other guy had a point, you're going to spend money on an aspect of a game you don't enjoy.

That doesn't mean the lives of everyone here revolve around imaginary points on a screen. Assuming so is closed minded, and sadly pretty damn typical of people on the internet.

My statement in no way asserts that, thank you. In fact, I imagine the percentage of users on this forum who define their life by their gamerscore is actually quite small.

What I said was that stating one's willingness to play future DLC for the sake of achievements on an achievement-related website does not make one a Bungie whore, ffs.

But then again, failed reading comprehension and grandiose doses of hyperbole are pretty damn typical of people on the internet.