Akumu-mode?

Kovy88

I did it. Akumu with no Upgrades and it also unlocks Nightmare Achievement. The hardest Parts are the Boss of Chapter 14 (because of the Leeches) and the Beginning of Chapter 15 ( Spikey Eye Rooms and the Fight against the two Safe Heads).

And what do I get for all this trouble? 50.000 Gel and a sweet Pair of Brass Knuckles. Also 101 Deaths!!!

Btw. I pretty much ran the whole Game, knew where I was going and ended up with 9:30 Hours. So whoever goes for the Speed Run...Save after every Chapter and post your Times so that we can check where to cut down.

Also whats up with the Full House Achievement? Didn't unlock for me. Do I need the Pre Order Flamme Bolt ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it. Akumu with no Upgrades and it also unlocks Nightmare Achievement. The hardest Parts are the Boss of Chapter 14 (because of the Leeches) and the Beginning of Chapter 15 ( Spikey Eye Rooms and the Fight against the two Safe Heads).

And what do I get for all this trouble? 50.000 Gel and a sweet Pair of Brass Knuckles. Also 101 Deaths!!!

Btw. I pretty much ran the whole Game, knew where I was going and ended up with 9:30 Hours. So whoever goes for the Speed Run...Save after every Chapter and post your Times so that we can check where to cut down.

Also whats up with the Full House Achievement? Didn't unlock for me. Do I need the Pre Order Flamme Bolt ?

WTF?! Congratulations! Nice to hear you managed to do it without upgrades. Doesn't sound too discouraging now. Wanna get the majority of Destiny done and hopefully to Evolve Alpha before I start this game but your provided information is already great.

Well done, I can't imagine myself doing it with no upgrades, especially after chapter 11. Those enemies with guns are just going to piss me off lol

Congrats. I'd rather do a casual run without upgrades than doing it on Akumu. That will be hard enough already. But glad that it is possible. Shows how well the game is made.

Are the brass knuckles at least a One-Punch-Death? That would be fantastic! I saw them in the model viewer and thought they might be for beating Akumu. I wouldn't be surprised if they are completely useless. That's something Mikami would do ^^

Yeah, the Brass Knuckles are One Hit Kill on regular Enemys (at least on casual) but godd Lock to use them in Akumu were you die from a single Touch. Even the little Slugs that the Bus Monster shits out are a No-Go.

I was hoping that Mikami let us unlock some cool Stuff like Swords, a Laser Gun or at least some Skins but Nope instead we got Weapons with next to no Ammo and Brass Knuckles.:( Anyway great Game.

Potential coming DLC crap what else.

I'm not sure. Every weapon (even the DLC shotgun) are in the model viewer. There are still two handguns and a sniper rifle which I don't think anybody has unlocked yet (not sure if you get something from beating it under 5:00)

I don't mind the DLC for this game. This has a 20 hour campaign (deaths are not recorded in game) with at least 3-4 playthrough for the full 1000k.

I've put in 44 hours so far (Xbox One statistic) and still need 15 keys, no upgrades, speedrun and Akumu. That is massive replay value for a survival horror title.

The thing I kind of dislike is the fact that the Kidman DLC will probably reveal more of the story. Although the main game wraps up most of the story there are still some things left unanswered that the DLC might offer. Well, still gonna buy it even if it's only as half as good as the main game.

After all it seems Akumu provides the decent challenge. I like that. All I often want is that the developers have guts to put things like this to their game. I want to beat modes that offer bragging rights. Things were the achievement really is an achievement. Beating that Max Payne 3 mode has gained me some rights, this seems like it will too.

After all it seems Akumu provides the decent challenge. I like that. All I often want is that the developers have guts to put things like this to their game. I want to beat modes that offer bragging rights. Things were the achievement really is an achievement. Beating that Max Payne 3 mode has gained me some rights, this seems like it will too.

Yeah man its been a long long time since a game was hard. I'm on chapter 10 atm damn this chapter is horrible lol

I'm not sure. Every weapon (even the DLC shotgun) are in the model viewer. There are still two handguns and a sniper rifle which I don't think anybody has unlocked yet (not sure if you get something from beating it under 5:00)

The Burst Handgun and the Piercing Sniper (Can't remember the proper name) are both unlocked by collecting all 28 map fragments and then examining the wall where they go inside the Save Area.

The Burst Handgun and the Piercing Sniper (Can't remember the proper name) are both unlocked by collecting all 28 map fragments and then examining the wall where they go inside the Save Area.

Thanks. Was wondering why it didn't unlock anything. Just looked at it without going near it ^^

Still have to find the last 10 keys, though...

Wait till chapter 11. It's the worst one next to six. That whole construction site ist just pure evil.

oh man the start of chapter 6 was a nightmare. i got to chapter 11 last night but decided to take a break. not looking forward to all those guns and gondola ride lol

not looking forward to chapter 15 either there are a lot of enemies on that level

Can anyone confirm whether finishing Akuma will unlock the achievement for playing on Nightmare? The guide says Nightmare can be started on NG+, but I discovered that I could still only play on Survivalist.

You get both achievements when you complete Akumu.

No, you can't start Nightmare or Akumu on NG+, beating survival only unlocks them. You can only start NG+ on the difficulties you've beat.

Edited by EmZeroX