Far Cry Mapping.

DirtyMcHater

Im DL'ing, i'll let yaknow what i think soon.

i have a very basic map i suppose ppl could try - i only made it in about 30mins, but my mate tells me its good so i suppose i could promote it here, lol. its called 'burn down'.

but atm im making a very special couplke of projects - im doing a race track, but my fav im working on is a map built on a giant T rex. n when i say giant, im talking bigger them mount everest size. :)

Cool im just going to check them out ,BTW I have made a replica of Bog from call of duty 4 and would like some guys to check it out please its quite good but if i missing anything could you let me know.... my author sig is 'II MaNiiC x' and the map is called 'CoD4 Bog Original'

Please download it rate and tell me what you think of it i need your downloads :D thanks.

Edited by iinSaNe x
Because it lacked awsomeness

iinSaNe x, I think in order for those lamps to light you have to set it to night.

What sucks is that I want my map to have a stormy feel to it. But I guess if people download it they most likely won't put it with stormy weather which is the point of my map. It's supposed to be stormy in order to be most effective. Since I have traps set up. They're very visible with regular weather should have thought of that.

i had a little go with this, its brilliant. but my question would be, why can you make these huge sprawling maps but then the largest playing area you can set is so tiny???

You CAN make huge maps. My map is small. I chose small, because I wanted to have a theme. I wanted it to be with a stormy weather, I have roads which if you follow you might end up in a puddle. I also didn't want everyone to be visible. I wanted to have a tight map, where camping is reduced to a minimun and both teams had the same amount of accessories. What sucks is that I made my map with the objective of it being stormy but when people play it doubt they would set it to storm. Which sucks. Because my map is meant to be played during a storm. It gives it the feel I intended. Ubi should had done a feature where : If I set a map to have a settern weather everyone who plays it would have the same weather. If I set night, the everyone would play night. Because my map owns during storm but sucks during daylight. :/ (Hope I make sense.)

you do make sense, and i totally agree. the lighting and visibility is a big part of the map when you make it, it should be how you intended it to be for everyone else. but this playing area thing, do you not have to use it or something? because the playing area is tiny even at its largest, ive made a pretty big map but the playing are covers a fraction of it

Like you said the playing area it's what you make it to be. You can go ahead and utilize every single part of the map they give you or shorten it a bit. The reason for the limited space is because of multiplayer experience. I don't think you can set the whole single player maps to be able to function in MP because lag would be a major factor. The smaller the map the better the performance and vise versal. I chose a small map because of my vision. But like you said, my vision is basically ruined due to the fact most people can chose their own weather, time of the day, ect, ect. Which really ruins the point of my map. :(