Most dissapointing game you've played lately

JacksSmrkRevng

What game have you gone out an purchased new or used, and felt it didn't live up to the hype?

Two for me:

Final Fantasy XIII - Too linear through first 10 chapters, and finally when it opened up, little incentive to grind it out.

Gears of War - Bought this used, played through once. Umm okay.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought GH Van Halen for $15 last month and I've been disappointed ever since I played the first couple of songs. Reasoning is I believe that so much more could have been done to make it great(band interviews, the original VH lineup no wolfgang bleh, etc) and the fact that it's a GH game. I'm very much used to RB, so it's kinda like playing Halo then switching over to COD. Though it's still the same (FPS), I prefer the previous......I don't like the open bass notes, the fugly VH characters and just the way the notes feel scrolling down. I've even played through the career on bass, guitar and vox too. Gonna finish up drums this week. Like I said, I prefer Rock band much more.

Glad I only payed $15 for it :p

Alan wake, I enjoyed playing the game, but with how long it took to make. I would have expected.. A better story, Better lip syncing, The game to be scarry, Better Level design and a main character who has the ability to jump with out looking like a retarded grasshopper

Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2 and God of War III

Red dead was an amazing game with a great ending! I cant understand why people dont like it!

And mass effect 2 was great too I dont understand why people dont like these clearly great games!

Bought Blur for PC...the commercials made it seem like it would be so fantastic, but it wasn't much better than your typical racing game. Bleh.

Was it the commerical with Toad like charater punching a Barny like charater in the stomach? I love that commerical.

LP2 Loved the first, but not really liking the second. Please make DLC with a horde type of mode.PLEASE

Probably has to be Prince of Persia classic or Splinter Cell Double Agent.

PoP looked good and I wanted to like it, but the controls killed any enjoyment I might have had.

Splinter Cell DA was dissapointing because, I boosted all the online map achievements, got up to 96/97% stats and completed all the challenges to gold with a couple of folk (which was fun), but now I've remembered that I'm not the best at stealth games and I'm struggling to get past the first level on hard xD

I'm gonna try until I do it though, I'm not gonna invest all that time and effort to just give up.

For me it was definitly Bioshock 2 ... not even close to what I have expected with the great story of the first game in the back.

The multiplayer was ok, but with disconnect every few rounds and laggy servers its a pain to go for lvl 40 / 50 ...

Was it the commerical with Toad like charater punching a Barny like charater in the stomach? I love that commerical.

Indeed...and while the commercial made the game look great, it just really isn't what I was expecting. I still prefer my Mario Kart 64.

Red dead was an amazing game with a great ending! I cant understand why people dont like it!

And mass effect 2 was great too I dont understand why people dont like these clearly great games!

Red Dead just proves how massively overrated Rockstar Games are. They haven't made a good game since Vice City. Maybe with the exception of Bully but that's about it. Ever since Vice City Rockstar's games have become boring and generic.

And Mass Effect 1 was better than the second game. The balance between actual RPG gameplay and shooter gameplay is completely ruined in Mass Effect 2. Not to mention the story wasn't all it could have been. They were catering a bit too much to the shooter crowd for my tastes.

Those are not necessarily bad games. I just don't think they are worthy of the GoTY status that many people give.