do you buy games on demand?

mmartynn

Nope. Stores here are much much cheaper than £20 a game. Pretty much everything on there I can get for £7-£15 and I prefer a physical copy because you can trade it in if you really grow tired of it and I generally like collecting games.

No, I will not be buying games on demand as I prefer to have a physical copy that I can put on a shelf.

Same thing here, the only exception I made was with halo, if xbox originals are included when you speak of games on demand, only because its getting hard to find a physical copy for it. I don't know about other areas but here all of the games I've looked at I can get cheaper in stores so thats the other big reason why I haven't bothered with them.

No, and for a few reasons:

1) Rather have the disc, so that way you don't have to do the license transfer if your harddrive goes *poof* (plus, less of a pain to take to your friend's house)

2) The majority of the games on there you can get the physical copy of it for less

3) People without the 120GB/250GB won't be pressed for space, cuz I checked some of the file sizes and they are huge

Never bought one and probably never will for similar reasons to what has been posted already. I prefer to have the disc to trade in or lend to friends, the games on demand are also very overpriced. Most of them can be picked up for a lot less from online retailers.

No on demand games for me. Prices for these games are overpriced plus I'd rather have the physical copy to store on my shelf.

I would have bought LSWTCS retail but at the extra £13 for the box and manual it's just not worth it. Besides I had a load of points just sitting there so it didn't bother me.

What did bother me was going into a pawn shop in town today and seeing it for £11.99! :mad:

I dont think I will ever buy a game on demand, unless they come down to like a tenner or something. Most of them are old and you get buy them brand new cheaper in the high street, and you get a physical copy. And when you get bored of them they make colourful coasters. They are a bit of a rip-off imo.

Edited by NawtyCawty

I will never buy a game on demand unless it is less than five dollars. I mean, they seriously put up a game that had broken achievements WITH the broken achievements attached to it (NFS: Carbon). Awesome. Plus they are ridiculously overpriced.

I remember well over a year ago that EA was not supporting this product anymore, which was in response to them having another race week to get an online achievement. To not support a game and still receive profits from it must violate some sort of business ethics code.

I almost bought NFS: Most Wanted from games on demand, because I couldn't find a copy of it where I live. However, I managed to find a copy a few months ago. If they offered newer games and/or discount prices, I'd probably go for it. Its mind boggling how they can charge more than retail stores, while they are saving loads of money from production and distribution costs.

I have never, and will never buy from games on demand unless:

One, they turn ridiculously cheap.

Two, the game on demand is rare and cannot be found in stores (Unlikely)

Or lastly, if it is in a deal, in which the game I would be playing a lot and the lessened noise would help.

I have never, and will never buy from games on demand unless:

One, they turn ridiculously cheap.

Two, the game on demand is rare and cannot be found in stores (Unlikely)

Or lastly, if it is in a deal, in which the game I would be playing a lot and the lessened noise would help.

What he said.

And, if there's absolutely no other way to obtain the game (which is quite possible in the future, look al PSP Go).

EDIT: Correction, i "lied". I've bought one when GoD was first online, to try it out.

Edited by Xedoss
I lied

I haven't bought a game on demand, and I doubt I will, mostly because of the high prices compared to buying the game at a store. The only time I would consider buying a game on demand is if they either lowered the prices in general, or did some sort of a 'deal of the week' offer, where they picked 1 or a few games and lowered their prices significantly.