Official Undefeated Heroes Glitch Workaround

bplayak

Tons of people are having trouble with this(myself included, 5 legendary playthroughs and no achievement) and have no definitive answers of how exactly to get the achievement to unlock when it glitches. Here's how to get it to work every time.

First make sure you have done at least two playthroughs with both sides of the war unlocked. After completing the game on super heroic/legendary and the achievement doesn't unlock after beating 12 bosses without revival or retry you'll be sitting disheartened in the Wakanda Palace. Load up a second controller and press start. DO NOT sign in any profiles on this controller. Make your way to the simulator console and start knocking out mission boss levels from scratch. You'll know you are on the right track when the achievement tracker starts popping up 1/1. The achievement tracker will only pop for 12 out of the 15 bosses. The bosses it won't pop for are Goliath, Yellow Jacket, and the first instance of fighting Green Goblin. I personally skipped the Yellow Jacket fight because the tracker won't pop no matter what I tried but I would play Goliath just to be safe. Here's the order in which you should play.

1. Tinkerer Bot 2. Von Bardas 3. Titanium Man 4. Cable 5. Bishop 6. Goliath 7. Green Goblin/Venom(first) 8. Diamondback, Moonstone, Whirlwind 9. Green Goblin/Venom(second) 10. Nick Fury

Now the key is to make sure you play these 10 levels WITHOUT quitting the game. If you quit out the Player 1 stats won't save on your profile and you'll have to restart. Shouldn't take anymore than an hour anyway so really no need to quit.

Good luck and hope this helps anyone who's stuck without this achievement.

Awesome method! Thanks for this. It worked like a charm. :D

I too had troubles with this achievement. I played through on legendary difficulty and beat every required boss without revival or map reload and I didn't get the achievement.

However, using this method, I got it to pop no problem. It doesn't make any sense, but no matter. I still got the achievement. :p

whats the best way to do this? its really difficult trying to control 2 players at once especially when you hafta fight bosses...

On the second controller, press Select to send the character to AI. It'll return back to player 2 after every cutscene, but it's simple to just press select again when need be.

Also make sure that the character who player 2 is, is not someone that you're gonna use a fusion with. You can't activate fusions unless you press it on both controllers.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this and it didn't work. I have Player 1 go with me on the simulator missions. I just press select and play. I went through all the bosses and defeated them without revival. I then checked the stats and it seems that not all the bosses registered. The one's listed below are the ones that show up on the map stats.

Tank Bot

Von Bardas

Titanium Man

Bishop

Yellowjacket

Green Goblin/Venom (First)

Diamondback/Moonstone/Whirlwind

Green Goblin/Venom (Second)

Nick Fury

I made sure I defeated all the bosses. I even went back and beat Cable, Goliath and GG/Venom (Second) twice to see if they would register onto the stats. I didn't quit the game at all either. Still no luck with the achievement. =(

Did you log the second controller in? If not, you're not supposed to, then they'll start popping at the top for the 2nd controller. For example after you beat Von Bardas it should pop at the top for the 2nd controller and say "Von Bardas: Defeat without revival or map reload 1/1" if you logged the controller in that's where it went wrong. If you didnt then I have NO clue.

Anyone know if this will work for the Simulator Missions as well?

• 2 weeks later...

so because both "player 2" and my profile are playing, we both get the achievement?

this is blowing my mind now...

if this works thank you so much

also, here is a fun one...

i played through it with the iron man side to get the "i'm with iron man" thing, and it literally glitched ALL THE WAY THROUGH the prison levels!!! so i missed out on all the act 2 on legendary, act 3 on legendary, and the iron man team one.

not to mention this nonsense

SO if this works i can just burn through the game for the 4th or 5th time on iron mans side, not worrying about all the revival nonsense

im currently working on this - i got the first 2 to unlock by just pressing start with the 2nd controller right before i beat the boss

ok scratch that

as far as i can tell you literally need to move player 1 along with you the whole time

grrrrrrrr

i dont know if i can defeat fury with player 1 taking damage the entire time

ok scratch that

as far as i can tell you literally need to move player 1 along with you the whole time

grrrrrrrr

i dont know if i can defeat fury with player 1 taking damage the entire time

lol this glitch is hilarious.

here is how i got it...

i had 2 bosses defeated while having myself play player 1 the whole time, then i killed off everyone except the real me i was controlling, then i beat tank bot and got it

seriously weird achievement

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm growing tired of this game, not due to this glitch, oh no, that's the least of my annoyances, but because of Bishop's stupid boss battle. TWICE I have attempted this, and TWICE has the Bishop boss battle decided to glitch in some way.

First time it decided to stay put on the cutscene where he energizes himself, the second time I completely kill him, just for a sliver of health to reappear and then to boot, I can't bloody hurt him. He just runs about like a cunt.

Am fucked off with this shoddy ass game, and I thought I'd vent here instead of elsewhere/new thread.

Anyway, here goes my third attempt with this ridiculously glitched achievement.

EDIT: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE. This is ridiculous. Goliath and second Venom/Goblin don't pop up...

EDIT 2: Beat the Tinkerbot thing for the 4th time and it unlocked. Now just Immortal Heroics to 'fix'.

Edited by Br0kenAssass1n

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Will this work for me?? I played through on Super Hero Difficulty, beat all bosses without revival and all registered (currently sitting at 13/15).

NO achievement. Thought shit I must have reloaded the boss level at some point (didn't die, but did occasionally have to save and exit the game due to real life). So replayed every boss level one after another without revive or re-load, non popped as I already had them.

Read a solution that if you clear your cache and replay the 1st boss level via the sim and turn on a 2nd controller just before killing the tinker boss it will work. Well I got the 'killed tinker-bot boss without revives 1/1' message but no achievement.

Finally I started a legendary game and ran through the first stages and killed tank bot again. Still no achievement.

I am hoping that the achievement will pop when I have 15/15 beaten without revives (as although yellowjacket shows as killed without revives 1/1, it didn;t pop on the screen). Also hoping that maybe Venom & Goblin only count once for the achievement.

Anyway will go back to my Super playthrough and complete the costumes etc. Then replay the game on legendary with my high level dudes, if no luck I will replay it again on Super hero and try then after 3 runs I will try this.

OK got it finally, by hitting moonstone using the Hulk, random achievement pop!!

PS - Whats the best team for legendary - Jean grey, Hulk, Thor and Goblin? I thought wolverine and JG had the best targeted combo?? Any advice on what I should max out.

Edited by Damage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...