Having trouble identifying 4th notes.

Im currently trying to complete all the challenges and i am now onto the Superior challenges.

I have completed each one except the:

4. (D) Summer Fantasy - Don't step on 4th notes (Flat)

I find it difficult to realise which notes are the 4th notes and no matter which arrow i usually step on, it always fails me.

Could anyone give some help?

Thank you

:]

Alright tiger, First off set your arrows to "Note" by going to...

Options > Graphics > Step Mark Color

Now hop into training mode and set it to Summer Fantasy and the lines to 41-58 and Difficult mode.

You want to avoid all arrows that are "Red" and Hit all the "Blues"

You can complete this challenge using memorization or visual. Listen to the beat, Notice how the 4th notes are dead onto the beat. The Blue arrows are 8th notes and they are between the beats. If you understand this clearly, You can beat this challenge by just either listening for the between beat cues, Or by simply seeing the arrows that are between arrows on the beat.

If all else fails memorize which notes not to hit. You only have to play about 25 seconds of the song.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Ok, but what are the 16th notes then?

16th notes show as yellow arrows when you have the step colour option turned on. :) Hope that simplifies things a lot for you. Those of us who don't study music here are pretty much screwed when it comes to listening for the right notes :p