Wow, what a game!!!

danowat32

Just this morning finished my first playthrough of ME, and its been a long time since a game gripped me like ME did.

Sure, its not without fault, but its a hell of a playthrough.

I am already planning my 2nd and 3rd playthrough, and thats something of a novelty, re-playing a completed game.

TBH, its probably the best £7 I have spent, roll on ME2

Just this morning finished my first playthrough of ME, and its been a long time since a game gripped me like ME did.

I am already planning my 2nd and 3rd playthrough, and thats something of a novelty, re-playing a completed game.

I'm glad to hear that other people feel the same way about this game as I do. It was one of the first games i picked up for my 360 and it was just a random pick because i thought the cover looked cool. Boy was i surprised when i jizzed in my pants every 10 minutes because of how amazing the game was. The replay ability is something i don't quiet understand but am truly glad it exists. If this game did not have replay value it just wouldn't be the same, but gladly it is. Amazing RPG elements, a squad system (although where is the co-op for this? Perfect setting for it), top notch voice acting, great shooting gameplay, and FANTASTIC, and i mean FANTASTIC musical score. The main theme to this song that you hear a lot of the time, just that simple ambience is so beautiful that i just couldn't turn it down. Great game, and i have extremely high hopes for ME2.

A thread talking about how godly this game is? (lol)

But in all seriousness it IS a really good game. I'm just about to finish my first playthrough (how I didn't finish one when I FIRST got my 360 is beyond me...) and am looking forward to a second and third run (maybe fourth, but prolly not). I think the character interaction is what sets this game apart from others - it makes you feel truly intertwined with the story and events going on.

phew...now back to playing...

I love all of it. I personally thought it looked good when i got my 360 but didnt pick it up because I've never been good at rpg's and im not really a squad commanding person. So when i saw a friend playing it i was suprised how simple those aspects were so i picked it up and i have no regrets whatso ever. I agree the ally achievements do suck as it means you have to play almost the entire sidequest set 3 times minimum which is something i dont plan to do on the hardcore and insane campaigns. Also unaware of a certain choice you make on illos I couldnt use one of my characters anymore so i only got one achievement on that play, they should just make it complete the main storyline with these people. On my 3rd playthrough 50-something hours on hardcore.

Yeah Mass Effect is a really good RPG, and with the sequel coming out that should be just as good. I simply love RPG's, and MASS EFFECT reminds me of Star Wars KOTOR.

P.S. some other RPG's you should like, Fallout3, Elder Scrolls

This game ranks as my no.1 game for the 360. More or less the only game I had fun playing through several times as you can make new conversations and do all quests out of order.

example is to wait a loooooooong time before rescuing the blue chick :)

try different allies and listen to their elevator rants.

This game is excellent, I'm saved on a 3rd playthrough hunting down the "Extreme Power Gamer" achievement!

Really involving plots, plenty to explore & enough different allies to get you playing over again!

Third only to Oblivion & Fallout3 IMO...

(Plus i scored with a hot blue alien chick! ;))

Looking forward to ME2, apparently it runs on from yr ME1 saves if you have them - and follows on with some of the decisions we did/didnt make...

Sounds cool!

Just finished my first playthrough, the credits are still on.. (great soundtrack!)

I felt a little bored until I became spectre, but then then I couldn't stop playing. It got worse after doing Virmire because then I had to see the end :D

I got level 50 during the last mission, so the level 60 cheevie won't be that of a problem on hardcore I think :)

Next playthroughs will also be great I guess, gotta do one more than I planned, only got Wrex' achievement, Garrus' didn't unlock somehow, but I got him later, so whatever..

It's a great game :D

Edited by horstwayne

Plus i scored with a hot blue alien chick! ;)

am i the only one who banged the human?

and let me tell you i see what all the huff is about Fox News! it WAS graphic! there was a side view of her naked ass that lasted a whole 5 seconds.

honestly though the only thing that bugs me about this game and alot of Unreal Engine games (Ahem... GOW and GOW2) is the slow rendering. and what would a BioWare game be without some minor glitches?