PC version won't launch -Windows 7

McDurbin

Alright, so weird issue. I have an actual copy of the game and I installed the game on my main gaming PC and on my laptop so I can boost it by myself, I'd run 5 copies on my main PC and one on the laptop so I can see and control a character on the other team.

I put in a cracked version of the launcher which makes it to where it doesn't require the disc anymore. It wouldn't launch on either PC. So I reinstalled and launched the game without messing with anything and it worked fine on the laptop, once I activated it I was able to put the cracked launcher in the folder.

However when I tried to launch it on my main gaming PC, I got this error message.

http://i41.tinypic.com/xgk4uq.jpg

This is the same error message I got when I put the cracked launcher in the folder before activating it. I uninstalled again, made sure there were no folders relating to the game still on my PC and rebooted. I reinstalled again and was still getting this error message.

So, has anyone else experienced this? I'm fairly experienced with messing with GFWL games to get them to work but this has me stumped and I couldn't find anything on google about it.

Update post: I updated my graphics card driver and my computer kept randomly getting the BSOD and the game still wouldn't work. I also have windows 8 installed on my PC, set up in dual boot, and it worked first try on windows 8. I have no idea why it works on windows 8, an OS its not even listed as being compatible with, but it does.

• 4 weeks later...
Did you ever get it to work on the Win 7 PC? I am having the exact same issue.

Update post: I updated my graphics card driver and my computer kept randomly getting the BSOD and the game still wouldn't work. I also have windows 8 installed on my PC, set up in dual boot, and it worked first try on windows 8. I have no idea why it works on windows 8, an OS its not even listed as being compatible with, but it does.

10char........

• 3 months later...
If anybody is still interested to make it run, i used this guide

http://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=article&articleid=407

It's in German but i used Google translate and i could still follow it and make it work

"Similar to " Clive Barker 's Jericho " , the game requires the old AGEIA PhysX driver and does not thus with the newer PhysX drivers from NVidia (see article) .

With the following step by step guide , the game can also be played with the latest drivers :

1 Calls in the Control Panel " Software" and uninstall only the NVidia PhysX drivers ( and the game , if it is already installed ) , then you install the game ( again ) - the old AGEIA drivers are automatically installed at the end of the game installation.

2 Change servicekit after installation folder "C: \ Program Files \ AGEIA Technologies " or for Windows Vista / 7 "C: \ Program Files \ AGEIA Technologies " and choose the folder " V2.7.2 " - copy this folder to another directory ( eg only once on the desktop).

3 Now uninstall the AGEIA drivers on "Software" and re-install the latest NVIDIA PhysX drivers ( they can be installed separately as the driver by default in the folder C: unzip \ NVIDIA \ Display Driver \ etc here would be in a " PhysX " folder the file PhysX_9.12.1031_SystemSoftware.msi are ! )

4 After installation, you open the NVIDIA Corporation folder in the "Applications " folder , and going to the subfolder " PhysX \ Engine \ " there would have to be currently the PhysX engine versions from v2.7.1 to v2.8.3 (8 folders , NOT numbered ) are .

5 Now Copy the folder " V2.7.2 " in the relevant engine folders from NVIDIA.

Now would start the game easily . If any problems with other , newer games occur , you can see the old AGEIA driver temporarily out delete it and can copy when needed.

NOTE : The author assumes no responsibility for any damage that may result from changes in drivers !"

;)

• 8 months later...